Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Q30: Would it be possible to play old FF games from the toy box?

A30: Systematically it may not be impossible; however, there are rights related matters, so I cannot promise anything, but will look into this.

Personally, I would like to do something for game titles such as Return to Ivalice, which are hard to play on current systems.
    (19)
    Matt "Bayohne" Hilton - Community Team

Q31: In the past you mentioned that when you made the music for Costa Del Sol, you put some breath mints inside an empty cup noodle container and shook that to make the sound. I would like to know if there were any other unique stories similar to this one!

A31: From 4.0, there have been lots of tribal-like instruments, and there’s an NPC in Azim Steppe that is playing the matouqin. For this sound I used an old Japanese stringed instrument called kokyu and tweaked the sound a bit.
    (13)

Q32: I would like to know the lyrics for the Jade Stoa.

A32: Soken, Koji Fox, and Shirasugi worked together to make the song.
    *We shared the lyrics on the stream.

The Japanese lyrics were written by the Lore team, Oda for the Japanese lyrics, and Koji wrote the English lyrics.
    (4)

Q33: I really liked the arranged versions of the FFVI songs featured in Omega: Sigmascape. Could you please let us know what kind of difficulties you had, or anything you were particular about?

A33: This was much more difficult than making a new song. We had to look into the time it took for the battle to see how long the song should be arranged for.

We made sure to make the songs true to their original versions, while arranging it to match the current generation.
    (6)

Q34: I like the song which plays in the Ananta beast tribe quest. What did you have in mind when creating this song?

A34: Soken: My colleague made it... so I don’t know. Please ask her! (laughs)
    (11)

Q35: The steam whistle sound used by the Phantom Train from Sigmascape V1.0, is that the real sound?

A35: Many of the sounds in FFXIV are recorded by a company that records sounds from real life. The whistle sound is the actual sound, and we combined several whistles together for the effect.
    (10)

Q36: When are you planning to release the Stormblood soundtrack? I’m looking forward to it!

A36: I believe we can make it by sometime this summer. But there’s so much it won’t fit on a disc already... We’re trying hard to make it fit in one disc.
    (6)

Q37: I would like to play 4.0 songs with a piano. Do you have plans to release the piano score?

A37: So far we’ve released two piano scores for FFXIV, but they’re sold out and hard to get. The demand for them have increased since we introduced the Performance feature, so we decided to restock on them.

The music sheets are made so it’s easy for those who are beginners or intermediate, so I believe it should be easy to use with the Performance feature.
    (10)

Q38: I like the Metal song from Alexander. Do you have plans to add hard rock songs similar to this one in future trials and raids?

A38: That’s really dependent on the type of content that will be released in-game.
    (6)

Q39: (Question for Soken) What are your musical roots? Who is your favorite musician?

A39: I’m not sure about the roots, but both my parents were creating music, so it’s probably from there. As for my favorite musician, I like Rage Against the Machine and Cymbals. I love rock music and I love classical music as well.
    (9)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast