Player
    Character
    Carrot Parfait
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Elamys View Post
    Is this yet another thread where we assume there's problems where there aren't any because of a belief that the numbers displayed are incorrect?
    This is explicitly not about the numbers being incorrect. The current system is an awful experience, even if we assume the displayed numbers are correct.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Alya Mizar
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 72
    I, for one, LIKE blowing materia up.

And while I like the insta retry I do miss the animation of utter disappointment on failure.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    M'telihgo Feilyon
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    I’d be happy getting a “Continue until successful” button. That way I could grab 2 or 3 stacks of 999, go off, meet some friends for lunch and maybe it will finish before I come back home.
    (2)
    #GetSelliBack2018

Reading too much of the forums makes me very sad and apathetic.

Player
    Character
    Sylvestre Solscribe
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    I recently overmeld my belt, they all succeeded on the first attempt.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rosa Frandlia
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    I've seen this too, blew through over 20 quicktongue V materia on a 25% overmeld chance. Fortunately I had around 50 I could get from the "adventurer in need", but it was still frustrating and left me thinking does 25% mean 1 in 25 chances? I've also a few times seen that 6% succeed on the first try when I've saved up the 15+ materia for me too.

As for the original point of crafting gear, I agree over meld is what you have to do which means you need weaver, leather worker, and carpenter all at 70 before you can craft items in the first V tomes unless someone else over melds for you. Sadly for me I'd only leveled alchemist, weaver, and goldsmith when SB came out.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Masekase Hurricane
    World
    Louisoix
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    No thanks, if anything there needs to be more gil sinks in the game. Yes it can be annoying, but I like the buzz when everything melds within the first few tries i.e the other day it took me 8 tries to pentameld a piece :P

Quote Originally Posted by Istaru View Post
    I’d be happy getting a “Continue until successful” button. That way I could grab 2 or 3 stacks of 999, go off, meet some friends for lunch and maybe it will finish before I come back home.
    Now this would be great
    (1)

Character
    Lilila Lila
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Masekase_Hurricane View Post
    No thanks, if anything there needs to be more gil sinks in the game. Yes it can be annoying, but I like the buzz when everything melds within the first few tries i.e the other day it took me 8 tries to pentameld a piece :P

Now this would be great
    It's not a gil sink though, the gil is still circulating the economy.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Liam Harper
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Can't see anything wrong with the OP's suggestion tbh. The only thing I'd suggest differently is making it a 2% stacking chance that starts only after you've failed the expected average number of attempts (for example, 10% chance, you've failed 10, then you start gaining the buff).

This would not make melding any easier. On average you blow almost the same amount of materia. However, it simply protects against extreme bad luck, which means that statistical one guy out of 1000 who would blow an entire stack of V's on 10% doesn't have his day ruined and blows up 10 instead like the rest of us. Economy remains untouched overall. Seems fair.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Falling Skies
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 70
    You guys misunderstand this change some are trying to explain.

Arguing this point based on economics is pointless. If the change is made - whatever change it is - the economy will always respond.

Personally? If you want 5 materia on your earrings? You should be ready to make that decision knowing what you hope for and what you might end up with.

It sucks to drop a stack of 99 command V's w/o a pentameld - just like it sucks you missed out on your dream plot. It sucks your group was at 0.5% in your fight and hit enrage. Them the breaks, shrug it off, get up and try again. If we got everything we wanted first go, we'd be playing a different game by now, because we wouldn't care about w/e we do in this game. My participation trophies went in the trash as a kid.

Even if we do everything right, we still can fall short. Deal with it.
    (1)
    Last edited by Falling; 03-13-2018 at 03:45 PM.

Player
    Character
    Burn Cykle
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by CarrotParfait View Post
    Materia melding is the most disheartening and frustrating part of the game. More than wiping on bosses, more than wild market fluctuations, trying to meld materia is completely up to random chance, and it sucks.
    LOL. OMG are you serious?!?! This HAS to be a troll.............You go into a situation where you KNOW you have HUGE odds of failure and then when you fail you want to tell people how it is unacceptable? Just WOW.

People have been overmelding for years and it doesn't crash any market; the market would crash if overmelding was EASIER; very basic supply & demand economics. The only real tangible impact is to the player themselves and if you can't afford to fail overmelds a lot then YOU SHOULDN'T BE OVERMELDING. Just because one guy in the history of the world went to Vegas with $5 and came out a millionaire doesn't mean you should go do it and expect the same results...........take a hint of responsibility for YOUR OWN CHOICES.
    (0)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast