Player
    Character
    Aldous Fletcher
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 70
    To her majesty, the Ruby Princess.

I pray that this message finds you well Kurenai. Hopefully your duties as the Ruby Princess have not been too tedious or dull. I especially hope that harm hasn’t come your way either from those creatures of the void.

While assisting the Blue Kojin of Tamamizu, my tasks now every now and then bring me near Sui-no-Sato. Seeing the village every so often reminds me of when I first met you there and of the journey we undertook together in order to wake Hisui. The memory of that adventure is something I look back on fondly. And so my thoughts of you have compelled me to send you this letter.

The last we bade farewell, we both expressed our wishes that we would meet each other once again. Even Shiosai had hoped that it would not be the last time we saw each other as well. For he had realized that letting you go out into the world had allowed you to grow and he had thanked me for being there with you.

So I hope that as soon as you are able, we can meet once more and go on another adventure. We can go and see the lands beyond the Ruby Sea. We can forge new tales together. And hopefully our legends will turn out to have a happy ending for us just like it did the Hyuran Fisherman and the Ruby Princess.

Until then, warm regards.

And if the one reading this letter is a certain look-alike that’s swapped places, I would like to give you my warm regards as well Hisui. I hope you can pass this message along to Kurenai when next you see her.

Aldous Fletcher - Cactuar
    Scarf of Wondrous Wit
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Suddenly Catgirls
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 70
    My dear friend,

I know how strange it is to receive a letter from me. We see each other nearly every week, helping the families of the resistance. It's such solemn but enriching work. I know how heavily it weighs upon you, and a recent visit to Gridania inspired me to take action. An Ishgardian noblewoman by the name of Lisette de Valentione has been hosting a perculiar event, Valentione's Day. Perhaps you've heard of it?

The day is an annual celebration of the power of love, where Ishgardians are encouraged to confess their feelings to those they adore. Lisette has spread these celebrations beyond the border of Ishgard, and her troupe has certainly transformed Gridania's amphitheatre! Hearing her talk about her ancestor and her sacrifice, and seeing how it has so strongly moved the Gridanians... my heart sang of you.

Most wonderful Naago, in all of my travels I have never met a braver woman. You thought yourself a small part of the resistance, but you were a shining light! I spoke with those stationed in Rhalgar's Reach; more than your successful missions, it was your encouragement and smile that fought off despair. You have many admirers, and with this letter I do what they dared not. I love you, Naago! Your fierce dedication to your people would move even the drill sergeants of the Coral Tower, and yet you have such a gentle, kind nature. I've found myself thinking of you more and more, and now being with you makes my heart swell to the point of bursting! Won't you please join me in Gridania this week? Lisette has a marvelous event planned, and I would be honored beyond measure if you would come.

Forever yours,
    Lymsleia

P.S. I'll be staying at The Roost. Use your usual knock.
    Character Name: Suddenly Catgirls
    World: Coeurl
    Desired Prize: Mandragora Choker
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Okita Soji
    World
    Kujata
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 80

Translation from Eorzean:
    My Dearest Friend,
    It sure has been a while since we last talked, hasn’t it? I hope that where you are, you are OK. Did you hear? I was able to help Doma and Ala Mhigo regain their homes! It was pretty hard, even scary at times, but I’m sure you would be proud. I wish you could have seen it. Speaking of, I feel like I saw you in the final battle against Niddhog... Was it truly you?

Dearest Haurchefant, not a day goes by where I don’t think of you. I miss you so much to the point that it hurts. Every day without you is a struggle, and it’s really hard sometimes, but I keep trying to move forward.

I never got the chance to say how truly grateful I was for the times we had spent together, and all of your help when I needed it...but from the bottom of my heart I wanted to tell you that I am deeply thankful, I miss you, and I love you.

Yours,
    Okita Souji
    -------------
    Okita Souji / Sargatanas
    Desired prize: Noble Barding
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Lalalara Jajarala
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 70

A heart pining for light

Minfilia, Minfilia, when will you come back?
    I've not seen you since the dark warrior's attack.

You gave yourself to Hydaelyn, with generosity in your heart,
    in spite of the pain it caused us, to forever be apart.

I will keep this world safe, balanced in both dark and light,
    With Alphinaud, with the Scions, with all my might.

So don't worry, be safe, in the other world you are,
    where you guide those dark warriors, like you did for us, for so far.

I defeated the dreadwyrm Nidhogg, with all his might and fury.
    To save Ishgard, and end the war, we ended his story.

We fought Zenos, Son of the emperor and a few times I fell.
    But still I live, still fight, sparing my was his death knell.

I faught Shinryu, Nidhogg's eatherial heir and primal of the Griffon.
    A beast so mighty, even legendary Omega couldn't finish him.

Still I won, in the end, though he were difficult, and I battered.
    With this, we won Ala Mhigo, and began to rebuild the nation, worn and tattered.

Minfilia, Minfilia, why do I tell all this to you?
    Listen well, listen close, for these words ring true.

I would do it all and more, a hundred, a thousand time more...
    just to see you once again. There is nothing more I, we, wish for.

Lalalara Jajarala- Siren
    Ahriman Choker
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Nena Neirmhuyo
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 70
    For my dearest Saint Shiva,

It is such a strange and near-wondrous feeling to know we shall never meet again-- and, should by some fortune we do, I shall have to end that meeting. The wonder in it leaves me awake late at night, pondering. How is it that knowing we are to forever be apart only makes my fondness grow deeper? That the absence of the chill you bring makes my desire only stronger? To be frank, I worry what would happen were you to be brought back into this world for one glorious moment. You must understand, it is not through distaste that I would end your existence; it is simply my lot in life, the one meaning I have gathered from the constant turbulence this land brings. And yet, there is the smallest hesitation in me. Were you to appear, I would come before you, as always-- and yet would I do so with weapon in-hand, or to prostrate myself at your feet? There are nights when I lay awake, contemplating how it would feel to be a statue of ice at your beck and call.

I cannot say I would oppose it.

Perhaps Ysayle's demise was for the greater good, after all.

Yours,
    Nena

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nena Neirmhuyo of Mateus. I would very much appreciate the bluebird earrings, if I won!
    (0)
    Last edited by astaraelsong; 02-15-2018 at 02:24 AM.

Player
    Character
    Eydris Niddhogslayer
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70

BE MY VALENTIONE CONTEST!"

LOVE LETTERS WITH EYDRIS NIDHOGGSLAYER (Gilgamesh and The ahriman choker)

Dearest Zenos Yae Galvus,

You crave the thrill of battle . However what you don’t know is that you thrill me. When our cold steel clashes my blood warms half from the exertion of our fight but so too because I get to stand near you. There are probably one thousand and one garleans to tell you of your excellence, however I do hope you won’t contest with one humble elezen telling you the same thing. Your skill on the battlefield is a fierce as the mightiest of wyrms in the Dravania. Though one cannot help but notice your weaponry skills are not all that is striking about you. The empire is renowned for its technological advances, I must say the breeding seems to be just as comely.

Perhaps this is strange even to receive a letter from the opposing side but you called me your one true friend, and I can’t help but think of this at times. Perhaps I even dream of you as more than that.

With adoration,

Eydris Niddhogslayer, The crimson dragoon.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sarkan Arkhas
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 70
    To Yugiri Mistwalker

Yugiri,

I had hoped to find you that I might speak to you in person. Alas, that elusiveness of yours remains one challenge I doubt I shall ever conquer. Even so, there is something I must say. After the events of these past few weeks I've been forced to realize a truth I once tried to ignore, a truth I daren't let go unsaid any longer.

Yugiri Mistwalker, I love you.

From the moment you first allowed us to lay eyes upon your visage, I thought you were beautiful. And even before then, I could not help but admire your genuine character and devotion. As time passed, and we worked and fought together, albeit often on battlefields of our own, that admiration only grew, and soon I found myself wrestling with feelings I did not know what to make of. In hindsight, I was probably afraid. Afraid of rejection. Afraid of sullying a relationship with a comrade with emotions that couldn't be accepted.

But most of all, I was afraid of hurting you. As closely tied as our causes have become, you have your own obligations to fulfill, and your own battles to fight, in places and ways that I cannot aid you, however much I wish I could. In the event that you returned my feelings, I feared that I might force anguish upon you, presenting a choice with no clean answers.

Truth be told, I’m still afraid. But losing you I fear even more, and our situation seems to grow ever more precarious. Alas, the parchment runs short. In Shirogane, there is a small shrine beside an out of the way beach. If you would accept these selfish feelings of mine, meet me there. Elsewise, I shan’t speak of this again.

Until next we meet,

Sarkan

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Written by Sarkan Arkhas
    Server: Coeurl
    If chosen, Scarf of Wondrous Wit
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rhialda Nemanna
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 80

To Her Excellency Admiral Merlwyb Bloefhiswyn,

I'm not a stalker, I promise. I didn't apply to the Yellow Jackets in hope that I could be the one selected to bring you your morning tea, and I'm not upset they rejected my application. Whoever told you that I sit in the same seat in the Bismarck every day on the off-chance that I can catch a glimpse of you walking to your private barge has an active imagination indeed. I certainly wasn't hoping to make contact with those pale, icy eyes colder than Leviathan's locker that probably conceal a heart warmer than Ifrit's abode. I'll admit I'm impressed that you've managed to bring together so many disparate pirate crews under one banner and wrangle them into behaving themselves, but I honestly don't fantasize about you disciplining me, and definitely not in ways unsuitable for public discussion!

What's that? Lyngsath says I asked what your favorite meal is? Well, there's a perfectly logical explanation for that: I figured that a woman who's so well-traveled, who manages a trade hub as active as Kugane, and who rubs elbows with so many diplomats must have truly fine dining taste. I swear, I didn't order it along with my usual meal and fantasize about dining with you. I was just unusually hungry that day.

No, I don't know who left the bouquet in Bulwark Hall. I'm sure Zanthael was mistaken when he reported a gorgeous dusky Elezen fleeing the scene. But perhaps I can be of assistance in figuring out who it was? Let me know when your schedule permits. I'll be the one wearing the low v-cut red silk dress.

---

Character: Rhialda Nemanna | World: Gilgamesh | Desired prize: Bluebird Earrings
    (1)
    Last edited by Rhialda; 02-15-2018 at 05:07 AM.

Player
    Character
    Zeke Nightblade
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 60

Be My Valentoine, Jacke!

Dear Jacke,

From the day we met when I stumbled into the abode of The Dutiful Sisters of the Edelweiss, I will never forget your face when you equipped me with my own pair of teeth. I have seen the sandwiches that you have eaten and I loved the thought of sharing them with you. I know we have gone our separate ways since feasting on some sharks, but please know that these stars I throw are ones I wish upon to see you again. I promise to make an effort to come visit again sometime, as it has been far too long. However, for now, I have one question for you. Will you be my Valentoine?

--Your Secret, though not so secret for you I bet, Admirer

PS: 9, 22, 89, 55, 41 -- I'm sure you'll figure it out!

===================

Written By: Zeke Nightblade on Coeurl;
    Prize desired: Bluebird Earring (for my Sister!)
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Dawne Lightbringer
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 70

Cupfish, My Love

I remember the time we first met in that dark, dank, dreary cave. The sun was low on the horizon and the shadows cast by the soft glow of dying lanterns illuminated the waters with a mysterious light. Looking down into their depths I could barely see my reflection; fitting as it felt a mirror to the turbulence in my heart.

With a conflicted conscious, I cast out into that little hole, line hooked with nothing but hope and a basket of flies that might as well have come from my stomach. The two flittered in much the same fashion. Thus I waited there, at the edge of earth and water, connected only by a thin line connected to the rod in my shaking hands. They say there are many fish in the sea, but here in this forgotten watering hole where both man and beast are blind the only one I yearned for was you.

My hands shook as the line between my world and yours bent. I reeled, not knowing if I was prepared for what was about to happen. What if I messed up? What if I wasn't good enough for you? What if this lifeline of mine snapped and left me adrift upon solid ground?

But you didn't do that. As if guided by the Navigator's hand, you came to me. My eyes sparkled as clung by your large, wondrous mouth to my line. Water streaming off your bulbous, beautiful body you flew into my arms. As you flailed and locked my eyes with your beady, black orbs, I knew at that moment I had found a kindred spirit.

I will never forget that day, nor how it felt when you entered my life, Cupfish.

I love you.

Character: Dawne Lightbringer/ World: Cactuar/ Prize: Scarf of Wondrous Wit
    (0)

11. 02-15-2018 04:55 AM

Page 28 of 38 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast