Player
    Character
    Zephera Mortera
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Squintina View Post
    Also why are you capped on poetics? Buy stuff with it-> sell it , Buy gear with it->GC seals-> buy stuff with it-> sell it
    Not much point on Zalera the gil you'd get for selling poetics items is hardly worth it. Everyone keeps undercutting each other to stupid low prices.

EDIT: Besides, my reasons for running it hardly matter anyway, fact is I'm not running it anymore and that's that.
    (0)
    Last edited by Zephera; 02-01-2018 at 08:14 AM.

Player
    Character
    Meira Nefertari
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousxSarcasm View Post
    I don't see the big deal. If you don't have the time/patience for it, just don't queue. There's better/faster ways to get the same thing elsewhere. Personally, I'll probably run it just because it'll give me the chance to see the cut scenes in dungeon like I wanted to on my first run 2 years ago. XD
    Your shortsight is amazing.
    "DOnt queue if you dont like it"
    Fair enough... But then the queues will be ridiculously long for other players, and that will lead to more people not queueing which leads to even longer queues and so on... They wanted to help new players by allowing them to watch cutscenes, but SE in their usual blindness forgot that you can already watch previously seen cutscenes at your inn room, making this new change completely pointless and just a pain in the ass to anyone wanting to help newbies.

But even without that, all ARR cutscenes and plot is TERRIBLE.
    I tried to queue just for shits and giggles a few hours ago. As a tank/healer it took me 10 to 15 minutes to find a party, and 1 hour and 15 minutes as a DPS.
    MSQ roulette is dead, and there is no one else to blame but SE for this.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Emma'von Katzenstreu
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 80
    maybe the whole thing is "how do we sell more storyskips on the mogshop"
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Omrah Shihk
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousxSarcasm View Post
    I don't see the big deal. If you don't have the time/patience for it, just don't queue. There's better/faster ways to get the same thing elsewhere. Personally, I'll probably run it just because it'll give me the chance to see the cut scenes in dungeon like I wanted to on my first run 2 years ago. XD
    You don't see the problem?
    I'll lay it out for you.
    20 minutes until dinner is ready.
    Queue for MSQ - should take 15 mins.
    60 minutes later, you'd finish.
    Leaving the person the option of quitting on the group or eating a cold dinner.
    Now that people KNOW of the change, that's not a valid complaint - but on day one, it absolutely was.

I'm not saying it's a problem anymore - I just haven't queued for it since then.
    It's probably the last thing on my mind...Just stumbled upon this thread again and figured I'd read any updates.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Pastahnak Popotonak
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 80
    Got 2.2mil alone for the daily bonus as a lvl 67 whitemage so that's something I guess. I'm only really gunna do this if I have the time to do it. I get to chat with people during the cut scenes so that's nice at least.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    I'zizi Pi
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 65
    MSQ roulette on my 57 pld: 700K ish exp including bonus out of 3mil to level plus 200 poetics. With cut-scenes it took about 45 minutes. I get better gains on tank just spamming the latest dungeon or pre-60 doing PoTD - plus I get to practice my level 60 rotation. I won't do that again unless it gives an entire level.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Auriana Redsteele
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 82
    Quote Originally Posted by deapee View Post
    You don't see the problem?
    I'll lay it out for you.
    20 minutes until dinner is ready.
    20 minutes is too short to be sure of not only getting through the queue but also finishing whatever it was I queued for - so no queuing for anything if time is that short.

Last time I ran Castrum/Praetorium - before 4.2 - I had to wait more than 20 mins just to get into the instances.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Mandar Magoo
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by SrKoquonfaes View Post
    Your shortsight is amazing.
    "DOnt queue if you dont like it"
    Fair enough... But then the queues will be ridiculously long for other players, and that will lead to more people not queueing which leads to even longer queues and so on... They wanted to help new players by allowing them to watch cutscenes, but SE in their usual blindness forgot that you can already watch previously seen cutscenes at your inn room, making this new change completely pointless and just a pain in the ass to anyone wanting to help newbies.

snip
    All well and good, I understand that part, but if you've read any of the replies here it's mostly "it takes so looooooong, I don't wannaaaaaaa. me me me." My comment addresses the endless whiners I see, not the overarching problems you have presented instead. Very little people seem to care about the impact on sprouts lol, though it's good to see you do. Doesn't bother me either, I've got a large FC/LS alliance with people willing to get full parties together for our sprouts. Also yes, maybe the queue times will take longer, but once they actually get in, the idea is it'll be a less stressful run than they previously were. Which I think is more important considering how many people I see quit the game for a month or longer because of how bad they feel afterward.

@Deapee What part of "if you don't have the time" is difficult to read? Obviously 20 minutes is no longer viable, so don't do it before dinner anymore lol. If you feel you never have the time, then it means you never have to run it again. -shrug- Edit: or even better yet, use all that extra cut scene time to finish cooking and eat lmao. I know I'll have youtube up or something so I don't have to watch them.
    (4)
    Last edited by SeriousxSarcasm; 02-02-2018 at 02:48 AM.

Character
    Sophie Anime
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 70
    " What about if I make dinner?" doesn't apply to this. You could use any real life situation, but you shouldn't. Square assumes you should be able to manage your own time and schedule, not that they have to do it for you. Like someone else noted, then don't queue if you're " making dinner. " If the times aren't acceptable, then again, dont queue.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Wild Mumu
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by deapee View Post
    I will not queue for this duty anymore as long as it exists.
    This. Even if they revert back the changes with cutscenes i'm not doing it anymore. If i hate something is when the game is forcing me doing some stupid s*t over and over again.
    (0)

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast