Ceallach Ruarc
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90

System Error -2146697211

What is this?
    (0)

Good morning and thank you for posting on the Final Fantasy XIV Technical Support Forums.

When exactly does this occur? Is this on login or are you booted from the game?

When did this start happening and did anything change on your PC that coincides with this?

Can you also list your PC specs?

We hope we can be of assistance in helping you enjoy the exciting world of Final Fantasy XIV!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ceallach Ruarc
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Einmimiria View Post
    Good morning and thank you for posting on the Final Fantasy XIV Technical Support Forums.

When exactly does this occur? Is this on login or are you booted from the game?

When did this start happening and did anything change on your PC that coincides with this?

Can you also list your PC specs?

We hope we can be of assistance in helping you enjoy the exciting world of Final Fantasy XIV!
    How do I list PC specs?

I was in Sigmascape V3.0 when I started having connection issues. I quit out of the game entirely, then booted up the launcher again. The top-right area where the login blanks are supposed to appear stayed black for longer than expected, then this error occurred, and the launcher closed itself. It only happened the one time, and I was told it was "the 'hell if I know' error" by some other players.
    (0)

Thank you for the reply Ceallach,

Don't worry about the PC specs right now. Is this the only time you received this error? Or does it come up every time you try to log in now?

This looks to be a connection error, meaning something is blocking your connection to the servers. Has anything changed on your PC (updates, anti-virus, etc.) that coincides with the error?

(0)

Player
    Character
    Ceallach Ruarc
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Thank you for the reply Ceallach,

Don't worry about the PC specs right now. Is this the only time you received this error? Or does it come up every time you try to log in now?

This looks to be a connection error, meaning something is blocking your connection to the servers. Has anything changed on your PC (updates, anti-virus, etc.) that coincides with the error?

This has been the only time it happened, yes. Nothing has changed on my end that I'm aware of.
    (0)

Hello Ceallach, Thank you for your response.

Like Einmimiria stated this seems to be connection related. I would like to provide you with some steps that usually help.

Please make sure all background applications (including anti-virus programs such as Norton, Kaspersky, Windows Defender, etc.) have been disabled and/or closed to minimize game interference.

Ensure that the latest version of Internet Explorer is installed on your PC (even if you don't use Internet Explorer), please do not use Edge as that is a different internet platform. Once Internet Explorer is up-to-date, please open the IE browser, open the "Tools", go to "Internet Options" and adjust the following settings:
    Under the "General" tab, please delete ALL browser history.
    Under the "Security" tab, please move the slider to the lowest possible settings or no higher than "Medium"
    Under the "Privacy" tab, please move the slider to the lowest possible settings or to "Allow All Cookies"
    Under the "Advanced" tab, please make sure that "Allow software to run or install even if signature is invalid" is CHECKED.
    Make sure that all SSL and TLS (EXCEPT SSL 3.0) are CHECKED.
    [SSL 3.0 should be UNCHECKED]
    Hit "Apply" to save the settings, and then "OK, to close the Internet Options menu.
    Right-Click on the FFXIV launcher icon and select "Properties"
    Go to the "Compatibility" tab, and change the compatibility mode to "Windows 7"
    Hit "Apply", then "OK" to save the changes.
    Please RESTART your PC now.

Once your PC has been restarted, Right-Click the FFXIV launcher icon once more and select "Run as Administrator"

If the suggestions provided above do not resolve the issue, then there is a communication error.
    Check the following Port Ranges on your router/modem to ensure that the following Port Ranges have been opened/forwarded/triggered:
    ▼TCP
    54992 through 54994,
    55006 through 55007,
    55021 through 55040

*You may learn how to do this by visiting http://www.portforward.com/
    Find your specific router's brand and model number from the 'List of Routers' and you will be provided a step-by-step guide on how to access these port settings.
    Otherwise, your ISP may forward these ports for you.*

If you have properly configured your router, and you are still experiencing these issues, our next suggestion is to bypass the router, and connect your computer directly to your modem. Please ensure that you power down both the modem and the computer for at least five minutes before attempting to connect to FINAL FANTASY XIV.

If you continue to receive these same errors when you are connected directly to the modem, then the problem lies with your ISP. We would recommend contacting them and advising them that one or more of the ports previously provided to you are being blocked or filtered, and that you do need access on
    these ports.

Hope to be of assistance.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Shiroe Enchanter
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 55
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariellendera View Post
    Hello Ceallach, Thank you for your response.

Like Einmimiria stated this seems to be connection related. I would like to provide you with some steps that usually help.

Please make sure all background applications (including anti-virus programs such as Norton, Kaspersky, Windows Defender, etc.) have been disabled and/or closed to minimize game interference.

Ensure that the latest version of Internet Explorer is installed on your PC (even if you don't use Internet Explorer), please do not use Edge as that is a different internet platform. Once Internet Explorer is up-to-date, please open the IE browser, open the "Tools", go to "Internet Options" and adjust the following settings:
    Under the "General" tab, please delete ALL browser history.
    Under the "Security" tab, please move the slider to the lowest possible settings or no higher than "Medium"
    Under the "Privacy" tab, please move the slider to the lowest possible settings or to "Allow All Cookies"
    Under the "Advanced" tab, please make sure that "Allow software to run or install even if signature is invalid" is CHECKED.
    Make sure that all SSL and TLS (EXCEPT SSL 3.0) are CHECKED.
    [SSL 3.0 should be UNCHECKED]
    Hit "Apply" to save the settings, and then "OK, to close the Internet Options menu.
    Right-Click on the FFXIV launcher icon and select "Properties"
    Go to the "Compatibility" tab, and change the compatibility mode to "Windows 7"
    Hit "Apply", then "OK" to save the changes.
    Please RESTART your PC now.

Once your PC has been restarted, Right-Click the FFXIV launcher icon once more and select "Run as Administrator"

If the suggestions provided above do not resolve the issue, then there is a communication error.
    Check the following Port Ranges on your router/modem to ensure that the following Port Ranges have been opened/forwarded/triggered:
    ▼TCP
    54992 through 54994,
    55006 through 55007,
    55021 through 55040

*You may learn how to do this by visiting http://www.portforward.com/
    Find your specific router's brand and model number from the 'List of Routers' and you will be provided a step-by-step guide on how to access these port settings.
    Otherwise, your ISP may forward these ports for you.*

If you have properly configured your router, and you are still experiencing these issues, our next suggestion is to bypass the router, and connect your computer directly to your modem. Please ensure that you power down both the modem and the computer for at least five minutes before attempting to connect to FINAL FANTASY XIV.

If you continue to receive these same errors when you are connected directly to the modem, then the problem lies with your ISP. We would recommend contacting them and advising them that one or more of the ports previously provided to you are being blocked or filtered, and that you do need access on
    these ports.

Hope to be of assistance.
    I'm not being funny but why should we go through all this hassle to fix something that wasn't there before patch 4.2???? Everything was working great and then 4.2 got released and weirdly enough your team still thinks its our end when you had probably hundreds of people saying the same thing to you with the error and DCs and lags. Do us a favour and please take to the DEV team and tell them to try and look your end and don't divert the responsibility and problems we are experiencing since 4.2 onto us. We shouldn't have to do any of what you posted in that reply because the fault is not our end.

EDIT: THE AUDACITY of the moderator to put a link to a $40 portforward program IS DESPICABLE. Yeah that's right don't bother trying to fix it because to do any port forwarding that site will take you to a paid app you have to buy to sort this issue instead of it being sorted within the game through fixing 4.2!!!!
    (0)
    Last edited by SimplyJames168; 02-07-2018 at 06:14 AM.

Thank you for the reply simplyjames168,

We apologize for the trouble you have been having, however, this issue is not unique to patch 4.2 and can be caused by a variety of things. Due to the nature of an error like this, we have to ask that you try everything in order to fix it as every computer is different and the root of the problem can arise from almost anywhere. It is an unfortunate inconvenience, but since the problem affects a relatively small number of people, we can rule out that the problem stems from the server itself.

Additionally, the link we provide does not require that you purchase anything and is only one option we list. It is there for those who prefer to try port forwarding themselves and is by no means a requirement to resolve the issue.

(0)

Player
    Character
    Shiroe Enchanter
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 55
    Thank you for the reply simplyjames168,

We apologize for the trouble you have been having, however, this issue is not unique to patch 4.2 and can be caused by a variety of things. Due to the nature of an error like this, we have to ask that you try everything in order to fix it as every computer is different and the root of the problem can arise from almost anywhere. It is an unfortunate inconvenience, but since the problem affects a relatively small number of people, we can rule out that the problem stems from the server itself.

Additionally, the link we provide does not require that you purchase anything and is only one option we list. It is there for those who prefer to try port forwarding themselves and is by no means a requirement to resolve the issue.

Well that cant be right because I have tried everything and prior to 4.2 launch the game worked flawless on uncapped FPS and there was no DC or lags. So if you expect me to believe its not server related youre in for a lot of disappointment. Its spreading and more and more people are having problems. Just because its a small group of players doesn't mean you can just disregard it for Christ sake. we are paying for this game and theres nothing done on SEs side about it. Like the player base has done everything to sort this and we even forwarded ports we shouldn't have to as there was no problem before 4.2 (at least my end there wasn't). then the patch lands and people have issues but you blatantly deny that its related.

I'm sorry but customer service and player importance seems to be on the downfall. We cant play the game and we tried everything so not its your turn to sort it your end.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Ceallach View Post
    This has been the only time it happened, yes. Nothing has changed on my end that I'm aware of.
    Hello,

I would like to ask if it would be possible for you to do a trace route and post the results here? I would also like to ask you to provide us your ISP and location. With this information hopefully we can narrow this issue down. Thank you
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast