Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Player
    Character
    Sida Bajihri
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    All characters, even house owning ones, can have apartments, since apartments are instanced their amount is virtually unlimited. (It is limited, I know, but the limits are rather high and I'm not aware of any apartment building running out of rooms yet across all wards). As for fragile servers, the tenant amount is strictly tied to how much data needs to be saved along the house. However the server already knows which characters belong to which accounts, so no new data needs to be saved. The tenant solution was created to allow sharing house with close friend(s) so the limited amount is small in regards that any larger group of friends can be considered to get FC. Sharing your house with your alts shouldn't stress the servers any more than they already are since you can't be online on more of those than one at any given time anyway.
    (0)
    If you say 'pls' because it's shorter than 'please', I say 'no' because it's shorter than 'yes'.

Player
    Character
    Zyneste Azurox
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    The glitch is still working even on ps4s. Its made allot of my friends really happy to share their house with their alts.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Yui Savage
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Fhaerron View Post
    No, because server limitations.

There is however a new glitch on which you can add an alt to your friend list to send mail and thus also your house.
    You need 2 PC's for this, it involves logging into client on the other PC while on the old login you travel and have loading screen.

At least there are some glitches that you can use to bypass the 'server limitation'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyneste View Post
    The glitch is still working even on ps4s. Its made allot of my friends really happy to share their house with their alts.
    I tried to make this work last night (with 2 PCs). Tried a few times. Couldn't do it.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Darrc Feilyon
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    You don't need two PCs. It's easier with a controller (select the option to keep the controller enabled even when XIV isn't the primary window), but:

Start in, say, a housing ward. Begin teleporting to Foundation.
    The moment your teleport animation begins (the purple glow, not the actual portal/disappearance), kill the XIV process using Task Manager.
    Log in on an alt, using the same computer, and Player Search should have what you need.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Sigma Alpheratz
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Would this result in a violation of the ToS?...

I really want to add my alts as friends but will refrain from doing so if it endangers my Service Account, it could be considered as cheating!...

Not that it matters to the ones that have done it already and are enjoying the benefits that come with it, like sharing a house partially!...

I would like to hear SE's position about this "glitch" and I would certainly like an official method to add alts to the friends list and furthermore allow them to automatically share the house without taking a tenant slot!...

"Tenants" are not the same as "co-owners" as they would depend on permissions and I don't really want to give my other tenants full control of my house, alts however can be considered as "family" and should have unrestricted access to the house!...
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Setsuna Tribal
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by SigmaOZ View Post
    Would this result in a violation of the ToS?
    As it is technically a bug and exploit, it is against the ToS. If they will act upon people doing so is yet to be seen, but they did not last time when people added alts from dungeons.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Desera Wardbing
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 51
    I'd like to add my voice to the request to be able share housing with all our characters on the same account and same world. I would also like to be able to send mail to myself vs having to get a second person involved. I really don't want to use an exploit to friend myself but every time restrictions like the one currently going on makes me seriously consider using them. If I could share housing with and send email to my alts most if not all of my issues with FFXIV would go away.

My main character already belongs to a FC, which I don't want to leave and I don't want my alts in a FC.
    (1)

8. 02-18-2018 06:54 AM

Player
    Character
    Aethen Raiknight
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Was wondering if there was any update on this. I read somewhere that it was discussed in one of the live letters, but can't find any specific information. So is there a plan to let our alts either get a house or share the house with the main (co-owners or whatever)?
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Jojoya Joya
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Aethen View Post
    Was wondering if there was any update on this. I read somewhere that it was discussed in one of the live letters, but can't find any specific information. So is there a plan to let our alts either get a house or share the house with the main (co-owners or whatever)?
    All we know is that they said in 2018 it was one of the housing issues they were looking into and hoped to address. There has been nothing mentioned since.
    (0)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5