Player
    Character
    Pastahnak Popotonak
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 80

4.2 housing my experience

So I wanted to relocate my private estate to get a small on the mist beach (19-21), I had my alarm ready for 5am est and Gil in hand ready to Sprint to the house I wanted. Obviously I woke up at 7am est and thought I was far too late but I figured it wouldn't hurt to log on and try. To my surprise very little houses were taken up in mist in any of the plots so I grabbed plot 19 ward 18 with ease. There was probably 2 other private houses and 3 large/medium FC estates taken.

I'm on famfrit so it's lower pop then most, but I want to know other people's experience with 4.2 houses because it seemed way to good to be true for this to happen across all servers.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Mirchea Luslec
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70
    Odin here, we bought half ward. I saw a guild on ragnarok getting a whole ward for workshop mass production.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Pastahnak Popotonak
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirch View Post
    Odin here, we bought half ward. I saw a guild on ragnarok getting a whole ward for workshop mass production.
    Oh boy, that's a bit of an oversight. Guess that's what happens when you tell people exactly how the new system will work weeks in advance.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Maeve D'lyn
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90
    On sarg the only houses that really got bought were mansions and mediums. I, of course, couldn't get a shirogane, so I went to goblet and not a single house was taken. I took the first one in the ward. I just logged back in and the 3 mansions in our ward are taken, the rest are sitting empty. Looking at the new wards added it seems the only real houses that were taken in goblet were mansions. Shiro is still sitting with most smalls still open and beds and mist still have mediums and smalls in abundance too.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Autumn Stardust
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    I was able to relocate my FC from a medium in Shirogane to a large in lavender beds with no competition. I saw one person in the ward when I got there and she immediately hopped in the water to get to plot 11. I was also able to help another FC pick up our old spot in Shirogane.

All in all, a much better experience than The Great Housing Rush of 4.1. There are lots of empty houses on Midgardsormr, I hope to pick up a small personal if/when they lift the restriction.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Bamboo Panda
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 76
    Behemoth here

My FC leader was 82 in queue and had her pick of shirogane plots to relocate our FC.

I was 322 in queue, logged in to an entirely empty mist ward.

I had some mishap with external furniture limit, teleported back to my house, cleaned lawn, and still had time to grab a large.

Even my FC leader got a goblet large 30 minutes after patch went live.

I just logged on 30 minutes ago and the new mist wards are practically empty except for the large plots.
    (3)
    Big panda is an awesome bear!

Player
    Character
    Cylla Lightfall
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    Balmung here
    Still shocked and 3rd time fighting the system to get a large house, finally was able to relocate from my small in Goblet to a large in Lavender Beds.
    When I first ran to the large plot I wanted, saw someone standing at the sign so I made a run for the medium just above it and bought the plot.
    Turns out about 3 mins later the large house was still open and nobody standing at it. Made a quick run down and of course I was on a timer for being able to relocate again.
    Longest 3 mins of my life but shocking enough, nobody showed up to try and take it away.

I'm just glad it over with now and got a large. It not in shiro, but I had a feeling everyone would be going for there so I went with the next best option which was LB.

Now it'll take me months to get it all decorated.. not to mention, my funds are a whole 6.2mil now ;-; worth it though.

All in all, good experience here. No server bottle necking, 90k, nothing. Was smooth and clean. Just wish that person hadn't been standing at the sign when I ported in. Didn't want to be a jerk and steal it out from under them but maybe I should have since they didn't buy it for whatever reason. Would've saved me gil
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Seyjan Astalder
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 70
    Also Behemoth.

My FC got our first house ever purchased despite a login error and a login queue for the people that were doing the land rush to grab a plot. We were expecting a race based on horror stories of the last housing releases, but it was pretty painless. Had we been able to raise the money in time, we likely could have grabbed a large or medium with little trouble. The ward was still mostly empty when I finally went to bed.

Had we known it would be this easy this time around, we may have tried to get a small in Shirogane instead of Mist, but our beachfront cottage is perfect so we are happy. \o/
    (1)
    Last edited by Seyjan; 02-07-2018 at 03:18 AM.

Player
    Character
    Gen Quickpaw
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 70
    had pretty much the same experience, Minus the buying a med, someone was standing by a large.. but didn't buy it, I even asked if something was wrong and.. after a few minutes of no reply, .. i decided to just buy it. I do figure it might have been a scout for an fc.. but.. what can one do. So we went from a medium in Goblet to a large in Lavender, All in all, I'm pleased with how this all went down. Though I just hope square wont rest just because it's temporarily better, but that they work to improve the system itself, and increase the amount of housing available.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Bucky Trespen
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 90
    I was 77 in queue and went to my desired plot 16/16 in Shiro and someone beat me to it by 5 seconds. I went to 16/30 and someone beat me to that. I then ported to Kugane, then shot for 18/16 and snagged it as first ward purchase.

All in all - a FAR better experience than last time. I fully expect that were wards to be added in bulk like this then housing will become far less of a luxury and more accessible.

Even now, in ward 18 there are plenty of smalls just waiting to be bought.

Good luck, everyone!
    (2)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast