Character
    Pepper Mint
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70

My Chocobo's Keeper

Dear Mimigun,

It was you sweet Mimigun who gave me my first chocobo ride, this I write to you, and all the underappreciated chocobo porters across Eorzea:

You ferry us to and fro
    Hands unclasped we are at last free to take a wee
    From no monster shall we run afoul,
    Our woes and worries we shan’t behowl
    Tis yonder way, a journey
    And yet, though the trails do wind
    At our destination a keeper to find
    Harbors to hills, from towns to mills
    A porter stands watch never to botch
    His duty clear and stables strong
    For what could go wrong?
    KWEH! The noble graceful chocobo
    lest he rest naught for jest!
    For a trot I shall never forget
    great love, and forever beget
    My chocobo’s keeper!

Love,
    Pepper Mint

Noble Barding
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Claire' Farron
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 40

To My Sweet Jellybean

Dear Y’shtola,

I love your hair! It’s snowy, it’s white… I’ve already decided I’m going to change the color of mine to match yours. I bet your tail is so soft and cozy, too. I’m sure I would hold onto it, if we walked side-by-side. You would let me, wouldn’t you? I am your biggest fan, after all, even if I’m just a tad too small. Or! I could make my own tail and tie it to yours, so we never have to separate. Wouldn’t that be fun? I’ll be a travel-size you! Oh, my little lalafell feet are curling in my boots from the excitement! Now, if only I could gather enough gil to change my name…

Anyway, I hope you had a great Valentione’s Day!

Your smaller half,
    E’clair Farron

Letter by E’clair Farron, Adamantoise. If selected as a winner, I would appreciate the Noble Barding.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Eliumi Natti
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 70

Letter to a Lovely Lady

To Lady Yugiri,

My dearest friend, I pray that this letter has found its way to you safely into your hands. I know I’m not a woman of many words so I’ve decided to put my thoughts and feelings through pen and parchment instead.

I have fallen in love with you.

I have fallen for the Yugiri who would travel continents out of love for her country and people.
    I have fallen for the Yugiri who has been a stalwart support for the Scions time and time again.
    I have fallen for the Yugiri who has proven to be loyal, reliable, dauntless in the face of danger time and time again.

To you, who once dared me to hope when I thought all was lost, who now inexorably sends my heart aflutter whenever we meet, I would selfishly ask to forever stay by your side and be a part of the world you love so much.

I am without a doubt certain you are very busy, but if you would may, I would like to see you at the peak of Kugane Tower tomorrow evening. I hope to see you soon!

Yours truly,
    Eliumi

-----------

Written by Eliumi Natti of Leviathan
    I would love the Bluebird Earrings please!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Zinnia Cloverheart
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 70
    To my dearest Thordan VII
    I love you, tis true
    With your outfit trimmed in blue.

But not for your glory, or your might
    Instead what I really love is your fright
    An almost valiant struggle against the Light.

When I walked into the grounds of the Allagan’s realm
    Deaths of my beloved fresh on my mind, my grief enough to overwhelm
    When I saw you and your wards shift in a burst of cold light
    I was in love.

Here there were no Ishgardian laws, no holds, no rules
    This was a language I truly knew
    Of combat, of blood, a dangerous and long battle that would brew
    A knowledge that would be your bane, and with that power I flew

Against your and your wards’ blades.

Meteors and a dragon’s gaze,
    Ice and a burning blaze,
    Could not prevent the ways
    I had learned to deal with primals like you

And at last you had fallen, your Heavensward dissipating first,
    But you did not immediately burst
    Into aetherical remains,
    Instead you remained, cowed in fear.

I did not smile upon your fate,
    I could not, when those I lost were those I held dear,
    It was only when I saw your fear,
    That I hoped perhaps that I could use my strength to protect the ones who were near.

In that sense, I thank you Thordan,
    For you were the source of the promise I made
    To use the light coursing in my veins
    To be a protector of the downtrodden,
    To be my enemies’ most feared bane.
    Know this, my love for you, Thordan,
    Will become my strength so that others need not die in vain.

-Angriest'madre Nana
    [If won I'd like it on a different character than in the letter]
    [Character: Zinnia Cloverheart]
    [World: Coeurl]
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Illowolf Coriome
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 60

Shadows of the Heart

Yugiri,

We have been through much together, you and I. From the first time I met you on the steps of the Royal Promenade in Ul'dah, I knew our lives would be entwined. Your unwavering desire to protect your people mirrors my own, and I sensed in you a kindred spirit.

From settling your people in their new home in Eorzea, to battling the might of the eikons and their followers to save the world from destruction, to fighting side-by-side in our desperate struggle to reclaim your lost homeland, you have ever been a constant friend and ally, even when all seemed lost.

And yet, through all of your efforts, you have never been one to idly boast, or to request any kind of reward for yourself. Many have called me a hero, or other fanciful names too unnecessary to name here. However, what many fail to realize is when they have one they name a hero, that person has a hero of their own. You are, and will forever remain, my hero, as I continue to look to you as an example of the kind of individual I always wish to be. I know I am not alone in this, as other adventurers recognize the sacrifices you have made in your unwavering devotion. You strike from the shadows without hesitation, so each dawn may be brighter than the last. However, you do not go unnoticed. For myself, and every fortunate soul with the opportunity to meet you, you shall also always reside in the shadows of the heart.

Your friend and companion,

Illo

---------------------------------

Written by Illowolf Coriome of Leviathan, would love the Bluebird Earrings!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Amelie Leblanc
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 54

My dearest Delivery Moogle,

You might have thought that I was awaiting a letter from my sweetheart, but in all honesty, you are all I have waited for. What can I say about your delightful features? For instance, one of my favorite aspects of you, my dear Moogle, is in your immense strength. Not even the Good King Moggle Mog, Twelfth of His Name, could carry and deliver my letters and parcels with such majesty and grace, without so much as shattering his spine. With all of your endurance and elegance, you’ve truly delivered a letter to my heart.

And that’s not all!

From your creamy white fur, to your ever-askew cap, I adore every ilm of you; however, what I love most, out of all your precious traits, is the scarlet pom dangling oh-so-delicately atop your head. What a magnificent pom it is! If I only could, I would even extract it from you. Protests be damned, I would gladly add it to my collection. Which reminds me, have you brought me my scythe from the Botanists’ Guild? I cannot harvest without it, my dear. I hope you love flowers as much as I do!

Until the end of time,
    Amelie Leblanc

-----------------

Character: Amelie Leblanc
    World: Faerie
    Prize: Noble Barding
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Cocotte Marcelius
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 60

My Favorite Purple Octopus

My dearest Ultros,

No words can adequately capture the joy I felt when we first met at the Moonfire Faire. I remember feeling absolutely awestruck as I playfully jabbed you with my lance, trying to keep you from looking at other women. I hope you got the message! There is no deeper purple than that of your noble, supple skin, so scintillating and sublime in its slimy smooth texture; no more radiant gold than your eyes, which enthusiastically curl up as you make that delightfully devilish grin. I want nothing more than to be wrapped in the embrace of your luscious tentacles, and feel the warmth of your suction cups as we swim to the Isle of Eternal Summer. I long to hear the ‘Gwee-hee-hee!’ of your shrill, yet soothing voice as we dive into the cerulean depths. Our love is deeper than any ocean, and its blazing hot passion would make the most delectable Seafood Soup. I know you hate muscleheads, but will you please be mine, my sensuous cephalopod?

With all my love,
    Cocotte Marcelius

-----
    Character: Cocotte Marcelius
    World: Faerie

Best of luck to everyone! (^^)
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Dilly Pickle
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 80

The Letter

Yugiri

Though I hast not the talents of a bard, I hast a choice of words addressed to thee, shouldst my voice forget to speak:

How I long for thee, Walker of the Mists and Shadows.

For thou art a labyrinth wherein I oft do naught but lose myself. Yet I shall not yield to fear and panic for my core and soul concede to thee.

'O dearest Mistwalker, maiden of such giving lands. I bow my head before thy gaze, thine eye of misty greys. For, in thy presence, I’m akin to a chocobo before a storm.

This heart, though tempered by magicks and steels alike, doth yearn for none but thee alone.

I wouldst confirm with thee thy thoughts upon this matter.
    Shouldst thou seek my being out, 'twould be the yonder pier from whence I ventured unto the depths of thy former Doman Castle;
    My presence there is certain on the fourteenth cycle of the First Umbral Moon.

Sincerely,

Dilly Pickle
    --------------------------------------------

Character: Dilly Pickle
    World: Leviathan
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Abri Anna
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 70
    Eorzea missed connections.
    To my secret shark man at Camp Bronze Lake.
    It’s been many nights since I’ve been back at that hot spring but I hope you recall it just as fondly as I do. We did not exchange words, in fact I didn’t move at all in your presence. Silently, yet carefully, you scanned me over with such intensity that I all but melted in place. It was such a comfort. That night I knew you were seeing me for the real me. And every time afterwards, when you somehow knew to always be there, it didn’t matter my shape, my class or where I was in life. Your stare was true. It was determined. Almost.. Admiration. Honestly that’s the unreal part I fancy I may be imagining for my own kicks. How could you admire me when I only came to that specific hot spring, again and again, to see you? It was you I admired. You looked through people and found their soul all the while displaying yourself and your own weakness. Quietly and secluded you left the world to its own and bathed. There was intense power and history to your movements. In that hot spring we were all on the same level and it didn't’t matter. We were all raw and our true selves. I felt sinful visiting you after this discovery. Yet I still miss you. I’m hard at work for now, but I often fantasize and dream about a time when I will return to that hot spring and look over to that particular pool. Will you be there to greet me then still washing doubts down your shoulder? Will our eyes meet with the same electricity all time in between never happened? Will you smile?
    Until we meet again,
    Abri Anna

(1)

Player
    Character
    Luna Joy
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80

You are always here with me...

Dearest Aymeric,

As the malms grow between us, so too the days turn into weeks, mayhap even months. And though you may scarce believe it, what with my many grievances of the dreary, unforgiving weather, I have since come to miss the constant cold and snowy skies of Ishgard. Of home. I long mostly for our nights together at House Borel; of the warmth and comfort of your hearth and often overflowing cups of tea, and most assuredly of your embrace.

As the fate of the realm continues to fall solidly upon my shoulders, I am forever caught in a riptide of pain, endurance and tribulation. A never ending search for truth, and peace for Eorzea and lands beyond. Alphinaud is always quick to remind me of our duty to protect the realm, a legacy that as Scions of the Seventh Dawn, we are sworn to uphold. And yet as young as he still is, he has yet to feel the pull of obligation to ones own heart. To wake in the night calling your name, to reach out for an endless dream; that one day, the fighting will end, and our time together will come. That I might spend the rest of my life in your arms, and wake to find your eyes upon me in the early hours of each and every day, is all I ever fight for.

For it is all of that, that I make you this promise:

No matter how far I travel or how long I am away, our hearts are tethered, and bound as one. And come what may, I will always find my way back to you. Always.

Yours forever,
    Luna

Luna Joy
    Phoenix Server. Prize: Noble Barding.
    (0)
    "If it is a sin to covet honor, I am the most offending soul" ~Shakespeare

Page 37 of 38 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 LastLast