Thread: Cure 3 Blues

Player
    Character
    Valora Stoutheart
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 61
    Regarding buffs not affecting oCLD, they can still use it for succor and adlo (and deployment tactics). You pop it when you need to cast those. This downside is compensated with rouse. It increasing potency by 40% for embrace and whispering dawn. They also have the 10% one that helps embrace, dawn, adlo, deployment tactics, and succor, and the other healers in larger parties.

Keep in mine that whms off cooldown abilities are also not buffed by by that role ability either and those are the only ones I was comparing. Tetragannon, plantary indugence, asylum, divine benison, and assize are also not buffed because they too are abilities, not spells. Scholar is no worse off in that regard than any healer job.
    (0)
    Last edited by Braven; 01-31-2018 at 10:32 AM.

Player
    Character
    Roland Starwind
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Braven View Post
    I said “2 or 3 free spells” for Thin Air because I cut the benefit in half to fit the 60 second comparison window. I know you can do double that many spells, but the cooldown is a long 120 seconds for Thin Air. Regen needs to be refreshed several times in that amount of time and costs 840 mp a pop to equal embrace, along with a couple medica 2s to equal Whispering Dawn. Thin air is really just making up for the fact that whm spells are comparatively overpriced, don’t have free fairy regens, and have a 60 second mp refresh ability (assize) instead of a 45 second ability (aetherpact). This is why benedict is cheaper than Cure and Gravity cheaper than Holy, helios is cheaper than medica, and miasma 2 significantly cheaper than holy. Thin air is just making up for the fact White mage needs to spend more mana to do the same thing as the other healers.

*It is not the defining feature of the job. They really all have about the same mp economy (well, at least if AST actually used Ewer instead of Royal Roading or using minor arcana every time it comes up).
    You do know that spells for MP scales with your level right? Holy, Gravity, and Miasma2 all cost the same MP at the same level. And as I said it before, Assize can easily be a 45 second cooldown with the lillies and occasionally with the Secret of the Lily2 trait.

White Mage's MP is pretty much a non-issue if played well. Thin Air can be used in every other pull. Assize can be used often and Lucid Dreaming can be used to recover even more MP if needed.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Valora Stoutheart
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 61
    Quote Originally Posted by jstamos View Post
    Cure 3 is specifically overtuned because it requires a stacked raid. If you're using it as your main AoE heal, you are playing incorrectly.
    That was my point. It is WHM’s raid ability, even though it is often claimed they have no raid utility. The annoying part is that it requires coordination and cooperation with your team (and punishes ranged casters) while chain and cards have effectively no range problems and also help an entire raid.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Roland Starwind
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    The main complaint that WHM gets is that it has little to no utility. Regardless of having utility or not it's still not a bad job as you make it out to be. Cure3 has it's uses but it can definitely be changed or tweaked to see some more use later on because as it's stands there are better spells that WHM can use instead.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Valora Stoutheart
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 61
    Quote Originally Posted by Roll View Post
    You do know that spells for MP scales with your level right? Holy, Gravity, and Miasma2 all cost the same MP at the same level. And as I said it before, Assize can easily be a 45 second cooldown with the lillies and occasionally with the Secret of the Lily2 trait.

White Mage's MP is pretty much a non-issue if played well. Thin Air can be used in every other pull. Assize can be used often and Lucid Dreaming can be used to recover even more MP if needed.
    That is not true. Spells are not the same cost between jobs. Check the lodestone job pages. They list the mp costs at level 70. Holy is higher than gravity and much higher than miasma 2 at the same level.

Even with a stack of 3 lillies the cooldown is longer than 45 seconds, which is actually really hard to do because many of your abilities eat them all when used, like asylum, divine benison, and tetragannon.

At max lillies assize is 60 - 20%, which is: 48 seconds.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Roland Starwind
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    That is not true. Spells are not the same cost between jobs. Check the lodestone job pages. They list the mp costs at level 70. Holy is higher than gravity and much higher than miasma 2 at the same level.

Even with a stack of 3 lillies the cooldown is longer than 45 seconds, which is actually really hard to do because many of your abilities eat them all when used, like asylum, divine benison, and tetragannon.

At max lillies assize is 60 - 20%, which is: 48 seconds.
    My point still stands that MP is a non-issue for WHM and are you seriously complaining about 3 seconds? Obviously you would use the lilies for Assize then your other cooldowns unless something goes wrong and even then having Assize at 60 seconds still doesn't hinder WHM's MP management.

It honestly sounds like you just play WHM inefficiently.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Valora Stoutheart
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 61
    I am not saying whm is bad at mp management; just that it is not any better.

Basically, free fairy spells make up for Thin Air, and quicken aetherpact make up for lily potential and assize. More expensive holy make up for more expensive adlo. It all balances out to roughly the same in the end so calling white mage much better at mp management just doesn’t line up with the facts and is hardly the defining feature of whm.

The only class I have ever ran out of mp with is AST, and that was due to being greedy royal roading Ewers and then bad RNG finding one when needed. With balanced play and proper use of the duration extension ability, they also have roughly the same mp economy as WHM and SCH.

The true strength of white mage, that others don’t have too, is powerful, sustained AOE heal spamming with indugence and cure 3 (though not much actually requires it) and the strongest AOE attacks (Aero 2+Holy Spam)
    (0)
    Last edited by Braven; 01-31-2018 at 09:46 AM.

Player
    Character
    Ilyrian Silvermoon
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Cure 3 is amazing.
    There are numerous times when it is unparalleled in its greatness. If that random ranged doesn't want to get in on the love that's their fault, not the spells.
    Leave Cure 3 alone!
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Valora Stoutheart
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 61
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilyrian View Post
    Cure 3 is amazing.
    There are numerous times when it is unparalleled in its greatness. If that random ranged doesn't want to get in on the love that's their fault, not the spells.
    Leave Cure 3 alone!
    We need a public service announcement telling all DPS to stick together when a white mage is in the party. If the meta moves even more toward melee dps, I guess this won’t be a problem hitting everyone with Cure 3. Given the monk buffs and summoner nerfs, it us looking more likely.

Note: I don’t really want Cure 3 changed. I just want players in general to be aware that spreading out for no reason makes things harder on us healers; particularly white mage. We want to use our best spell, even if it might be overkill. Please help us out so we don’t have to use the whimpy medica 1!
    (0)
    Last edited by Braven; 01-31-2018 at 02:31 PM.

Player
    Character
    Ilyrian Silvermoon
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    We need a public service announcement telling all DPS to stat clumped when a white mage is in the party. If the meta moves even more toward melee dps, I guess this won’t be a problem. Given the monk buffs and summoner nerfs, maybe this will happen.

Note: I don’t really want Cure 3 changed. I just want players in general to be away that spreading out for no reason makes things harder on healers; particularly white mage. We want to use best spell. Please help us out so we don’t have to use the slower, weaker medica 1!
    When you get your WHM into current end game content you'll see that people generally do (in PF groups anyway).
    I don't think there's anything more satisfying as landing cure 3 just as Meteor hits in o4 for example.
    (1)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast