Character
    Syntax Lies
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Leatherworker Lv 50

RAIN OF DEATH seems a bit broke

Rain of Death
    Delivers a ranged attack to target and enemies near it.
    Combo Action: Quick Nock
    Combo Bonus: Chance to inflict Stun.
    TP: 3000 / Recast Time: 30 sec.

Somethings been bugging me about bard and I wanted to get some other opinions on it.

Rain of death has a 30 second cooldown yet it combos of a skill that has a 3 min cooldown. To me this seems pretty broken. There are tons of ways this can be fixed like.

option 1
    make it a solo action like jump maybe with a 1-3 min cool down.

option 2
    make it combo before quick knock(might suck since its aoe though and you may wanna get that quick knock off without aoe'ing)

option 3
    give quick knock a 2 min cooldown and rain of death a 2-3 min cooldown.

option 4
    make a new combo that consist of only heavy shot>rain of death

option 5
    combo off quick knock but change RoD to 3 min cooldown so at least the combo makes some sort of sense.

option 6
    keep it the way it is but lower tp to 2k (2k seems much more reasonable for a non-combo RoD0

option 7
    a chance to stun when not used in combo

So lets here some feedback from all you barchers so that I dont regret posting this in bard instead of general discussion.
    (7)
    Last edited by syntaxlies; 03-23-2012 at 11:05 PM.

Player
    Character
    Tarragon Lai
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 50
    You're upset about having to wait for your chance to stun? That's all I can figure. I'm never short of TP on bard so i can use RoD whenever its ready. Used by itself RoD still does damage or pulls adds in a pile, etc. While the stun effect is nice idk that it should be anyone's main concern when using RoD.
    (4)

Player

I pretty much agree with Peptaru. The ability is great as it is. For 3k TP we can stun in an AoE as well as do damage, and the ability is ready whenever the combo abilities in line before it are.

From my experience in talking to others in game, I believe the OP is in the minority in believing that the abilities is in need of adjustment.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Syntax Lies
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Leatherworker Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Peptaru View Post
    You're upset about having to wait for your chance to stun? That's all I can figure. I'm never short of TP on bard so i can use RoD whenever its ready. Used by itself RoD still does damage or pulls adds in a pile, etc. While the stun effect is nice idk that it should be anyone's main concern when using RoD.
    im not upset about the ability to stun, as you can see one of my options is to make the cooldown longer. It just seems odd to me to have a skill with a 30 sec cooldown combo off a 3 min cooldown in a game that is built around combos.
    (0)
    Last edited by syntaxlies; 03-23-2012 at 02:11 AM.

Player
    Character
    Syntax Lies
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Leatherworker Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Coglin View Post
    I pretty much agree with Peptaru. The ability is great as it is. For 3k TP we can stun in an AoE as well as do damage, and the ability is ready whenever the combo abilities in line before it are.

From my experience in talking to others in game, I believe the OP is in the minority in believing that the abilities is in need of adjustment.
    and no offense, but you dont seem to know how the action works. you dont get a chance to stun when using 3k tp, stun is only when you combo. That means you can only stun every 3 mins since quick knock is 3 min cooldown.

Id much rather see quick knock with a 2 min cooldown and RoD with a 3 min cooldown so that the combo makes sense.

I really cant imagine ever using RoD for a full 3k tp, its really not worth the tp and if you are blowing 3k on it im sure your dps is really hurting from it.
    (0)
    Last edited by syntaxlies; 03-23-2012 at 02:20 AM.

Player
    Character
    Tarragon Lai
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 50
    You can't hope to change the timer of quick nock (QN), that ability is a beast for DD, if they cut the timer they'd have to cut the damage and i would hate that even more... that's my go to KABOOM to the face for great DPS or a winnin shot before something kills a mage. The timer for RoD is set based on RoD usefulness, QN is based on its usefulness. While i can relate to what you're saying about creating a better "flow" with the timers, i just can't see it as being feasible. The really long QN timer stops brd from being a back up drg (leg sweeps, flurries, etc) with RoD always lit up, but allows for two moves which are chainable in specific situations. Specific situation control is more something a support job should have, as opposed to simplifying their abilities to make a smoother combo. Like i said though, i can see where you're comin from.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Syntax Lies
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Leatherworker Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Peptaru View Post
    You can't hope to change the timer of quick nock (QN), that ability is a beast for DD, if they cut the timer they'd have to cut the damage and i would hate that even more... that's my go to KABOOM to the face for great DPS or a winnin shot before something kills a mage. The timer for RoD is set based on RoD usefulness, QN is based on its usefulness. While i can relate to what you're saying about creating a better "flow" with the timers, i just can't see it as being feasible. The really long QN timer stops brd from being a back up drg (leg sweeps, flurries, etc) with RoD always lit up, but allows for two moves which are chainable in specific situations. Specific situation control is more something a support job should have, as opposed to simplifying their abilities to make a smoother combo. Like i said though, i can see where you're comin from.
    I dont think having quick knock at 2-2.5 mins would be too op. If im on archer i have it at 1.5 mins all the time as i always use keen flurry first anyway. My suggestion still keeps it at 2 mins which is 30 seconds longer then i would have it on archer. to tell you the truth. I dont even care if they change RoD to 3 min, at least that way it will make sense.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Fiofel Zalalafell
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 1
    The good thing about this forum is that a month later, it should still be on first page and continue to reminds bards for feedback.

Being in some exp parties that leave little room for distance without drawing attention and end up with 3k TP maybe once a wave.

Would like to see more varied combo options.
    (0)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by syntaxlies View Post
    and no offense, but you dont seem to know how the action works. you dont get a chance to stun when using 3k tp, stun is only when you combo. That means you can only stun every 3 mins since quick knock is 3 min cooldown.
    Yeah, I know how it works my friend, I use it daily. I simply typed it up a little screwy in my post. I am an engineer not a secretary.
    Id much rather see quick knock with a 2 min cooldown and RoD with a 3 min cooldown so that the combo makes sense.
    Thats what you would rather see, but I disagree, I get the way it is now, in my opinion, your suggestion on this makes less sense.
    I really cant imagine ever using RoD for a full 3k tp, its really not worth the tp and if you are blowing 3k on it im sure your dps is really hurting from it.
    Okay, don't imagine it. That doesn't mean it needs to be changed. I rather enjoy having it at my disposal, as I can hit 3k TP with the slightest of ease. Its rather easy to use several other weapons skills and still have 3k avaliable nearly every 30 secs. with the damage it does is 12 enemies at ones, is fairly equavalent to the damage you get from using many multiple other WS who's tp usage would add to double, triple, or even quadruple that of 3k tp.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Syntax Lies
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Leatherworker Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiosha_Maureiba View Post
    The good thing about this forum is that a month later, it should still be on first page and continue to reminds bards for feedback.

Being in some exp parties that leave little room for distance without drawing attention and end up with 3k TP maybe once a wave.

Would like to see more varied combo options.
    im actually failing to make sense of you post, sorry. Are you saying that in xp party's you pull with a 3k tp move?
    (0)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast