Player
    Character
    Squintina Nightgard
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    This is way too much.

I'm down for dissipation automatically resummoning the previous fairy.

Everything else is too OP and would break the balance of healers.

I don't think Silent Dusk needs to be reworked into a completely different skill, it just needs tuning:
    -Act like an oGCD - not affected by whether or not Selene was or is doing something
    -Its range should be the same as Embrace's - so that way a person knows that if Selene is in range to heal the tank, she's probably in range to silence what he's tanking.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Malto Thoris
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    All these changes are a bit too much. Sch is arguably the best healer but they're all rounded out pretty well. (Personally, I think that Noct Astro needs some adjustments, but what those are a complete guess and it would be best to wait to see how they do in Sigmascape.)

The only thing that really needs to be reworked is dissipation and again it been stated that it should that the fairy should come back after the duration and maybe selene should get a redesign but as of now, Sch doesn't really need anything or is in that much trouble.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aimori Duciel
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 80
    No to the OP suggestions. I am okay with Dissipation being changed and Selene being reworked but at the cost of Sch being hit somewhere else then.

Sch is arguably the best healer I would rather see the other two jobs get major qol changes and buffs if Selene gets reworked.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sylvestre Solscribe
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    You forgot
    Boil2 : deal 10% of the current target hp as additional damage. Target above your level takes an extra 50% damage.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Winter Gem
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    I would accept a shorter cool down but since it is a group cleanse the balance would be thrown off. The better solution is to make Fey Caress a single target ability since debuffs are designed around a healer with single target Esuna anyway. A group cleanse is great in theory until you realize it is practically useless in almost all content. Changing it to a single target ability with a slight heal on a short cool down makes the ability infinitely more useful in all game content without throwing off healer balance. Selene could almost be a functional replacement to using Esuna as a Role Skill.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kabz Il
    World
    Spriggan
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by PerrinTaveren View Post
    3. Whispering dawn lasts 30 sec. Do you want regen all the time? Then what's the point of fey union or for example, whm regen?
    It's 21 seconds.

But yeah, these suggestions would make SCH very OP. I do like the Dissipation idea though. The Selene changes, while she does need some attention, make no sense balance wise. Because if she did that much damage on every Embrace cast, you'd now have Eos being irrelevant. The balance they need to strike with the Faeries is promoting the use of both of them, not just constantly having one better than the other. SCH is fine as it is, it would be nice if they made Selene more relevant but aside from that it needs no buffs.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Veta D'horrid
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    I think the scholar is in a good spot at the moment. However, there is at least one quality of life changes I'd suggest. For instance, dissipation. I think it would be better, after the duration, if it resummoned the pet back to the battlefield much like summoner - summon bahamut. Ideally, both abilities work similarly. You must have a pet out in order to execute the ability and both pets leave for the duration.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Estellise Ciel
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Outside the absurd changes I can't say I agree with Dissipation bringing back the fairy automatically either. Rather than a QOL, that would be yet another buff to SCH as you'd get an extra 3 Aetherflow stacks at 0 cost, which also accelerates your next Atherflow by 15s. Granted the cooldown is 3 minutes long so it isn't much of an issue, but I don't think the strongest healer in the game needs yet another buff.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Holy Orders
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 70
    I'd like to just see a new trait that gives a buff every time the fairy casts a spell. Reduces summon time of the opposite fairy by 10% each cast, stacks up to 10 times, lasts 35s. Summon removed from the GCD. It seems like most of the problems with Dissipation and Selene's viability stem from the fact that summoning mid-battle is a dps loss, and pain in the ass.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kaishen Commodore
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    The only real QoL the job has needed since launch is making the pets responsive so you're not stuck using some awkward work-around to force them to use a pet CD without them resorting to trying to Embrace spam low-HP targets and ignoring you for 5-6 seconds.
    (1)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast