Player
    Character
    Kissa Kotele
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Metalwrath View Post
    A simple thing to do would be to put in some kind of housing tax that has to be paid every week for upkeep of a house.Set at the right rate it could potentially cripple house hoarders and force them to relinquish some of their property due to upkeep.
    Also you could have the houses relinquished if after a certain period of time payments were being made.Make it a month or so.This could free up all the properties for those who never log on but still own property.
    That's still punishing someone for not breaking a rule though :/

On top of adding another form of payment to people who could afford their house and only that. Or would a tax only apply to owners of multiple houses on a single account? Just more needless complication for a problem they themselves caused. Unless they decide to forcibly remove the houses or offer some manner of incentive to give up houses, ward owners will keep their houses and there's not much beyond subjective morality to make them wrong. I say this as someone who is only a co-owner of a house so I have no real dog in this fight until they make personal plots open for purchase again
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Fiona Silverstorm
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    A good idea but with that rule you also punish that are honest. I think an idea would be for you first/primary house you pay zero tax and for the next one (i just take a number) 100.000 gil per weak and than for each addional house this tax would multiply. So for example if you own 4 private plots your first costs 0Gil, second 100kgil, third 200kgil and last one 400kgil. So you have to pay for all plots a total of 700kgil per week. Something like that should motivate hoartes to get rid off all plots they dont need.

The problem with most people these days is that they only correct their behavior if they get punished or can get punished. If you did something bad in the past it still can backfire at you later, same goes for stuff like that in games. People shouldnt need a rule for everything just to know that what they do is wrong.
    (3)
    Last edited by Missbone; 01-30-2018 at 06:31 AM.

Player
    Character
    Beastmistress Milk
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Metalwrath View Post
    A simple thing to do would be to put in some kind of housing tax that has to be paid every week for upkeep of a house.Set at the right rate it could potentially cripple house hoarders and force them to relinquish some of their property due to upkeep.
    Also you could have the houses relinquished if after a certain period of time payments were being made.Make it a month or so.This could free up all the properties for those who never log on but still own property.
    that wont work, because one of two things would happen:
    People with lots of houses wouldn't care because it would be too cheap for them
    making it high enough for them to care and MAYBE force them out of some housing would mean 90% of the playerbase would not be able keep up. They are rich to begin with if they have that many houses, so it would be hard to impact them with a tax. The only way to impact people like that would to be making it so high most players owning one wouldn't be able to.

Quote Originally Posted by Missbone View Post
    A good idea but with that rule you also punish that are honest. I think an idea would be for you first/primary house you pay zero tax and for the next one (i just take a number) 100.000 gil per weak and than for each addional house this tax would multiply. So for example if you own 4 private plots your first costs 0Gil, second 100kgil, third 200kgil and last one 400kgil. So you have to pay for all plots a total of 700kgil per week. Something like that should motivate hoartes to get rid off all plots they dont need.
    lolnope

Quote Originally Posted by SilverObi View Post

On top of adding another form of payment to people who could afford their house and only that. Or would a tax only apply to owners of multiple houses on a single account? Just more needless complication for a problem they themselves caused. Unless they decide to forcibly remove the houses or offer some manner of incentive to give up houses, ward owners will keep their houses and there's not much beyond subjective morality to make them wrong. I say this as someone who is only a co-owner of a house so I have no real dog in this fight until they make personal plots open for purchase again
    That is the only fair way, they would need give intensives to give it up, like full plot reimbursement for one. Another would be letting all characters on the account on server access the one house.
    (3)
    Last edited by Vstarstruck; 01-30-2018 at 06:34 AM.

Player
    Character
    Y'sira Kurai
    World
    Halicarnassus
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90
    700kgil per week.
    You must not make a lot of money in game if you think 700k is a lot of money.
    (10)

Character
    Shinigami Zetta
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90

The problem with most people these days is that they only correct their behavior if they get punished or can get punished. If you did something bad in the past it still can backfire at you later, same goes for stuff like that in games. People shouldnt need a rule for everything just to know that what they do is wrong.

Not to be rude but tax system really would only make people complain more. Over all 700k is not much ( can be done in a day or less if you know how )...still why should we who put the time and effort to get plots suffer for people not being dedicated to find one. I anted it bad enough so took a day off and got one. Plain and simple.

Also why do people want multiple plots? I wanted them for FC workshops / gardening / and to be honest build up FC' housing and selling them.. Was a pain but was not hard.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Sigma Alpheratz
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    If SE wants everything to be fair and transparent then the only solution is to expropriate all the private housing and FC states from players whom have more than one of each under the same world and service account, such players get to choose which ones they want to keep naturally!...

In order to compensate for the new restrictions SE must allow all characters under the same world and service account to automatically be able to share the private property and to have the same rights as the original owner!...
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Fiona Silverstorm
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by LaylaTsarra View Post
    Before you flame plz read the whole Text and understand the point that the number whas just an example and like i said your first private and fc house are free.
    Btw. 700k are not realy mutch, i make that in less than a week without even focusing on money just by doing normal stuff (like dailys, dungeon and selling retainer quick mission items).

Quote Originally Posted by ManuelBravo View Post
    Not to be rude but tax system really would only make people complain more. Over all 700k is not much ( can be done in a day or less if you know how )...still why should we who put the time and effort to get plots suffer for people not being dedicated to find one. I anted it bad enough so took a day off and got one. Plain and simple.

Also why do people want multiple plots? I wanted them for FC workshops / gardening / and to be honest build up FC' housing and selling them.. Was a pain but was not hard.
    Sry but i think this statement is just arrogant on my server plots where sold out since years, when Stormblood came out all new plots where sold out within few minutes. A lot of players that wanted to buy a house didnt even had a chance to enter the new wards in time because of connection issues and lets dont even mention new players. 10 Guildmates tried to buy a house when servers got on only 1 got lucky, maybe im rude but with the way things are right now no one should be able to own more than 1 private 1 FC house per World per Account.
    (2)
    Last edited by Missbone; 01-30-2018 at 06:51 AM.

Player
    Character
    Diantha Sunstone
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by LaylaTsarra View Post
    I wouldn't be able to handle that kind of fee as I don't like to craft or gather, yet I own an apartment and have enough to buy a small plot.... but there are no open plots to buy.

Right now I think they want to wait for how the market plays out to plan how to proceed with private housing options. Since flipping is going to be ruined and no one can buy a second plot if they have, that could potentially repair a good bit.

It's just seeing how fast these new plots go for FCs, since we don't know how many FCs want housing on each server. I'm honestly expecting it to be another bloodbath, everything gone in under an hour, even on lowpop servers, but then maybe SE will finally get it that we need an actual alternative from the neighborhood system they got now for personal housing.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Y'sira Kurai
    World
    Halicarnassus
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90
    Before you flame plz read the whole Text and understand the point that the number whas just an example and like i said your first private and fc house are free.
    It's wasn't a flame. It was a comment. And I'll add that the developers have better things to do than spend time coding a housing system to charge rent to home owners. People complain we get one dungeon every other patch and their time is more valuable than catering to those of you who want to punish people who did nothing wrong.

The dev team has gone on the record that current multi home owners will get to keep their homes and that the new rules will apply to new purchases only. I seriously doubt they are going to change their minds. In a few hours we'll learn more about what they have in mind for the housing system and methods of purchasing them.
    (4)
    Last edited by LaylaTsarra; 01-30-2018 at 06:47 AM.

Player
    Character
    Rhulk Roegan
    World
    Raiden
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverObi View Post

Lets be realistic here.SE did not cause the problem.The player community did.Nobody told them to go out and buy as many houses as possible and screw every other player out of it to make money.
    Yes SE should have put measures in places to prevent the issue but this issue was created by the community.
    (10)

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast