Player
    Character
    Tyrael Seraphim
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70

Help with CP

I've recently achieved 70 in all crafting classes, and melded some of my gear. However I think I may have messed up the materia melding, because I only have 402 CP with no food buff or medicine.

My question is, what CP amount should I aim for, and should I take out some materia to add some CP materia?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Wynne Yilmaz
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    Assuming you have a full i290 HQ set, you should be able to go from 382 with no melds to 472 CP with maximum CP melds. And once you add +54 from HQ Tempura Platter and +13 from HQ CP Tea, you'll hit a cap of 539 CP.

What level of Starred Crafting are you trying to meld for?
    (1)
    I was the Almighty Enkidu for April Fools 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by Beckett View Post
    To be fair, it's not so much a flame war as it's 12 pages of people agreeing the OP is an idiot.

Player
    Character
    Tyrael Seraphim
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    I'm trying to craft the new Ala Mhigan weapons, and I fear that I may have melded my gear wrong? I'm not sure what the lowest requirement of CP is and was wondering how to obtain it. Do I just need to keep overmelding?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Wynne Yilmaz
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    Could you take pictures of your melds and put them in an imgur album or use this website to show me your gear and melds?

http://ffxiv.ariyala.com/GSM

Once you put in your melds click "SAVE" and copy the link it gives you.
    (1)
    Last edited by magnanimousCynic; 02-04-2018 at 07:18 AM.

To be fair, it's not so much a flame war as it's 12 pages of people agreeing the OP is an idiot.

Player
    Character
    Tyrael Seraphim
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    http://ffxiv.ariyala.com/151S0 Is my current setup
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Wynne Yilmaz
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    The big things I see is that you don't have anything melded to your tools and your Bracelet/Rings are barely melded.

Since I don't know the exact stats you're trying to reach for Craftsmanship and Command, I'll just suggest the equipment that you can meld more CP into.

You should be able to put 5 CP on both of your tools with a G4+G1 CP meld, 8 CP on the earrings with 2 G4, 14 CP on your necklace with 1 G5 and 2 G4, 6 CP on the Bracelet with 2 G3 or a G4+G2, and 7 CP from each ring with either a G5+G1 or a G4+G3. If you feel like doing further overmelding you can try fitting in some G1 or G2 Materia into the rest of your left-side equipment.

If you meld everything besides the Head/Chest/Gloves/Belt/Legs/Boots you'll get 464 CP, or 474 if you meld every piece of gear.

If you're worried about wasting materia by melding the tools that you're currently trying to replace, don't forget you can remove materia from your gear, and if it's G4 or below then it's a 100% chance.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Tyrael Seraphim
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    Thankyou very much! You've been a great help o7

One last thing, is there a list of cross-class skills I should take? Been looking and don't see a universal list for them.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Wynne Yilmaz
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    The exact ones you want depends on what difficulty of craft you're attempting and the rotation you're using. Most rotations should tell you what Cross-Class actions they use.

As for must-haves, I'd say you should always have Tricks of the Trade, Comfort Zone, Steady Hand II, and Byregot's Blessing. For non-starred crafting I like to use Hasty Touch, Innovation, Ingenuity II, Careful Synthesis II, and Muscle Memory for most crafts.
    (0)
    Last edited by magnanimousCynic; 02-04-2018 at 08:23 AM.

Player
    Character
    Tyrael Seraphim
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    Oh alrighty. Thankyou very much! You've been extremely helpful!
    (0)