Character
    Bucky Trespen
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 90

Augmented Gear Under Minimum Stats

Hey there,

Anyone else noticed how a full set of Augmented gear lands you far below the needed stats to gather HQ items on the new nodes and will require some heavy overmelded to make up the difference?

Is this standard? Seems kinda bad given the sheer time someone would spend getting these.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Song Sparrow
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    That's strange, considering you can't meld them at all. Generally the augmented gear is supposed to allow you to gather the same things as a melded crafted set.
    (0)

cerise leclaire
    (bad omnicrafter & terrible astrologian)

Player
    Character
    Xenabelle Shadowsong
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    Yep I noticed that right away as someone who recently got to 70 - the augmented gear seems to be equal to the 320 gear with one meld whereas the new node require overmelding.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Scarlett Dzian
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 76
    Surely that's wrong the augmented gear should be good enough to hit everything HQ. especially if its top teir geir
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tenebria Miku
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    I guess they're assuming you'll get all the gazelleskin accessories and meld the heck out of them
    The scrip purchased gear has always been kind of bad though

outside of a small period at the very beginning of heavensward the crafted stuff has always been far superior and universal
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Scarlett Dzian
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 76
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihility View Post
    I guess they're assuming you'll get all the gazelleskin accessories and meld the heck out of them
    The scrip purchased gear has always been kind of bad though

outside of a small period at the very beginning of heavensward the crafted stuff has always been far superior and universal
    Superior perhaps with full melds and stuff but my level 60 gatherers in full i200 agmented red scrip gear could gather hqs from every node in the game. the only thing it might not do is proc some of the bonuses. like swings+1 or whatever the others were
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Winter Sandman
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by BucklesTrespen View Post
    Is this standard? Seems kinda bad given the sheer time someone would spend getting these.
    It took me ~ 6 hours to get my Mineking's set minus the pickaxe as I already had an HQ 290. The upgrade costs to get the new ones won't take too long. So I had a full set of BTN and MIN gear within a weekend. I haven't started farming Yellow Scrips since I did this but this will give me incentive to do so and it shouldn't take less than a few hours.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Alya Mizar
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 72
    From another thread, augmented + minimaly melded accessories:

http://ffxiv.ariyala.com/1510N
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Driskus Blackstone
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by BucklesTrespen View Post
    Hey there,

Anyone else noticed how a full set of Augmented gear lands you far below the needed stats to gather HQ items on the new nodes and will require some heavy overmelded to make up the difference?

Scrip gear isn't meant to be the best-in-slot gear. Its a stepping stone between normal gear and melded crafted gear. Typically you'd have to get crafted accessories and the offhand and meld them a bit. The rest you have to make up for by using food. This time around its actually not bad at all, and doesn't require much overmelding on the offhand & accessories to hit 1350 perception. See the post above for an example of the melds you'd need. If you were to overmeld the offhand more you can get away with lower-end food.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Song Sparrow
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Driskus View Post
    Scrip gear isn't meant to be the best-in-slot gear. Its a stepping stone between normal gear and melded crafted gear. Typically you'd have to get crafted accessories and the offhand and meld them a bit. The rest you have to make up for by using food. This time around its actually not bad at all, and doesn't require much overmelding on the offhand & accessories to hit 1350 perception. See the post above for an example of the melds you'd need. If you were to overmeld the offhand more you can get away with lower-end food.
    It's not about being the best of the best, it's that the augmented scrip gear does not allow you to meet the minimum threshold to gather HQ items by itself. This is unstandard.
    (1)

cerise leclaire
    (bad omnicrafter & terrible astrologian)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast