Player
    Character
    Ketsueki Bloodfox
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 80

An idle SCH thought

How would you feel if there was an added pet option that would set Eos/Selene to follow your targeted ally (party only) much the same way she does with Heel to follow you? However, it wouldn't affect your abilities of using the pet skills like Fey Union, Rouse, WD/FW, etc.

I've talked to a tank friend about it and we generally laugh at the thought of Lily flying around his head while he's buster swording in all his dark vengeance.
    (2)

Well, at least I'm trying...

Player
    Character
    Song Sparrow
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    can't say i wouldn't mind this tbh. maybe if i make the fairy follow that blm standing at max range they'll get the clue
    (4)

cerise leclaire
    (bad omnicrafter & terrible astrologian)

Player
    Character
    Riyshn'a Nhise
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    It sounds good on the surface, but in execution I feel like it would be a bad idea to ever actually use it - just because non-SCH players probably wouldn't realize that they need to stay still to get the most out of her or she stops casting Embrace, and at that point you might as well just Place her.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sebazy Spiritwalker
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    It'd be neat for most dungeons but likely rather hazardous for bosses or pretty much anything that cleaves. If the range was tuned right or if by some miracle SE were willing to put some effort into it's implementation then it could be quite handy though!

If it was my call, when following someone, I'd have Lily's movement AI ensure that when it's follow target is engaged in combat, she stays behind the target of her target. Effectively causing her to sit just behind the boss or such.

We can dream
    (0)
    ~ WHM / badSCH / Snob ~ http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/871132/ ~

Player
    Character
    Ketsueki Bloodfox
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 80
    That's the thing though is that compared to just about every non-tank, Eos and Selene take massively reduced damage from almost all sources, and none from select others. Byakko's stupid cleave for example hits for up to 38 if not 40k and the fairy just kinda shrugs it off with virtually no damage. Even if they're targeted by adds, the amount of damage they take vs what you would is vastly noticeable.

Even the robot cleaves in Doma Castle for example, on a player they do like 20k, on her its like 8-13k, so I don't feel that her getting hit by cleaves (and even then that's only if the person she's following doesn't dodge) is all that big an issue. Also, including those ground AoEs and even the ghost boxes in Sigmascape 1, I've had her use embrace and technically "get hit" by the aoe and she flies out like it was ignored, not even a 0.

As for the range of her using Embrace, the cast time is about on par with Physick so unless they're constantly sprinting away from her I don't see it as a huge issue on range, though I feel like it can help out those tanks for when they're low and your aether stacks are on cd but your Fey gauge is full, but they'd be out of range if she's following you (because the range lies on the skill description).
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Mahrze Crossner
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Riyshn View Post
    It sounds good on the surface, but in execution I feel like it would be a bad idea to ever actually use it - just because non-SCH players probably wouldn't realize that they need to stay still to get the most out of her or she stops casting Embrace, and at that point you might as well just Place her.
    Well, if she's gonna follow a target, I take it the AI will be made to work in terms of healing its target. Or they can: make the healing range a joke for the fairy or the fairy can cast while moving.

But we know none of this will ever happen
    (0)
    If you say so.

Player
    Character
    Kabz Il
    World
    Spriggan
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 90
    Not saying that it's a bad idea, but I'd rather they not dumb down the job even more. Placing the Faerie is hardly much effort, but it does take some thought. And in some fights, you'll manage her many times throughout the encounter. To remove that completely is just laziness imo. It's essentially removing more of the pet aspect of the job from SCH when I'd much rather they go the opposite direction.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Toki Tsuchimi
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    There is already a way to do this by using macros. I didn't make it but someone showed me. The only issue is the pet is right on top of the target not off to the side. So the system is thete but could be tweaked.
    (0)
    I like helping people with their Job ideas, it's fun to help them visuallize and create the job they'd like to play most. Plus I make my own too, I'll post them eventually.

Player
    Character
    Vyriah Altaisen
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 70
    It's done by using the skill the place pet arround. If you macro it to cast on someone the fairy got to that player position as it works like an AoE. Pretty much the same as the shadow flare on target macro.

Wouldn't recommend doing it with your tank though, fairies can be hit by cleaves.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ketsueki Bloodfox
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 80
    Wait, you can macro the fairy to "follow" someone with place?
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast