Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Nephthys Yamada
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80

[Adamantoise] The Grey Mages - New FC - Welcoming new players/Seeking vets :)

We just started a new FC on Adamantoise and are looking for members to help get things going.

Who We Are - Me and Noel (Our Fearless Leader) are a pair of Mentors who are rather bitter over the current Mentor Community and endgame players who really have no clue what they are doing...or at least they think they do but tend to do things rather poorly. So Noel decided to start a group centered on helping new players and others learn the content and game properly - with an emphasis on common sense/fun/and good sportsmanship - with some shenanigans along the way of course.

I came along to help do the heavy lifting and get things going as someone who is like minded as well.

Our Goal - To foster growth and experience with new and old players of like mindedness - to provide a resource where they need only call on their own FC mates to get things done and not have to be at the mercy of random encounters. Hopefully making new friends along the way and lasting memories. We intend to help as much as we can and hopefully we too get help for our end game needs as well. Be a place of fun and comfort - not one of stress or peer pressure. Clean environment - no-nonsense etc/no trash talking.

Expectations of New Members - To be able and willing to participate - ask for help when needed - have fun! We don't expect everyone to drop everything and just help the FC out - we'd like to think we are more of a school than anything really. To be respectful of others and to leave the salt behind. We don't bash the game or the content. We adapt. We grow. We conquer.

Long Term Goals - To help members achieve goals that are VERY hard to get without help - housing/rare materials/glamours/etc. Course all of this requires a "merit earned" type of situation where we feel you've earned that. You only get as much as you put in!

Short Term Goals - Airship/Sub construction / Funds for a larger house in the future. / Crafters to help with relic weapons / other fun things.

What you can expect - No nonsense assistance from true mentors who actually care about the game and the experience - Mentors who aren't afraid to say "we don't know" - And will not say "google it" because honestly mentors are supposed to teach and lead by example. We will research/look into things as needed and try to figure it out. There's always something new to find! You won't find us obsessed over "perfectionism" - but we will try to teach good teamwork and good practices to boost your confidence and competence in common tasks. To teach proper party handling and not "Assumptions" that are made frequently every day. No ones perfect - but we will always do our best.

We have a discord server already up - and plan to get things polished up as we continue to grow. We welcome new and old players - all we ask is you actively communicate/participate when you are able to do so. The more you participate/give the more you get back.

Those interested or have questions - feel free to ping me on discord -
    kage goomba#5157 (If I don't respond - please allow me to get back to you as i may be asleep or at work if not in-game)

*status : We got our airship launched! And starting to get a good omnicrafter presence in the FC. Still growing still moving forward!*

Message to Vets/End Game Players:
    So this is a message to the vet's as new sprouts won't quite understand this...yet.

Eureka launched this week - and there's been a massive amount of nay saying/reddit posts/and all flavors of foolishness/saltiness of an obscene level.

Let me be clear - this FC is Excited for Eureka. We see this as the perfect team building environment to en-devour to conqueror challenges and master content that literally takes the routine "easy to farm" life on its head and make you work hard for content.

I Myself along with Noel have already tried this content out and we are excited for its potential.

Regardless of the rewards and whatever issues people like to conjure up - this is the definition of Final Fantasy - The Grind - The Adventure - The Unknown - but with a team aspect and a challenge that requires you to think tactically...not to go in solo...but with a team you can count on.

And while our FC's population is very sprout heavy - we (Noel and Myself) look forward to introducing them to this content without salt - without bitterness - without the foolishness that people continue to drum up because content isn't handed to them on a silver platter...let alone gold. Content recycled or not - its still fun and enjoyable - simply because its different from the repetitive farming and rewards that are relatively easy to get.

My point is not to start a debate but to tell you here and now - if your here to have fun - to enjoy the game for what it is - then sign on with us. You won't find us bitterly complaining at content because "SE decided to do something different"

We are here to have fun and to enjoy the content. May not be perfect - but we will be here waiting for anyone who wants friends to enjoy it with.

That said - carry on and good luck on your FC hunting endeavors.
    (0)
    Last edited by NephthysVasudan; 04-01-2018 at 01:24 AM.

Player
    Character
    Leonardo Alexandra
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 33
    Thanks for letting me into the Company, definitely looking forward to not having to figure everything out as I go.
    (0)

Character
    Nephthys Yamada
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    Welcome aboard Leo/Seto - Wel ook forward to working together.
    (0)

Character
    Nephthys Yamada
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    We've hit Rank 8. Still accepting new sprouts/veteran players/returners.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sharona Beeeee
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    what are your goals for the game? are you looking to raid?
    im still pretty new to the game & tbh, its quite hard to find an fc that doesnt already have their full quota of healers.
    i have noticed youre one, btw
    (0)

Character
    Nephthys Yamada
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by imjustahealer View Post
    what are your goals for the game? are you looking to raid?
    im still pretty new to the game & tbh, its quite hard to find an fc that doesnt already have their full quota of healers.
    i have noticed youre one, btw
    We pretty much do everything for the most part. I'd say our focus is more on building up our new FC and helping sprouts get their goals accomplished - at some point i'm sure End game content will become a more consistent focus once we get enough regulars around to form our own groups. Most of our membership are still entering HW at the moment.

Gotta Start somewhere. As for what we need in terms of roles? Everyone and anyone - With a game that lets you pick any job you want - you can be a healer...and a tank..and a DPS at will. "Main Job" is a misnomer contrary to popular opinion - its more of a "am I in the mood to heal or to kill?"

Def can use some high end crafters (50+) and experienced players are always welcome - especially ones who are not polluted with the common bad habits seen these days - we want emphasis to be the fun and enjoyment of the game - and less pressure on performance. I find enjoying the game and leaving the salt behind allows better satisfying performance in the end. Morale is everything. Players are more open to teaching when they are having fun and less when being beaten over the head with a baseball bat for not "doing ____" more often.

I spend most of my days generally tanking and DPS'ing for sprouts than I do healing hehehe.

Feel free to hit me up on Discord if your interested in signing on/transferring to Adamantoise.
    (0)
    Last edited by NephthysVasudan; 02-17-2018 at 04:56 PM.

Player
    Character
    Maythorn Rose
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 80
    [redacted]
    (0)
    Last edited by Maighdlin; 04-07-2018 at 06:56 PM.

Character
    Nephthys Yamada
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    We look forward to working with you both.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Eeshen Skincarver
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 70
    Do you guys do anything as a whole....eg: scheduled runs for mounts, PvP, map days, etc...?
    I’m in a FC now and although they are nice people we do nothing together at all.
    I’ve only played the game for four months and already starting to find myself bored.
    (0)

Character
    Nephthys Yamada
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Eeshen View Post
    Do you guys do anything as a whole....eg: scheduled runs for mounts, PvP, map days, etc...?
    I’m in a FC now and although they are nice people we do nothing together at all.
    I’ve only played the game for four months and already starting to find myself bored.
    We plan to do events and try to get regular things going...but it depends entirely on a receptive membership.
    We plan to enforce some semblance of a participation requirement in terms of communication and activity if anyone wants to get anywhere in our FC (in terms of ranking up and getting goodies)...we don't want members just sitting there doing their own thing without regard to the membership. After-all the whole point of an FC is to do team content...to work together.

My only concern is your not on Adamantoise - aside from that...you're welcome to try us out.
    We are just starting up - so I can't promise full time regular events at first - but we are encouraging working together whenever/however possible.
    (0)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast