Player
    Character
    Robert Redensa
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 70

[Suggestion] Estimated Queue Times by Role Viewable in Duty Finder?

As someone who's happy to play any role, I wish there was a way to look at the estimated queue time for an activity by role without queueing up and waiting for the time to be shown in the Duty Finder status widget. I'm thinking this could be either a new button on the Duty details panel on the right-hand side of the Duty Finder or a Subcommand on the Duty itself in the list on the left-hand side.

In other words, say I want to run Rabanastre over my lunch break. I'd like to select it in the Duty Finder, then do something to show a small popup (similar to Price History when selling items) that would read like so:
    Estimated Queue Times
    Tank: 11 minutes
    Healer: Less than 5 minutes
    Melee DPS: 8 minutes
    Ranged Physical DPS: 5 minutes
    Ranged Magical DPS: 10 minutes
    Then I can decide if I want to wait an extra 5+ minutes to play RDM or if I don't really have time and should just go as WHM.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Akor Draconic
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 70
    All DPS queue times are the same. Or you want to divide them specific queue times? If the letter is the case, why do u even want to divide them even more? Queue up w/e class you like and thats it.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Sylvestre Solscribe
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Akor View Post
    All DPS queue times are the same. Or you want to divide them specific queue times? If the letter is the case, why do u even want to divide them even more? Queue up w/e class you like and thats it.
    My first guess would be that the poster thought the game would try to balance the dps thus making separated queues.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Sida Bajihri
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    I get the feeling that for the hard content queue, the game actually tries to optimise the group composition a bit to include divided set of dmg jobs, as long as there is reasonable supply of queuing players. For normal content though, it seems all dmg players are in the same pool.
    (0)
    If you say 'pls' because it's shorter than 'please', I say 'no' because it's shorter than 'yes'.

Player
    Character
    Cyrillo Rongway
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    The high end tab in DF (fka Raid Finder) when set to "Completion" takes one melee, one ranger, and one caster, and then fills the fourth slot with any job that isn't a duplicate job. I don't remember if it cares that much when doing just "Practice". Duties in the normal DF don't care ever.
    (0)
    Error 3102 Club, Order of the 52nd Hour

Player
    Character
    Robert Redensa
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Akor View Post
    I don't really care about splitting up the DPS queues, though it seems like it does optimize behind the scenes for some content. I just want to know if I should queue as tank, healer, or DPS for particular content, or if it's even worth trying to queue for it in the time I have to spend. If I'm pressed for time, I queue as whatever's quickest. If not, at least I can make an informed decision on what to queue as and what I can fill time doing while waiting for queue. If all roles say "More than 30m", then I know to not even both trying to do that right now.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Auriana Redsteele
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 82
    Quote Originally Posted by REDace0 View Post
    I don't really care about splitting up the DPS queues, though it seems like it does optimize behind the scenes for some content. I just want to know if I should queue as tank, healer, or DPS for particular content, or if it's even worth trying to queue for it in the time I have to spend. If I'm pressed for time, I queue as whatever's quickest. If not, at least I can make an informed decision on what to queue as and what I can fill time doing while waiting for queue. If all roles say "More than 30m", then I know to not even both trying to do that right now.
    If that's all then here is a simple rule of thumb: In 99% of cases tanks will have the shortest queue, followed by healers. DPS will almost always have the longest queue.

As an additional note, the calculated average queue time can be, and often is, wrong. This is more noticable during times of low overall activity.
    (0)