Player
    Character
    Holy Terror
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70

RMT IS HERE TO STAY, IT WILL NEVER DIE, AND ITS YOUR FAULT

Likely this is going to mark both the beginning and the end of my time on the forum. As you may know, I am Holy Terror, representing the 789th Syndicate, Aurum Boys, and most importantly Tea House.

I have gone out of my way to expose those who are in favor of and those who claim to not care about RMT. This is disgraceful. As I have found after my many bans from various Discords, namely those such as FFXIV Chat and FFXIV Reddit Discord is that those than claim to not care about it are actually not indifferent to it as they would lead you to believe. Not caring translates to not being opposed to it. When taken literally, if you don't oppose something, you are in favor of it. I thought that this could not be, there is no way that "I don't care" when written in the full form could mean "I don't care that people do it". Due to this misinterpretation of the statement, I found that when you speak against it, it is considered to be harassment as well as an annoyance to many.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Holy Terror
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70
    RMT is reserved for indolent losers and cheaters. How can these people get away with it? Since I am very open about my views in regards to RMT, whether it be for gil, housing, raid clears, its all the same to me. There are people that tell me that RMT should be okay because casual people don't have the time to dedicate to make money as intended by the design of the economy. That is no reason to excuse violation of FFXIV User Agreement Section 2.2 in any form. Cheaters never prosper, don't be a loser. Speak out against those who marginalize those who engage in RMT, don't be afraid to name names as long you have evidence, there is no in-game disclosure clause in the FFXIV User Agreement, so don't be worried about action against your account.. I read it thoroughly. That which you do in secret is usually what you're ashamed of, shame can be conquered when you strive for integrity.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Holy Terror
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70
    IT IS UP TO US TO STOP RMT AS SQUARE-ENIX GMS AND ABUSE TEAM CAN'T DO IT ALONE. If we are adamant and inexorable on these issues we can let those who break the rules know that they are poor players with zero standards, and that we are not sympathetic to their lack of conviction, and we will not stand for cheating within our ranks.

On Square's part.. chat limitations for those under level 5 should be implemented to those on trial accounts, and those who receive RMT Activity reports at a certain rate should have chat rights limited. These are simple ways that this can be more effectively combated, and would be easy to note those who abuse the system offering penalties that way.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Azael Moon
    World
    Halicarnassus
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    How do you feel about the recent trend of shell accounts used to advertise content selling for real money? What could they implement to stop it? I keep seeing people running "Duty Roulette" at the top of the PF with "Selling Content, Ultimate, Byakko & any. leave discord with price sheet" It's annoying and despite blacklisting several of these (even though it doesn't do anything because it's still at the top of PF). They just keep coming back anyways.
    (0)
    LF a Smn for morning static 7/8. o7s kill pref, will take enrage exp.

Player
    Character
    Holy Terror
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70
    I don't know, i have seen that, i was digging around to try to find out what the ins and out of it was all about, i was about.. just had a discord name on there. the next step i guess would be to be able to report pf adverts as RMT Activity. One easy thing would be just to limit the use of PF creation to non trial account.

name removed

(0)

Player
    Character
    Azael Moon
    World
    Halicarnassus
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    They aren't trial accounts, they're jump potion'd accounts. most of them are 60, the problem is I don't know how we report them for RMT, If I report them how do I prove they're selling for money as well as gil. Content selling for gil seems to be fine as far as I know.
    (0)
    LF a Smn for morning static 7/8. o7s kill pref, will take enrage exp.

Player
    Character
    Holy Terror
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70
    it is extremely difficult to transfer money cross world. in most cases it would push the recipient to be on the same world to transfer money and if not, engage in RMT to get the funds in gil to pay their fees. the guy that i hit up to see how it worked posted me his price sheet, (seen above) and it included prices in both gil and $$. that would be enough for me to report him for RMT advertisement.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Holy Terror
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70
    I would be depressing to know how much money the gil sellers made this week in light of the new real estate available. Out of fear that people might be swayed to utilize the services that i detest, I gave away 12m to those who wanted to stake out desirable plots. I wish that we could start a mutual fund to turn people away from RMT, and run a lottery of some kind to hand out money to those in need. Unfortunately since there are scumbags that choose to engage in RMT would also be the same people that would abuse our system, so that is an ethical dilemma that i must also face. Who is worthy of entering the lottery? Who would be deemed to be someone who should be forbidden to participate, who who gets to decided that. If we had more integrity in the community, we wouldn't even need to discuss this to any degree.
    (0)