Player
    Character
    Inari Silverfox
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Myon88 View Post
    It got lots of people to run old content like the Vault this week too, which is always good since it makes otherwise deprecated content feel relevant for a short time.
    Yeah, there's no way I'm running Vault over and over hoping to win the lot on accessories against others trying to do the same for the same purpose. I'll just solo Dusk Vigil unsynced and keep the gear all to myself.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Myon Miya
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    You can solo the Vault undersized fairly easily on certain jobs, wasn't referring to running them as a group. But yes, Dusk Vigil turned out to be a slightly easier option as well.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sylvaria Molkot
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by KDSilver View Post
    ... This isn't because you have no money that people suddenly become toxic and greedy...
    Throughout history scarcity of resources has pretty much always been the root cause of 'toxic' behaviour, greed and ultimately conflict; minigames in MMOs are not immune to this.

As for the Fashion Report, at worst it's by far the easiest 10K MGP you can get per week, so it's a bit hard to complain... well, unless you actually try to put some effort in. The main problem I see is that there seems to be no reward for anything less than 'the best', i.e. 80%+

As an example; my partner put in about 2 hours and ~100K gil trying to make an outfit, but only managed a best score of around 70% (that somehow kept getting lower on later retries despite getting more gold medals ???) ... meanwhile I simply walked up in my regular dungeon duds, scored about 50% (and a rather amusing comment), and netted the same prize of 10K MGP with no effort or expense at all...

It's not hard to see that this is just plain wrong in terms of 'effort vs. reward', and that there needs to be intermediate prizes for those who put in some effort yet only manage a score of between about 60% and 79% (even if that means a lower 'participation' prize to even out the 'average' reward payout).

Example reward structure:
    Less than 60% only rewards 2K MGP (the 'participation' prize).
    60%+ rewards another 8K MGP (total of 10K).
    70%+ rewards another 10K MGP (total of 20K).
    75%+ rewards another 10K MGP (total of 30K).
    80%+ rewards another 20K MGP (total of 50K).
    (5)
    Last edited by Acidblood; 02-08-2018 at 02:42 PM.

Player
    Character
    Rymmrael Bhaldraelwyn
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidblood View Post
    As an example; my partner put in about 2 hours and ~100K gil trying to make an outfit, but only managed a best score of around 70% (that somehow kept getting lower on later retries despite getting more gold medals ???)
    As another example, I put in no more than 15 minutes of effort and 20k gil in mats and netted a winning score, so I'm not sure what point this is supposed to make. Not to be indelicate, but is it possible your S.O. just did it wrong? From your description (more medals but lower score) it sounds like they left the non-hinted slots empty on their subsequent attempts, which will absolutely tank your score and make it impossible to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidblood View Post
    The main problem I see is that there seems to be no reward for anything less than 'the best', i.e. 80%+
    Sure there is... the easy 10k participation award you already mentioned. "The best" would be a 100% score, 80% is already pretty darn forgiving, I mean it's just barely a B- in most schools. The reward is the highest one you can get in one go short of the cactpots and imho it shouldn't be that easy to obtain; the event gives a participation award already, and a pretty nice one at that. I really don't think the whole thing needs dumbing down or that there should be a nerf to the overall payout for the winners (80% gives a total of 60k right now, 10 for participation and 50 for winning.)

The only adjustment I would make would be to ensure that gold medal items are available to lower level players (looking at you, last week's rings!)
    (1)
    Last edited by Rymm; 02-09-2018 at 12:41 AM.

~ My FF14 IG account ~
    https://www.instagram.com/rymmrael/
    ~ Interesting FF14 fan creations to check out ~
    https://aetherflowmedia.com
    http://www.eorzeasntm.org/

Player
    Character
    Loki Lux
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Rymm View Post

The only adjustment I would make would be to ensure that gold medal items are available to lower level players (looking at you, last week's rings!)
    This and the gender issues (dem shoes last week) are the only problems I have with the mini game. Yes it stinks is eliminates poorer players if they rely on the MB as well....overall though they have room to refine it if need be. I certainly hope they do. I didn't have the right top (hannish was too expensive, falconers got sold out), skirt (longskirt sold out) and didnt feel like farming a ring last week and managed a 72, which, isn't bad but....given two of these slots were crafted (though I think the long skirt had a dungeon drop equivalent) it stunk a bit. But that's alright, easy 10k?? >.>
    (0)

"Within each of us, the potential for great power waits to be released."

Player
    Character
    Taylor Swiftsong
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    My problem with Fashion Report is similar, but differs to some extent: it relies entirely on who has the most gil to spend on crafted attire, when it should be based of flat scores based on what gear you used to glamour. It's basically inaccessible for the poor and/or people on servers with seller markets only.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Fawkes Macleod
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    It seems less interesting than I expected. Like there's only one correct answer and a lot of things that seem like they should work don't. After a few weeks we'll know every category and the correct item to use for it.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Xiomara Sage
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 80
    The most irritating thing about this is that to get the perfect score you need mogstation dyes.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Xiomara View Post
    The most irritating thing about this is that to get the perfect score you need mogstation dyes.
    no, you do not.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Sa'niquel Amrita
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Xiomara View Post
    False. Experiment and not take first bits of information as the only answer.
    Snow white dye was just as successful as the ''mog station'' pure white dye last week (BTW you can buy it in game as it comes from retainer ventures - quick)

This week the 'expensive' item (New world hose) can be made for practically free because you can buy the rare item in the craft for 500 yellow crafter scripts.
    This is a networking game.
    Some weeks you wont be as prepared as others depending on what kind of player you are, sure. But its just MGP. You still get access to the new furnishing just for participating!
    (3)

Masamune ♡ SGD ♡ Australia
    My DA / FFXIV SS Glamours - http://tinyurl.com/mvmdebr

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast