Player
    Character
    Squintina Nightgard
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Gokki View Post
    I'l look into that and see if i can work around the default inadequecies of the UI. And yeah, i don't use crosshotbar. I tried using a controller but it very quickly became too limiting and slow. I also don't want more than two bars on the bottom of my screen because the UI is already taking up a lot of space on my screen. Adding a third bar is out of the question. If i can't play it like that then i'll play another class. :S
    It's slow at first while you get used to it. I played on a mmo mouse for years, and at first controller was weird (but I really wanted to sit back lol so I persevered).
    Now I can't imagine playing scholar without it (in pve. In pvp, I switch back to mouse/kb when I'm playing seriously). I use 48 slots (even more than you lol) and it's SO easy to access them all via a controller setup like the one I have, and it's so easy to dodge things thanks to the analog.

I think you should reconsider it

But even if you don't...
    You could probably make a 2-hotbar set up if you just don't have some of the less used skills (like dissipation or Sustain) at all, and you use the summon macro to swap out all pet skills.

Another way to come around it is to have hidden hotbars, and then reserve 2 of your main hotbar slots to copy them.

Example

Hotbar 1 - whatever skills you want, except #11 and #12 are going to be macros. This should be mapped to your mmo mouse buttons directly.
    Hotbar 2 - don't bother putting anything there, this will be visible to you but will be overwritten. This should be mapped to something like Ctrl+button or Alt+button.

HIDDEN hotbars (show only while you are editing them). Because these are hidden, buttons do not need to be mapped to them.
    Hotbar 3 - put skills here
    Hotbar 4 - put skills here

Make 2 macros (which I will call A and B)
    Macro A copies Hotbar 3 to Hotbar 2
    Macro B copies Hotbar 4 to Hotbar 2
    Put macro A on Hotbar 1 slot #11
    Put macro B on Hotbar 2 slot #12

Ta-dah, now you have 2 macros to switch hotbar 2 into 2 completely different hotbars at will!

What I'd do in that case:
    Hotbar 1 = Common healing spells + Big cooldowns (you want to see your cooldowns) + switch macros
    Hotbar 3 (hidden) = Attacking skills + Pet skill switch off + healing skills that didn't make it to hotbar 1
    Hotbar 4 (hidden) = Summon skills + Pet management skills (because both of those would be lesser used) + whatever else didn't make it to hotbar 1 & 3

So while you might need to use multiple hotbars, by using copy you can make it so only 2 are visible and button-mapped at once.
    (1)
    Last edited by Squintina; 02-07-2018 at 04:06 AM.

Player
    Character
    Valora Stoutheart
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 61
    I think the only healer that can really get away with only two hotbars without losing important abilities is white mage. If low buttons are a priority, they are the best healer. Regardless of job, you will want at least one more “global” hotbar for all the non-job-specific actions like protect macro, food pile, sprint, mounts, potions, limit break, and so forth.

Four hotbars, two on each side at the bottom is really the minimum I would consider. Three being job-specific and one global.

If you move the hot bars so they are really close together, the footprint is quite small (I don’t like the default positions in the center of the screen; that can impair the visuals). UI scaling can also be tweaked to make them appear smaller so they fit. A small hotbar is better than no hotbar.

I only keybind abilities I use all the time or need instantly in an emergency. Raise, sacred soil, fairy skills, deployment/emergency tactics, and some cross role cooldowns are less time sensative and can just be clicked when they are needed. Probably will know it will be needed at least a couple seconds ahead of time so quick reaction is not needed. For example emergency tactics succor is always used after a normal succor, so you will have time to prepare that with your mouse while succor is casting.
    (1)
    Last edited by Braven; 02-07-2018 at 04:55 AM.

Player
    Character
    Estarossa Oceanborn
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    stop trying to make sch easier or op please. I use 2 hotbars for all of my skills. Which means 36 skills and you don't need embraces on your hotbar tbh. Sch is complicated and different comparing whm and ast. Saying it should be merged etc would lose job's identity. I have absolutely no trouble, on the contrary i can't heal as whm, when compared to sch. Just play the job, get better and you will see job works just fine.
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Cecelia Stormfeather
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Gokki View Post
    I suggets a few QoL improvements that can also be applies to other jobs:
    • Whispering Dawn and Silent Dusk should be merged into the same spell, and show one or the other depending which pet is active.
    • Fey Covenant and Fey Caress should be merged into the same spell as above.
    • Fey Illumination and Fey Wind should be merged into the same spell as above.
    • Embrace should work for either pet. This makes it really clunky to be using two buttons to do the exact same thing.
    I like all these. Warrior has something like that now, and it helps with button bloat without really changing how things work (since you can't use both of those abilities at the same time anyway).

Not so much on stuff like energy drain and bane. They're meant to do different things, and merging them together would be an effective buff that SMN would also get.

That said, some of these issues could be mitigated if macros worked well. Unfortunately macros are bad - there's a huge delay between spells, spells don't even cast very often (especially proc'ed spells like RDM's Impact). Macros simply don't work. If the macro system is fixed then i'll happily use macros, to which i have a few suggestions to fix:
    I don't think they want to fix that. Macros shouldn't be overly advanced. It'd be nice if they worked with skill queueing given how messy things are that way right now, but I don't tend to think enabling conditionals and such is a great idea.
    (0)
    Survivor of Housing Savage 2018.
    Discord: Tridus#2642

Player
    Character
    Vyriah Altaisen
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 70
    It would change nothing to how the class is played. A stance system is even closer to how the SCH as always been played, and it's better than just "having a lot of keybind".
    Being convoluted to play isn't a job identity.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Gokki Di
    World
    Twintania
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    I still have no solutions. I simply avoid playing Scholar as i still have my WHM anyway. If macros worked better (no delays, no queueing, have conditions) it might've worked.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Juke Fm
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 73
    please tell me what troubles are you talking about because right now I see White mage and Astro having the most problems
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Vyriah Altaisen
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 70
    WHM is completly fine though, it's the most comfortable healer to play. AST is a little clunky with it's heavy OGCD for only one instant but it's somehow fine unless you really want high personnal performance with it. If they have problem, it's about healer in general more than those two classes in specific. And simply having instant cast stone/Malefic/Broil would solve those without affecting healer balance that much. It would make the delay between DPS spell and healing spell higher while favoring more fluid gameplay overall.

SCH on the other hand have strong skills but they don't make sense at all. Miasma 2 is melee range because no one ever though about the fact that there was no point in making it melee range, that's just how it was. Dissipation gives healing buff, something you already have with bot largess and Eos and isn't that usefull anyway. SB deleted a lot of SCH most used tools to make up for keyboard bloating but then added even more spells to use. They lost one of their most central skill (cleric stance) and gained fairy gauge, the most convoluted gameplay mechanic this game as to offer for a really niche effect.
    Not any single line fo all this makes sense in any way. I'm not sure why on the earth there's still people to argue against this, especially seeing how SCH was tuned in reaction to this.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Claire Pendragon
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    While I cant justifiably agree to play SCH with its clunkiness, for similar reasons, one thing that can be done, is to set you pet bar to certain button presses, this way it doesnt matter which fairy you have out, you can press the same number of buttons for both pets.
    (0)
    CLAIRE PENDRAGON

Player
    Character
    Asuran Zala
    World
    Atomos
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70
    All healers are pretty easy to play. Just too many buttons that has long cd and they are also situational spells in my own opinion.
    (0)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast