Player
    Character
    Azmura Tatsumi
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90

Error Code 401 for a week now.

Hello, me & and my girl friend have been trying to buy stuff on the Mog station for about a week now on her account. Regardless of the item we try to buy on her account we always get 401 Error.
    We have tried both our credit cards and still got the error. We know for a fact it isn't the bank seeing our cards work fine on my account.
    We used both of our pcs and our ps4 and still got the error on her account long with resetting both pcs and our internet.
    We also tried looking on Reddit & contacting customer service [who are the most useless people in the world] They told us to just wait or contact or call our banks even thought it isn't our banks. So they were useless and didn't even try to help or even care.
    http://tinypic.com/r/xdv3gk/9
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Shiroe Enchanter
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 55
    Quote Originally Posted by Azmura View Post
    Hello, me & and my girl friend have been trying to buy stuff on the Mog station for about a week now on her account. Regardless of the item we try to buy on her account we always get 401 Error.
    We have tried both our credit cards and still got the error. We know for a fact it isn't the bank seeing our cards work fine on my account.
    We used both of our pcs and our ps4 and still got the error on her account long with resetting both pcs and our internet.
    We also tried looking on Reddit & contacting customer service [who are the most useless people in the world] They told us to just wait or contact or call our banks even thought it isn't our banks. So they were useless and didn't even try to help or even care.
    http://tinypic.com/r/xdv3gk/9
    I tell you what has been going on. DEAR SE failed to tell their customers that the Japanese data centre was under DDOS. Now correcty if I'm wrong but this could very much affect the whole game and everything connected to it. As we can see what happened on the NA data centre and whats happening atm on the European one.
    (0)

Hello Azmura, Thank you for posting on the Final Fantasy XIV Technical Support Forums

Are you still receiving the error 401? This payment error typically clears up after 24 hours. Please let us know if the error persists.

Hope to be of assistance.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Azmura Tatsumi
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Yes the error 401 is still occurring regardless of the item we try to attempt to purchase. It seem the only way to get around it with Paypal or me buying and gifting her items with my account. Is using Paypal and waiting it out the only solution?
    (0)

Thank you for the reply Azmura,

As this does go beyond the scope of this forums, we have sent an email to the address associated with your Square Enix account. From here, the Square Enix Support Center will continue to assist with your issue.

I will say that this kind of error is a billing error and cannot be caused by the connection status of any other data centers.

This thread will be moved to 'Support Center Ticket Created.'

Thank you for visiting the Final Fantasy XIV Technical Support Forums.
    (0)