Player
    Character
    Super' Mario
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90

Black Mage Job Changes Wishlist for 4.25 or 4.3

Thank you Final Fantasy XIV staff for giving us the buff and tweaks to Black Mage for 4.2. But I feel the job could be improved or be perfect with these slight changes. Have Blizzard IV's potency go back to 280 again, but also make a change to Umbral Hearts. Instead of potency buff, Umbral Hearts will now also grant Direct Hit and chance of Critical Hits for 3 turns from all Fire Skills. Have Ley Lines recast time reduce to 60 seconds to line up with Triplecast. To me with these changes, I truly believe Black Mage will shine in all types of content. The only other thing I wish for is the MP regeneration from Blizzard 3 or Transpose to be slightly faster. Sometimes its fast and sometimes not so much. It could be lag, but I don't know for sure. I hope we still get some changes for Black Mage in a future patch. Please tell me what you think of my wishlist everyone. Is it good, bad or are you neutral on the subject.
    (2)
    Last edited by Super_Smiley; 02-06-2018 at 04:52 PM.

Player
    Character
    Sunako Kirishiki
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    It is not lag, it is server tick. Server tick happen every 3 second. Thats why you wanna save foul after transpose/blizzard 3 if possible, because foul have 0 mp cost.
    (7)
    Last edited by Sunako; 02-07-2018 at 07:49 AM.

Player
    Character
    Remedi Maxwell
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    The only real way to fix it is for them to move to a different energy regeneration system like the one in wow where MP/energy regen happens always instead of once every 3 secs
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Super' Mario
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Yes I tend to save Foul after Blizzard 3 or if I need to Transpose. I hope Final Fantasy XIV staff is able to change the MP regeneration for 5.0. I feel like this is something that won't change in a patch but only in a expansion. But I would love it if they change it for a future patch. To me the only easy work around would be to reduce the MP cost of Thunder Spells and Blizzard IV.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Mystogan Faust
    World
    Spriggan
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Super_Smiley View Post
    Yes I tend to save Foul after Blizzard 3 or if I need to Transpose. I hope Final Fantasy XIV staff is able to change the MP regeneration for 5.0. I feel like this is something that won't change in a patch but only in a expansion. But I would love it if they change it for a future patch. To me the only easy work around would be to reduce the MP cost of Thunder Spells and Blizzard IV.
    they did reduce the mp cost of blizzard IV at around patch 4.1 and I have been casting it last during Ice rotation without worrying about mana ticks problems anymore
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Harold Saxon
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by itti18 View Post
    they did reduce the mp cost of blizzard IV at around patch 4.1 and I have been casting it last during Ice rotation without worrying about mana ticks problems anymore
    That was in 4.05.

The problem with Blizzard IV is that in some cases it only gives you one extra F4 at a cost of a dud GCD so it can be optimal to skip it.

Honestly, they should just Blizzard IV's damage, rework umbral hearts and make spells cost 0 mana in Umbral Ice.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Super' Mario
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    I also feel maybe Scathe should be buff or somewhat changed for Black Mage. For example, it could be buffed to potency of 150 and double to 300 potency if it procs. But the MP cost of using it will be very high. This will make sure players know this isn't something that should be spammed in a practical rotation. This could help with Black Mage movement. Just an idea.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jace Ossura
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    1) Do not give us the Inner Release treatment.
    2) Any more movement related increases and we might as well just not have cast times.
    3) Scathe is a worthless piece of crap and beyond some absurdly dumb buff to it, it will never return to my bars.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Super' Mario
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Never return to your Bars you say? That's what I said about Tri-Bind haha So you never know lol
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Harold Saxon
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Super_Smiley View Post
    I also feel maybe Scathe should be buff or somewhat changed for Black Mage. For example, it could be buffed to potency of 150 and double to 300 potency if it procs. But the MP cost of using it will be very high. This will make sure players know this isn't something that should be spammed in a practical rotation. This could help with Black Mage movement. Just an idea.
    If anything, it should be made to cost 0 mana with no changes to its potency. Its an emergency spell meant to maintain uptime, not to be used often. Its low potency would ensure it - allowing good players to ignore it.
    (1)

Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast