Player
    Character
    Lauralanthlas Kyiardi
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 70

REQ: Macro to swap HUD layouts/UI size and bait-from-chocobo usage

I currently have two macro / one UI wishlist items that I don't know where else to put the feedback on, so I'm gonna leave it here.

I would really like the ability to have a macro HUD layout selection command (i.e. "/hudlayout 2"), so I can create a macro to swap layouts without having to go into the HUD layout area. This would help me reorder my screen for best use with tanking, healing, DPS,and crafting along with my gear set swap.

I would also like a command to be able to set the overall UI zoom (i.e. "/uizoom 150" for 150%), because I often play on my steam link and need to resize the UI to be able to read it (my gaming PC has a large 34" UWQHD monitor whereas my steamlink is hooked to a small 22" FHD monitor) which involves having to go in and change the setting manually every time I swap it. Putting this in a macro tied to a toolbar button would be awesome.

Finally, the ability to have the fishing job see the bait on my chocobo saddlebags. I realize that in lieu of the tacklebox we always wanted, we have the companion storage. That's fine, but having to swap bait back and forth feels a lot less seamless, and I don't think you can fish anywhere the saddlebags aren't accessible.... so having the bait window see all the bait there automatically would certainly be a welcome change.

Thanks for reading, if you did.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Cyrillo Rongway
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    /hudlayout already does what you're asking.

/uiscale exists.

Chocobo saddlebags aren't meant to do anything but storage, as they are basically just a way of increasing inventory space without having to deal with some of the technical issues that come with adding real inventory, so they prolly wouldn't add the third request. Surely there are items other than bait that could be moved to the saddlebags instead so that baits are all in real inventory?

Type the following in game to find out more about the commands:
    /? hudlayout
    /? uiscale
    (2)
    Error 3102 Club, Order of the 52nd Hour

Player
    Character
    Lauralanthlas Kyiardi
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Rongway View Post
    /hudlayout already does what you're asking.

/uiscale exists.

Chocobo saddlebags aren't meant to do anything but storage, as they are basically just a way of increasing inventory space without having to deal with some of the technical issues that come with adding real inventory, so they prolly wouldn't add the third request. Surely there are items other than bait that could be moved to the saddlebags instead so that baits are all in real inventory?

Type the following in game to find out more about the commands:
    /? hudlayout
    /? uiscale
    Interesting, I must have completely missed this when I went through all the commands. I'll take a second look, and forgive my apparent ignorance.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Cyrillo Rongway
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Np, there are a lot of commands and sometimes you just won't know that a command exists unless someone else knows about it and tells you. Something I like to do though, if I'm unsure of if a command exists is to check the autotranslator. For example, I didn't remember the uiscale command but I thought if it existed it must start with ui, so I typed /ui[tab] and one of the matches was /uiscale.

And then once you know a command exists, you can use the ? command to check if it does what you want it to do.
    (0)
    Error 3102 Club, Order of the 52nd Hour

Player
    Character
    Lauralanthlas Kyiardi
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 70
    So I finally got around to testing this out, and I noticed something.

The /uiscale command sets every UI element's individual magnification to the value selected (60/80/90/100/110/120/140). This is different than the "System Configuration" -> "Display Settings" -> High Resolution UI Settings" setting that lets you set an overall "magnification" to either 100%, 150%, or 200%. This system setting keeps each elements' individual magnification intact.

Since I have all my UI elements customized to certain scaling values, that would effectively cause them all to reset... so I'm still looking for a macro setting that could affect the "High Resolution UI Setting" to allow me to play through a different sized/resolution monitor on my Steam Link without resetting all my UI HUD stuff. Also, if I tried to macro the sizing for every HUD element I'd have to write 3 or 4 macros due to the command limit per macro.

Of course being a software engineer I could write a program that would do the process of going into the config and selecting the option and hitting OK.... but as we all know that's a big no-no for the game TOS, and I don't want to earn a ban (however unlikely) over something that silly.

Are the system config settings stored somewhere human readable? Maybe I could write a batch file that adjusts the config before I launch the game.....
    (0)
    Last edited by szalkerous; 03-03-2018 at 05:21 AM.