Player
    Character
    Miko Neversleeps
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Estellios View Post
    Yeah I was also kinda curious as to why you were using Heavy Shot, but I guess it's because it has the lowest recast time?
    This should answer your question:

Quote Originally Posted by Seiken View Post
    I wanted to see which of the 4 damage stats (DEX, PIE, STR, ATK) increased Light Shot and Heavy shot the most since in Moogle those 2 skills comprise ~40-50% of ARC damage.
    Though this also answers part of Spider-Dan's concerns.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Viper Beam
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 70
    Right, but is this a guide for maximizing your damage in the Moogle fight, or is it a guide for general ARC buildouts? That's my point; when this information starts to circulate among the playerbase, it's important to include the disclaimer that the tests only show the stat impact of one WS. So before you go dump most of your DEX in the trash, you should consider that it's entirely possible (if not likely) that ARC's big-boy WSes have a DEX-related boost.

To summarize, this is great info and a good starting point, but don't take it for a definitive commandment yet.
    (3)

Player

Updated with new WS data
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Adahna Serafi
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Blacksmith Lv 80
    Thanks so much for the info, I appreciate your work.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Viper Beam
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 70
    If this trend holds through future patches, ARC got hosed. PIE is an extremely undesirable primary damage stat for a DoW; STR or DEX is a much more beneficial option, due to being able to double-dip with the added attack or accuracy. And with the Strength In Numbers bonus making accuracy concerns irrelevant anyway, this means that non-ARC DDs can pound STR/ATK and always get a return on investment, while ARC is essentially forced to screw around with otherwise-useless PIE.
    (0)

Player

Well the way I look at it, if DEX was an archers primary damage stat, it might be a little overpowered. They would almost never miss combos (one of the biggest TP drains), build TP faster from hitting more often, and their Raging Strike buff would be up more consistently giving the the ATK boost. Then they would get extra damage from DEX as a bonus. Also to address your concern with PIE. I think ARC as it stands is a semi-debuff class. They have Blind, Heavy, Bleed DoT, and Bind. PIE could play a pretty heavy role for ARC regardless of damage. A lot of current moogle strategies involve Binding as an example.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Yoso Carrasco
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 74
    Yeah I actually prefer PIE being a major stat for ARC since the debuffs on it are pretty damn nice, being able to rely on them landing would be a huge boon.

You are right about DEX being overpowered if it affected damage a lot. If it still affected Crit Rate ARC might be crazy OP again. At least now with this data I can probably share gloves between my ARC and PGL, although I might still keep the DEX gloves I have for ARC since I really don't want any misses cause Raging Strike rules.
    (0)
    Last edited by Estellios; 01-24-2012 at 02:55 AM.

Player

Does incremental Piety increase the DOT inflicted from bloodletter?
    (0)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Radiator View Post
    Does incremental Piety increase the DOT inflicted from bloodletter?
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    If this trend holds through future patches, ARC got hosed. PIE is an extremely undesirable primary damage stat for a DoW; STR or DEX is a much more beneficial option, due to being able to double-dip with the added attack or accuracy. And with the Strength In Numbers bonus making accuracy concerns irrelevant anyway, this means that non-ARC DDs can pound STR/ATK and always get a return on investment, while ARC is essentially forced to screw around with otherwise-useless PIE.
    I disagree. I can see it reasonable that some players could prefere str/vit/dex over the other stats. As others have already stated though, its great for the debuffs. Personally, I also feel that the dex benefit of blocking and parrying is not working well or at all, but I could be incorrect. Also, I like the benefit of a ranged classes added magic evasion from PIE, as well the boost to MP pool.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Viper Beam
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Seiken View Post
    Well the way I look at it, if DEX was an archers primary damage stat, it might be a little overpowered. They would almost never miss combos (one of the biggest TP drains), build TP faster from hitting more often, and their Raging Strike buff would be up more consistently giving the the ATK boost. Then they would get extra damage from DEX as a bonus.
    This would be a more convincing argument if other DoW weren't sitting at 100% accuracy (in full parties) with no DEX or ACC gear to speak of.

So basically, it comes down to DEX/PIE/STR/ATK balancing for ARC vs. STR/ATK for other DoW. That's a huge disadvantage to ARC. Put another way:

- other DoW get +DMG from +STR
    - +STR also adds attack
    - therefore, other DoW get to double-dip in +DMG and +attack by adding STR

- ARC gets +DMG from +DEX
    - +DEX also adds accuracy, but accuracy is already capped against anything that matters
    - therefore, ARC only receives +DMG from +DEX (and not +attack too, like other DoW)

There is something to be said for PIE vs. VIT vs. MND vs. INT as a secondary stat; I'd say that VIT>PIE>MND>INT in the hierarchy of desirable secondary stats, but that's me. In any case, all of them take a distant back seat to STR, and to be frank, in the current paradigm VIT as a primary damage stat would probably be more desirable than DEX, straight up.

Also to address your concern with PIE. I think ARC as it stands is a semi-debuff class. They have Blind, Heavy, Bleed DoT, and Bind. PIE could play a pretty heavy role for ARC regardless of damage. A lot of current moogle strategies involve Binding as an example.
    I guess if you're saying that ARC isn't supposed to be a DD, fine, but that's really just sidestepping the issue. My point was that ARC's stat weighting (if current trends persist) gives them a big disadvantage compared to other damage dealers.
    (0)
    Last edited by Spider-Dan; 01-24-2012 at 09:03 AM.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast