Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Yunalesca Syl
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 80
    There was a remark in the live fan translation of the live letter that said there'd be a 1 hour delay but it's not been confirmed, verified, nor repeated. To me, i'd take it as a malicious rumor being spread. Expect the houses to be available as soon as servers come up. And yes, it will be horrible and no, they will never fix housing.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Rintha Elenah
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by ElazulHP View Post
    People who also already own a house can buy plots to relocate. So if someone owns a small and wants to upgrade to a medium or large they can try their luck.
    That won't have any effect on the total number of plots available, so that small plot would open up for an FC to purchase (or someone else to relocate to, if they prefer its location).
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Setsuna Tribal
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Nezerius View Post
    That won't have any effect on the total number of plots available, so that small plot would open up for an FC to purchase (or someone else to relocate to, if they prefer its location).
    According to the way they put it, FCs will have to wait as well to purchase a previously owned plot
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Shizuku Duskheart
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    My FC leader and I just want to move our FC house. This time we've lowered our expectations as to not be disappointed. We were very bummed out we couldn't move last time.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Olivia Jeannet
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    Am I the only one that thinks maybe the new plots may also have the random timer set on them, just like a demolished plot? So....full wards full of players camping empty plots! Sounds like fun, right?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Fox Briarthorn
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by OliviaJ View Post
    Am I the only one that thinks maybe the new plots may also have the random timer set on them, just like a demolished plot? So....full wards full of players camping empty plots! Sounds like fun, right?
    I was thinking about that too, but I would hope that wouldn't be as that would block any fcs that weren't lucky enough to get a plot since the last round from even a chance at a med/large plot. They really should have an icon change between the waiting period and when it's actually available as well as applying the timer to both purchase and relocation so someone's not waiting hours just to have someone casually walk up after they just noticed the available plot and move to it on a whim. Yes it opens up another plot, but it also creates a new timer.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Fluffy Pancake
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by OliviaJ View Post
    Iirc, those who are relocating aren't held to the same lockout timer from what I'd read. Buying and relocation are two different beasts so a timer wouldn't really do much except block out FCs who had wanted to purchase a plot (if they did not previously own one D: .)
    (3)

Act in such a way that you treat humanity, whether in your own person or in the person of another, always at the same time as an end and never simply as a means

Player
    Character
    Areku Foxfire
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    There is no winning, if there was a delay, you would just have 10 people around each house spam-clicking the placard until someone lucks out and gets it.

Not sure about you, but that's about 10 times worse in my opinion.
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Hashmael Lightswain
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    They learned a lesson by not adding housing at the same time as the rest of patch content. You'll have less of a struggle getting online and staying online to fight over housing, without everyone else fighting to get online and stay online for new MSQ or new dungeons or new raids or new crafting or new everything else.

They waited so there's less of a rush to be first; it's mostly just housing competition this time. And there's literally no way around that. There's no possible way to add new housing without any competition (short of instanced, which is not the direction this game is going with housing, so let's ignore that argument).
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Novia Marius
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by VanilleFang View Post
    Is it going to be as bad though, since only FCs can buy houses right now?
    I honestly don't expect it to be anywhere near as bad as shirogane's shitstorm was.

Balmung will still be messy, but with FCs limited to 1 per server per acc and personals locked out, RP alts aren't in the running. Even here theres going to be a lot less competition this time around.
    (0)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast