Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Master Matsume
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 50

[dev1297] The Grand Company quartermaster now stocks the following items...

Quote Originally Posted by NOC_JP
    [dev1297] The Grand Company quartermaster now stocks the following items exchangeable for company seals:

≪Storm Sergeant Third Class≫
    Item Details

Storm Sergeant's Sarouel Unique Untradable Pants
    Suits All Classes
    Required Level 50 Defense: 96
    Craftsmanship: +15
    Evasion: +18
    Attack Power: +11

Storm Sergeant's Crakows Unique Untradable Shoes
    Suits All Classes
    Required Level 50 Defense: 50
    Mag. Craftsmanship: +12
    Evasion: +15
    Magic Evasion: +8

≪Serpent Sergeant Third Class≫
    Item Details

Serpent Sergeant's Sarouel Unique Untradable Pants
    Suits All Classes
    Required Level 50 Defense: 96
    Craftsmanship: +15
    Evasion: +21
    Attack Power: +9

Serpent Sergeant's Crakows Unique Untradable Shoes
    Suits All Classes
    Required Level 50 Defense: 50
    Mag. Craftsmanship: +12
    Evasion: +12
    Magic Evasion: +10

≪Flame Sergeant Third Class≫
    Item Details

Flame Sergeant's Skirt Unique Untradable Pants
    Suits All Classes
    Required Level 50 Defense: 132
    HP:+32 STR:+7
    Evasion: +9

Flame Sergeant's Thighboots Unique Untradable Shoes
    Suits All Classes
    Required Level 50 Defense: 56
    HP:+24 VIT:+4
    Evasion: +12
    I must admit I was instantly dissapointed upon seeing the stats applied to these items.

I dare say this is completely non-sensical.

So here I am, asking you the Devs, to explain to me and my fellow adventurers the logic behind +Craftmanship and +Magic Craftmanship stats on an item that carries +Evasion and +Magic Evansion (Storm and Serpent Sergeants). Furthermore, to salt the wounds, the Flame Sergeant gear gets +HP instead of +craft- a LOGICAL addition to a gear meant for battle.

WHY? Why can't you implement a separate set of Grand Company gear for crafting, gathering, and battle classes? You show us you are capable of doing this by adding the +craft and +gather rings alongside +SB bracelet. LOGICAL STATS. And now THIS?

Seriously? Why not add crafting / gathering gear that adds stats that are beneficial to the class itself? +Output +Perception +Gathering WITH +MND/VIT for miners, +DEX/PIE for fishers, and +STR/INT for loggers etc. for the crafting classes.

I must admit I feel embarassed to even bring this up, but I need a logical explanation for this. These Items take A LOT of time to acquire (1K seals/hr = 4 hours for one item). At this point I'm just NOT interested in these items. I need a sense of logic.

Patiently awaiting your response,
    Master Mastsume
    Thank you for reading
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Duuude Bismarck
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Matsume View Post
    I must admit I feel embarassed to even bring this up, but I need a logical explanation for this. These Items take A LOT of time to acquire (1K seals/hr = 4 hours for one item).
    I know I don't "math good", but these items cost 5k, not 4k...
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Zetsumei Tsunarashi
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    How do you get 1k seals an hour ? >.>
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Matsume View Post
    I must admit I was instantly dissapointed upon seeing the stats applied to these items.

I dare say this is completely non-sensical.

So here I am, asking you the Devs, to explain to me and my fellow adventurers the logic behind +Craftmanship and +Magic Craftmanship stats on an item that carries +Evasion and +Magic Evansion (Storm and Serpent Sergeants). Furthermore, to salt the wounds, the Flame Sergeant gear gets +HP instead of +craft- a LOGICAL addition to a gear meant for battle.

WHY? Why can't you implement a separate set of Grand Company gear for crafting, gathering, and battle classes? You show us you are capable of doing this by adding the +craft and +gather rings alongside +SB bracelet. LOGICAL STATS. And now THIS?

Seriously? Why not add crafting / gathering gear that adds stats that are beneficial to the class itself? +Output +Perception +Gathering WITH +MND/VIT for miners, +DEX/PIE for fishers, and +STR/INT for loggers etc. for the crafting classes.

I must admit I feel embarassed to even bring this up, but I need a logical explanation for this. These Items take A LOT of time to acquire (1K seals/hr = 4 hours for one item). At this point I'm just NOT interested in these items. I need a sense of logic.

Patiently awaiting your response,
    Master Mastsume
    Thank you for reading
    It will never happen, that would be using common sense, which hasn't been implemented yet....
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Raldo Volca
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 80
    I am completely baffled by the OP. First you want to know why they don't implement a separate set for each discipline, then you complain that the items cost too much?

I don't even understand what your complaint is.

Oh no, this gear is all-classes and is multi-purpose?! The horror!
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Yoso Carrasco
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 74
    Um... in case you didn't realize, this gear was added due to complaints that the Ul'dah Company was unbalanced reward-wise because they had exclusive pants and shoes that beat out the crafting stats of any other available piece of gear in those slots.

Therefore, they added gear with the same crafting stats (pants and shoes) to the other companies while giving the Ul'dah company their own new pieces of gear specifically for combat classes.

Previous items:

Serpent Sergeant's Kecks
    Serpent Sergeant's Moccasins

Storm Sergeant's Trousers
    Storm Sergeant's Leggings

Flame Sergeant's Sarouel
    Flame Sergeant's Crakows
    (4)
    Last edited by Estellios; 01-20-2012 at 04:22 PM.

Player
    Character
    Master Matsume
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Duuude007 View Post
    I know I don't "math good", but these items cost 5k, not 4k...
    You are right. I wrote this before checking the cost and was pulling my numbers from faulty memory. Thanks for the correction Duuude007, you have actually contributed in a positive manner to my post.

Quote Originally Posted by Zetsumei_Tsunarashi View Post
    How do you get 1k seals an hour ? >.>
    Caravan Security with a good group can net you between 160 and 240 Seals per 12 Minute run x5/hour = 800-1200/hr (2000/2= 1K/hr avg)

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    I am completely baffled by the OP. First you want to know why they don't implement a separate set for each discipline, then you complain that the items cost too much?

I don't even understand what your complaint is.

Oh no, this gear is all-classes and is multi-purpose?! The horror!
    Baffled as you may be, that is how I felt when I saw the stats on these items.

Now, I will correct you on your understanding of my post- not a complaint, but rather a demand of reason:

Firstly: I am dissapointed, It is in the first line.

Secondly: I find these items non-sensical (do you know what this means Raldo?)

Thirdly: I am asking for an explanation as to why 2/3 Grand Company gears have Crafting stats applied to what appears to be a battle orientated piece of equipment; the other Grand company (Flames) obviously is pure battle with no craft stats applied.

Fourthly: I am asking for the logic involved in the creation of such items rather than separate gears with appropriate stats applied for their purpose (+Control +Mgc craft + craft on ONE piece of gear) (+Gather +Perception +ouput on ONE piece of gear)

Fifth: Why apply stats that do not benefit the purpose of the gear?

Sixth: Five hours MINIMUM for this piece of gear, <thanks for the offer but i'll have to pass> I didn't say they "cost too much" did I? That is your ASSumption, I said I dont find them appealing given the cost in time and seals.

Quote Originally Posted by Estellios View Post
    Um... in case you didn't realize, this gear was added due to complaints that the Ul'dah Company was unbalanced reward-wise because they had exclusive pants and shoes that beat out the crafting stats of any other available piece of gear in those slots.

Therefore, they added gear with the same crafting stats (pants and shoes) to the other companies while giving the Ul'dah company their own new pieces of gear specifically for combat classes.
    This doesn't make the fact that they are mixing stats that have nothing to do with one another on the same piece of gear making this NON SENSE and ILLOGICAL. If that is the reason why, so be it, but that is not a reason why the medly of stats just dont appear logical in any sense. Why bother having stats such as DEX, INT, PIE, STR, VIT, and MND affect their own respective crafts if these stats don't even appear on a piece of gear that is meant to be used for crafting purposes?

I will bump this thread until I get a response, from a DEV not another adventurer that cannot even understand the train of thought in my Original Post.
    (0)
    Last edited by Matsume; 01-21-2012 at 05:36 AM. Reason: Organizing.

Player
    Character
    Master Matsume
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 50
    Still waiting...
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Master Matsume
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 50
    am i really the only player that wants an explanation for this?
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Raldo Volca
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 80
    The gear is general-purpose, so it will have a wide array of stats on it. I think you are the only player who has a problem with general-purpose gear, I guess. Do you get mad every time you see a piece of gear with Control, Output, and Magic Evasion? It's only non-sensical if there's a stat on it that doesn't benefit any of the jobs that can wear it. Sure, you can't benefit from all the stats at once, but lots of other gear does that too.

The Immortal Flames pieces added are more battle-oriented because they already got their general-purpose pieces (see: Flame Sergeant's Crackows, and Flame Sergeant's Sarouel). Did you miss these battle-oriented pieces from the other GCs: Serpent Sergeant's Kecks, Serpent Sergeant's Moccasins, Storm Sergeant's Leggings, and Storm Sergeant's Trousers? Maybe those will placate you.

Saying that something takes too long to obtain is the same as saying it costs to much. The only way to decrease the time it takes to obtain would be to either make it cheaper or make seals easier to get, so no, I wouldn't call it an "ASSumption" to say that you claimed they cost too much, since you said they "take A LOT of time to acquire".

There will be more ranks in the future, I'm sure specialized gear will come with time. Personally, I love this general-purpose gear. It saves me inventory space and having to spend tons of seals.

Also, caravan security is every 15 minutes, not 12, so you can only do 4 per hour.
    (3)
    Last edited by Raldo; 01-21-2012 at 12:08 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast