Player
    Character
    Fox Briarthorn
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by crc0427 View Post
    I disagree I feel like if you're FC isn't providing for members who are actively helping out, something is wrong
    Even trying to provide for members can be difficult and that difficulty ramps up the busier the fc is and the more members it has. Fighting with requests, the huge time the trips can take, as well as the random nature of loot on top of that - it can potentially take weeks just to fulfill one small request if you've got bad luck. All the while more requests pile on and people start getting aggrivated that you're showing favoritism to person A whom you're just trying to get one item for before moving down a list. Even if it requires being in an fc to use, I would love to let people have access to their own airship/sub. In fact why not make them character locked so buying extra houses doesn't net you additional submarines/airships?
    (5)
    Last edited by Dustytome; 02-19-2018 at 03:04 PM.

2. 02-19-2018 04:42 PM

Player
    Character
    Fiona Silverstorm
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    I would also vote for this. If you are in a big FC and not one of the first or founding members there is usualy no way for newcomers to get access to these features even if your FC have maxed them out. This stuff is usualy managed by a very few members of veteran or higher ranks. The mayority of a guild is usualy not allowed to use these ships or submarines. So if you want to play around with this kind of stuff you need to make a small fake FC or hope that SE will someday allow Individual house owners to use this feature to (witch most likely will never happen).

A good solution would be also to add a workshop to each appartment building witch can be entered through the first floor (where the npcs are), than could every player who owns an appartment in the buidling enter his ship and sub through a menu thats similiar to the one u use for entering your appartment.
    (6)
    Last edited by Missbone; 02-20-2018 at 12:10 AM.

Player
    Character
    Y'sira Kurai
    World
    Halicarnassus
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by crc0427 View Post
    I disagree. FC Airships and Subs should be for FC's only. If you want to use one ask your FC for permission or make your own FC.
    Why does that have to be the case? I don't see that most members benefit from airships in a FC. The leadership does and a few select people. Airships bring back tons of mats which are rarely shared with the membership. The membership for the most part has no clue given most mats are stored on retainers owned by the leadership.

I see no harm whatsoever other than the loss of the rarity of some exclusive mats and the gil associated with them given a lot more people would have access to them.

Open it up as many have suggested here with private housing or some public venue where all can participate.
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Inglis Eucus
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    Yes please and maybe add private rooms to private housing so can let friends have a room at your place.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Jordan O'niell
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by LaylaTsarra View Post
    I don't see that most members benefit from airships in a FC. The leadership does and a few select people.
    Outside of the leadership and those select few, did the other members actually contribute to the creation of those airships / submarines?
    This is usually a no, they did not contribute.
    Have they donated Gil or housing items for decoration? Likely not.

If you are a member that does contribute, those contributions are usually noticed and rewarded from the fruits of the FC exclusive items.
    I remember when I was a low member on the ranks of a very large FC (300+ people). I donated Gil, Chocobo food, seeds, fed chocobos in the stables, and materia to the FC. Within a short period of time, I was promoted from that low rank to a near leadership rank with many privileges. You earn the rewards by your contributions.

There is the problem of RNG from airship rewards, e.g. my FCs airships have not returned a single Cloud's breath seed in the last 2 1/2 months and all of them hit 3 sectors which can return it every run.
    There is also the problem of education, in our FC page 1 of the chest is open to exchange for all but the two lowest ranks. We keep materia / orchestration role mats / chocobo food / stable brooms in there. And you know what, only same 5 people in the leadership ever remove anything from that page.

OP, I disagree, FC housing was suppose to be a social activity with rewards for working together as a group. It is bad enough that personal plots have gardening. They should not have that either IMO.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Azuko Kouen
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 81
    FCs are really recommended for small groups of people like at most 10 to 12, otherwise it's just not profitable a venture for the members. FCs aren't meant to be social groups only. That's what link shells are for. I'm surprised people aren't advertising link shells more as a platform to network with other players. Too many players can't access workshop because they're not in the inner circle of their FCs, and that is nobody's fault. You can't just trust your house/workshop to someone you barely know, else horror stories. That's why you start your own FCs with your trusted circle of friends. Even if there's just the 3 or 4 of you, that just means more mats for everyone.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Y'sira Kurai
    World
    Halicarnassus
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by ChameleonMS View Post
    Outside of the leadership and those select few, did the other members actually contribute to the creation of those airships / submarines?
    Thank you for confirming that the leadership and a select few benefit from the rewards from airships and submarines. Sounds like gardening is also one of those special perks for your inside group to benefit from as well. You see that's exactly the point, airships, submarines and gardening should be for everyone not just a small little inner circle who control everything.
    (4)
    Last edited by LaylaTsarra; 02-21-2018 at 06:02 AM.

Player
    Character
    Mandar Magoo
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 80
    I can't help but agree. My sis and I started our own FC solely for access to the workshop and airships lol. And it's not that our old FC didn't help members, or give access to airship mats, it's just we're big into gathering and it seemed like a fun project to get into once our crafters got high enough. It was something else to work on when we got burnt out on dungeons and raids.

It's true though, if/when they make it available to individuals, airship items will be even more worthless. So anyone wanting it for a gil machine, this is the very last thing you should want to happen lol.
    (1)
    Last edited by SeriousxSarcasm; 02-21-2018 at 06:08 AM. Reason: typo

Player
    Character
    Theophorus Trinitas
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 70
    It is my view that many "shell" or solo FCs are created for the sole purpose of gaining access to the airship/sub feature and people shouldn't be forced to separate from FCs they like simply to gain access to these features of housing. As stated in my opening, I wouldn't desire personals to have 4 of each, just 1 or 2 of each would be great and I believe that if individuals had access to this, you would not see as many solo FCs running around if ppl had the option of having personal airship/subs. I'm in an FC that sends out airships and subs all the time and all that benefits the FC, I just want something for myself to build and send out.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Phoenix Down
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    I think it would be great to allow individuals access to this; I know so many people who make 1 or 2 man FCs (with alts) just so they can have access to this. And I can't even fault them for it! If you aren't the FC leader or their best friend, you might put effort into the project as asked but it's laughable if you think they're going to share the spoils with you. If FC leaders shared the spoils with everyone who helped (assuming everyone or many help), then it would cease to be profitable for them so they generally won't. Sad but true from my experience. :/
    (2)

「Life is such a fragile thing…」

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast