Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Player
    Character
    Squintina Nightgard
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    I don't mind the per-tribe limit of 3 a day (6 on rank up days).

The daily total limit though, I'd like to see that go.

I'll gladly do just 3 a day per beast tribe, but don't make me have to choose 4 beast tribes

Even though I'm capped on most of them, I still do them for exp on my lower jobs (for HW/SB/ ARR Ixal) and it just sucks to have to pick and choose a max of 12 on top of only being able to do 3 a day for each.

No daily total limit please
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Juyon Intoner
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Nezerius View Post
    You have to keep in mind that the ARR beast tribes dailies give a lot less reputation.
    For example; the Amalj'aa quests give 10/14/20 rep, from the rank 1/2/3 dailies respectively. Since each rank has 3 dailies, a full set of 9 will net you 132 reputation.

3 Ananta quests, at 60 reputation each, will net you 180.
    The ARR tribes besides Ixali also only went up to Rank 4 with dalies so it still takes around the same amount of time to do them as it does to get the HW/SB ones capped per tribe. It takes longer to do ARR ones overall because there are more tribes rather then how much rep you get with each.

Ixali meanwhile still have more quests you can get then the daily limit allows with its later quests giving comparable/the same rep points as HW/SB, and only goes up to rank 7 with rep.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Rintha Elenah
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by MistakeNot View Post
    But you need a lot less reputation for the ARR tribes. The Amalj'aa will be maxed out at 510 rep. The Ananta will need 1730.
    I was merely pointing out that the ability to pick up more dailies for a single tribe didn't make it that much faster than HW/SB beast tribes, due to the fact that the ARR dailies rewarded less reputation.

Going by the state that the beast tribes were in during their initial release, with the ARR ones being released two at a time and having a daily limit of 6, and the HW/SB ones having a daily limit of 12:

Ranking up two ARR beast tribes simultaneously took 23 days (doing the 3 highest rank dailies for each tribe). With the current limit of 12, this will only take 16 days.
    Ranking up a HW beast tribe to rank 7 took 23 days (rank 8 was just a filler rank at the initial release).
    Ranking up a SB beast tribe to rank 8 takes 27 days.

The reason why the SB ones take 4 days longer, is because rank 8 is more than a filler rank for SB tribes, and rank 7 doesn't give any bonus dailies (would move it down to 26 days if it did).

But the point remains that the total daily limit should be increased by at least 6, similar to how the limit was increased from 6 to 12 with 3.0.
    (0)
    Last edited by Nezerius; 02-17-2018 at 11:21 AM.

Player
    Character
    Viese Blanchimont
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 80
    The daily total limit should go away in my opinion. You should be able to run 3 per day for all the tribes. It'll still take people a while to max out the tribes.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sylvestre Solscribe
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by gumas View Post
    you take it off and within 1 month i think 80% of population in ff14 is at max level and rep and thus no one going for mid or low level dungeon because they have no reason to do so
    First low level quest don't sync with your level. Doing ARR quest even when you're in HW is a waste of time when it comes to exp. Even fate is more rewarding at this point
    Second, even without quest it takes barely 2 to 3 weeks to level something from 60 to 70 just with roulettes. I hihgly doubt giving more access to ARR quest will change much. And i'm not even talking about Deep Dungeon which grants the most exp per time to level up to 60.
    Third, even if no one needs low level content the game still shove it in your face when you do roulette. Just make a premade leveling dungeon with a bunch of lv70 and see if you don't fall into a ARR dungeon. There's also the evercoming wave of new players.

Finally, I find extremely amusing that you think everyone will actually do those quest if the cap were to be removed. I mean, I don't even know a single none ARR player who is actually capped with these faction. I almost have all job 70 and I didn't even unlock half of them. (I'm actually hoping they'll nerf them because I've heard they're boring as hell)

So I support the poster, there's no reason to gate these quests. They're old content. You're not complaining that Rabanastre can be farmed to upgrade 330 to 340 20 times a day or that you can do 1 to 60 in Deep Dungeon in one day (I did it in 17h) right? So why would you complain that player can max useless ARR faction?

As a side note, it takes 3 week to cap 2 faction, removing the cap would just make you save 3 week of ARR dailies. I hardly see how you can consider that being capped with all ARR faction in 3weeks instead of 6 is gamebreaking.
    (1)
    Last edited by Sylvain; 02-21-2018 at 08:21 AM.

Player
    Character
    Frizze Steeleblaze
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvain View Post
    I mean, I don't even know a single none ARR player who is actually capped with these faction. I almost have all job 70 and I didn't even unlock half of them.
    You dont know me, but ive done that. I started playing a couple months after HW came out. When i saw that the beast tribe merchants sold some things that you couldnt get anywhere else(and a few others more conveniently then you could otherwise get), i took the time to max out all 5 tribes(which was honestly like 30 mins a day to knock out 12 quests). I was done with them all before the first HW tribe went live, so ive been doing the new ones as they come out since.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kalli Oliana
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 70
    The need to increase the limit of quests as well as look at redoing the amount of xp they give.(ARR tribes are pitifully low even at 50, Vath, Gundu, Moogle all lvl sync but they don't fall in line with the amount synced from the stormblood ones) It would be nice if they'd change it and allow for 3 quests per beast tribe. They've already said they are coming out with another beast tribe in the last producer letter so once again that will leave people picking and choosing instead of being able to do some in all of them if they wished. Another solution would be when the next beast tribe is introduced they have said it will be a crafting one so why not separate the types of beast tribes into 2 sets of allowances? 1 set for the 3 crafting tribes-9 allowances total, and then another set for the combat tribes with 3 for each of them with that coming up to 21 total for combat classes.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Duff Adon
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 80
    So, I haven't been watching this thread, but it seems my post was misunderstood. I just want the daily cap of 12 removed, so I could go through all my BTs in one day if I wanted. This wouldn't hinder low/mid leveled characters at all, in fact it would give them something to do during the awful chain that is between 2.0-3.0 (especially if they haven't figured out duty finder yet) or queues for DRs. If they want to change the old reps to 3 quests (with more rep) overall instead of the 12 they currently offer at higher ranks daily, fine by me. I just do not want to have to choose on which one of the four to do daily.
    (1)
    Last edited by Duffadon; 02-27-2018 at 04:02 AM.

Player
    Character
    Winter Sandman
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70
    I see no harm in removing the daily 12 limit. Doing 45 beast tribe quests a day for ARR would be a chore and if they want it that badly why not let them. The HW/SB beast tribe dailies are a joke in comparison. I am able to crank out my SB dailies in 5 minutes per tribe. This was not the case back in ARR. Just waiting for the fate you needed sometimes would be 10-30 minutes.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    I'shtola Maqa
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    It is working as intended
    (0)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3