Player
    Character
    Squintina Nightgard
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Vexander View Post
    Been doing the MSQ Roulette on a job I've been leveling for a few days now. Every single one has been Praetorium. It's enough to start discouraging me from doing the MSQ Roulette at all. I've heard Meridianum is nice and quick, about 30 minutes, but Praetorium feels about an hour longer.

At least I can look forward to the vague chance of getting a Nero Triad Card, I suppose. It's the only one I'm missing from the four Garleans of ARR.

If I needed to make a suggestion, Praetorium should yield a lot more in terms of rewards than it does now. Unfortunately I'm aware that's not possible to distinguish the two.
    Actually if you want to level you should be happy to get Praetorium.

CM is actually closer to 35 minutes. If you get even just 1 or both tanks that are new, that can increase to 45 minutes if they do not know the order to go in (*cough* like missing out on the incidiaries) and a lot of the other players just follow along without ever paying attention to that, so backtracking can easily add a lot of minutes to a run)

Praetorium is 45-55 minutes. So it's less than double the time of CM, while giving MORE than double the exp. A lot of people don't realize that the roulette exp reward actually DOES change based on which of the 2 dungeons you get.

So while Praet might take longer, it gives a better experience per time ratio.

And the reason I know that is because unlike a lot of other people, I did not go by "feels like".
    I actually recorded time spent and experience given for real runs both before and after the patch in order to make my comparisons.

MSQ roulette likes to give me CM, and it annoys me because I know it's the inferior leveler AND it has at least 3 annoying CS right in the middle of battle. Praeorium's CS are at least in between battles so you can feel safe to step away.

CM however is dangerous to step away from during those CS. Since this game is horrible at applying things to a party at exactly the same time, some people's CS start 1-2 seconds later and thus end 1-2 seconds later. That means for a brief few seconds, someone becomes attackable while the rest of the party can't do anything. That means that the healers (which is what I usually queue has) have to IMMEDIATELY heal that person or they will die. Praetorium's CS never have that.
    (6)
    Last edited by Squintina; 03-10-2018 at 06:39 AM.

Player
    Character
    Rin Black
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Squintina View Post
    Praetorium is 45-55 minutes. So it's less than double the time of CM, while giving MORE than double the exp. A lot of people don't realize that the roulette exp reward actually DOES change based on which of the 2 dungeons you get.

So while Praet might take longer, it gives a better experience per time ratio.
    That's good to know, thanks for clarifying it. That said, I'm not sure the rewards are enough for the hassle for either of the two then. Still, better than nothing.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Elan Centauri
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    I'm guessing they'd need to provide more incentive for vets to run it. If that's all we get for the time we spend...no thanks. This was the wrong approach to the issue I think. If nothing else they should have been made solo instances. Would feel just as epic and no one would ever need to be/feel rushed. But if they are standing firm on this, they need to make it worth peoples' time.
    (5)
    Quote Originally Posted by Naoki_Yoshida View Post
    Personal Housing
    While I cannot give a specific date on when personal housing will be implemented, I can say that prices will be completely separate from free company housing, and, naturally, far more affordable.

Player
    Character
    Diantha Sunstone
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 70
    I feel like tuning the rewards even higher won't help. We're already basically given a guaranteed level-up doing the roulette, and we currently don't have any current content that needs poetics to speed up progression (an issue marked by doing Eureka instead of a relic weapon grind.)

I also have a hard time staring at a "more than 30 minutes" queue time and not pulling out for leveling instead.

It's not just time taken to complete the dungeon, it's also the waiting and hoping you can get in.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Reimi Ackerman
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 51
    If it gave Creation or Mendacity to 70s I might consider it. Poetics are less than useless no matter how many it gives you.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Lho Polaali
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 23
    Wonder if they'll add the new buffed awards in 4.25. And if so, how ridiculous or not it'll be
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Elan Centauri
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyKaplan View Post
    Wonder if they'll add the new buffed awards in 4.25. And if so, how ridiculous or not it'll be
    Some daily cracked clusters couldn't hurt, figured I'd throw a suggestion their way. It could be for level 70s only, or something like that. Maybe a bonus cluster or 2 for adventurer in need. Enough people get them from hunts anyway that it wouldn't affect the materia VI market much. They are already cheap compared to how much they were going for at SB launch.
    (2)
    Last edited by Vahlnir; 03-10-2018 at 04:02 PM.
    Personal Housing
    While I cannot give a specific date on when personal housing will be implemented, I can say that prices will be completely separate from free company housing, and, naturally, far more affordable.

Player
    Character
    Lho Polaali
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 23
    Quote Originally Posted by Vahlnir View Post
    Some daily cracked clusters couldn't hurt, figured I'd throw a suggestion their way. It could be for level 70s only, or something like that. Maybe a bonus cluster or 2 for adventurer in need. Enough people get them from hunts anyway that it wouldn't affect the materia VI market much. They are already cheap compared to how much they were going for at SB launch.
    That's actually exactly why that wouldn't be much of an incentive for a lot of people.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Elan Centauri
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyKaplan View Post
    That's actually exactly why that wouldn't be much of an incentive for a lot of people.
    Well yeah, but it'd be a start. lol
    (1)
    Personal Housing

Player
    Character
    Cecelia Stormfeather
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Hakuro89 View Post
    If it gave Creation or Mendacity to 70s I might consider it. Poetics are less than useless no matter how many it gives you.
    Amusingly, I ran it yesterday entirely because it gives poetics. Levelling GSM desynth, and there's a gap around 210 where you can't really make anything practical and 230 poetics items are your best bet until you can make 255 Triphane rings. Mendacity wouldn't entice me at all because I get capped from Sigma and expert so fast. I don't even know what to spend Creation on now.
    (2)
    Survivor of Housing Savage 2018.
    Discord: Tridus#2642

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast