Quote Originally Posted by Roth_Trailfinder View Post
the moment I use another plate (say, the Leatherworker plate on my LTW) because the gear is shared, it overwrites the fact that the weaver glamour plate was used, and Weaver gear goes back to looking like the old i320/290.
I think I see the problem. You are using shared gear for all of your crafting jobs and applying glamours that are specific to each crafting job. The glamour plates work exactly as if you'd applied the glamours individually, putting the glamour directly onto the gear - each piece of gear will stay glamoured until you redo it, either by applying individual glamours or another plate. So when you put on your Leatherworker plate, it's all job-specific and when your Weaver equips the gear it will simply display the base gear as the Leatherworker-specific glamour won't show for Weaver. You have to use a new plate each time you switch jobs in order to get the effect you're seeking. That's why they released the macro information for switching a gearset and glamour plate at the same time. I believe it's /gearset 1 2 (where '1' is the gearset number and '2' is the glamour plate number). They did say they are looking into tying glamour plates to gearsets in the future, too.