Player
    Character
    Rintha Elenah
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Tint View Post
    but sometimes i don't pay taxes at all. and the only explaination i have is that it depends on from where the buyer is buying my items.
    As far as I know, the taxes for each city-state can change, every now and then, making it so the seller isn't taxed.

You'd have to check the retainer vocate in one of the cities for tax info on each city-state.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Falling Skies
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 70
    The seller is always taxed.

The way around this is to keep retainers in markets with reduced rates - which change occasionally. Look that info up on retainer NPC's located in each market. If you are heavily invested in MB manipulation, this could boost your revenue by 2-3% FOR FREE.

Buyers can avoid all taxes by buying in the same market the selling retainer is in. The total on MB does not refect taxes because its possible you'll pay no tax, reduced tax, or standard depending on where you buy from - its calculated once you select your buy option. Once again, crucial to manipulate MB - making massive purchases in the same market saves you as much as 5% of total expenses. Huge for your bottom line no matter how much you are playing with.

The tax buyers pay and sellers pay are two different things that do not affect each other. I enjoy this system a great deal as you still pay a sink, but can reduce or even eliminate tax with a bit of knowledge and positioning.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aliiza Duskryn
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 52
    Quote Originally Posted by Mavrias View Post
    Well America is very bass ackwards but I don't even wanna think about the price of moving all my stuff overseas....
    Good news you don't have to

Alaska.
    Delaware.
    Montana.
    New Hampshire.
    Oregon

Just pick one of those states and you're good.
    (1)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2