Player
    Character
    Ren Luxada
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by MistakeNot View Post
    Then you are playing the wrong game for your tastes - the major draw of FFXIV over other MMOs is exactly the story from SE. The story is the point of this game. The actual gameplay is of merely average quality.
    And the story of this game ISN'T of average quality? Let's be real here; it was basic af in 2013 and tbh that still stands. We all know Square aren't putting out any industry award level storytelling in this game because they haven't been able to do that in well over a decade now.

I'm also in the "never running MSQ Roulette again" group. I feel bad for the newbies because 50+ min queue time sounds like hell... but if Square really gave a crap about the newbies clearing this content without being harassed to "OMG skip plz" they'd implement CM and Praetorium as duty instances with NPC's to help out for the newbies to complete first time. They could then unlock the dungeon versions after, sort of like a mini tutorial. That way the newbie sprouts could watch the cutscenes in the duty and we would have avoided this whole thing.

To a lot of us here CM and Prae is redundant, played out content that we have done hundreds of times.... dropping it is going to seem like a no-brainer to many.
    (3)
    Last edited by SixtyLove; 02-19-2018 at 08:57 AM. Reason: Word Count.

Player
    Character
    Kagura Vega
    World
    Sagittarius
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 90
    Well speed runners only have themselves to blame. That aside..

I've quite enjoyed the change. First time I managed to experience both the instance and the cut-scenes simultaneously without being forced to pick one over the other. Easily understandable after some time that it'd get monotonous. Just find something else to do. Switch over to another monitor perhaps? Grab some snacks? Take out laundry?

Wasn't the best solution, clearly. But in many regards it does beat the previous situation. With the best solution obviously throwing away the roulette entirely and making it a solo instance.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    M'leineya Leoh
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    I really hate the forced cutscenes. I will never queue for main scenario roulettes again, and I dread ever having to do them on a fresh level 50.

But good going SE, you've made it now that people who need to do main scenarios are gonna be stuck in queues forever because the rest of us will not want to queue for it. You've solved one problem (that wasn't really a problem to begin with) by creating another even bigger problem.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Auriana Redsteele
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 82
    Quote Originally Posted by SixtyLove View Post
    And the story of this game ISN'T of average quality?
    Compared to almost all other MMOs? Compared to those, this game has a really good story.
    Better than average even when compared to single-player games, although clearly inferior to the best of those.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Claire Pendragon
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    The story is only sub par 1-50, because they made a watered down version of 1.0, and tried to add a spin for those who already went through it. But it ended up a mess/ruined. But going from 50+ and onward, its really good in most cases, and one of the most memorable stories in any RPG for me. (There's still those which are better, but its easily in the top 20 for me)
    (0)
    CLAIRE PENDRAGON

Player
    Character
    Annabelle Arcane
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    So I'm new to both the forums and the ARR endgame. I just hit 50 and finished up the 2.0MSQ. So I did the MSQ dungeons,and my wait time was somewhere around 5-10 min. Admittedly, I was a healer. Since then, I've ran MSQ Roulette,and again I'm getting into groups in 5 minutes or less.

I say all this because the doom and gloom makes one think queues are ridiculous. Am I just lucky because I'm a healer?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kad Windbreaker
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 80
    Yes. You are lucky you are a healer.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Shoka Hanose
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 80
    I've DPS queued for it a few times since the update and it's been popping faster than 50/60 for me. 11-15 mins as opposed to 20+, sometimes as little as 8.
    It's probably here to stay.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    C'shaira Caha
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 19
    Quote Originally Posted by teegees View Post
    Read the patch notes and don't be selfish.

There are million other things you can do if you don't like it but no other way to see the story. And it's not like the new rewards aren't exceptionally generous. 4x the xp and tokens for something that takes 3x as long.
    I think as with other dungeons, you could opt to run it unsynched or with a friend. Alternatively just ask your party to wait for you to view them yourself. Don't make the rest of us suffer it though.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lina Kirell
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by SixtyLove View Post
    And the story of this game ISN'T of average quality? Let's be real here; it was basic af in 2013 and tbh that still stands. We all know Square aren't putting out any industry award level storytelling in this game because they haven't been able to do that in well over a decade now.

If Square really gave a crap about the newbies clearing this content without being harassed to "OMG skip plz" they'd implement CM and Praetorium as duty instances with NPC's to help out for the newbies to complete first time. That way the newbie sprouts could watch the cutscenes in the duty and we would have avoided this whole thing.

To a lot of us here CM and Prae is redundant, played out content that we have done hundreds of times.... dropping it is going to seem like a no-brainer to many.
    So true.

FFXIV story is average most of the time (really dull pre 50, even) with shiny moments here and there. Anyone has the right to enjoy it the first time. But when it's the 100 th time ?
    Seeing the same cutscenes over and over again, cutscenes that btw are not internet breaking ones ? We're talking about sprouts, but please people, also put yourselves in the shoes of veterans : the sane of mind reaction to what I just described, is not going in there anymore.

The real solution to not force anything down ANYONE's throat (sprouts and veterans alike) is to turn it in a solo instance.
    (1)

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast