Player
    Character
    Sunako Kirishiki
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Wintersandman View Post
    It's weird that they went the opposite direction with healers outside of regen. Reducing Muse to 60 Seconds is just ridicuous. As someone who plays healer this is just crazy as trying to drain a healer's mana was already tough and that was sometimes a tactic to kill them or their teammates. Now it will be a non-issue.
    They also buffed damage almost all dps classes that make healing harder. In astralagos they removed damage mitigation effect from soaring as well and reduced mammet healing by 50%. Midd generation got nerfed and mammet killing buffed. Additional action trait become pretty useless now, since it cut only 6 sec from muse and before it did 18 seconds. Wonder if it is worth use at all anymore.
    (0)
    Last edited by Sunako; 01-27-2018 at 04:35 PM.

Player
    Character
    Lace Valeria
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 80
    I wouldn't really call a 2 second increase in CE generation a nerf, but Mammets providing 20 CE will hopefully encourage people that doing something other than just fighting over mid really is a more sound strategy.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sunako Kirishiki
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirdChild_ZKI View Post
    I wouldn't really call a 2 second increase in CE generation a nerf, but Mammets providing 20 CE will hopefully encourage people that doing something other than just fighting over mid really is a more sound strategy.
    It is really big nerf. 2 extra second take 100 second longer get single robot. It is 40% more than now. Same than saying it is same if in raid somebody do 3k dps or 5k dps. It is huge difference.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Lloyd Irving
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    Is there a reason why Monk and Dragoon have 500 more hp then Ninja and Samurai never really thought about it but i guess it can make some impact.
    Also amazing that they didnt nerf Astro but instead nerfed regen on Whm the devs really has no clue on what classes are dominating in the feast right now.
    Such short cd on Muse and Concetration is a big buff to healers, that means that they never will go oom and there will be very rare times when you can stun/silence/sleep a healer, small buffs to dps potencys wont fix the issues where healers are going to be able to heal 3-4 players hitting them.
    As for the change where the highest rating counts for your rank i guess this can be good but it doesnt fix the issues where healers always gonna be in the top 1-5 spots of the ladder just because on how fast they will get games and the amount they influence carrying of matches, im really not sure how popular the team pvp will be as it's hard to find groups for it with such small community.
    (0)
    Last edited by snipski; 01-27-2018 at 08:27 PM.

5. 01-27-2018 08:04 PM
    Reason
    fdf

6. 01-27-2018 08:21 PM
    Reason
    fsfs

Player
    Character
    Lodestone Bait
    World
    Pandaemonium
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by snipski View Post
    Also amazing that they didnt nerf Astro but instead nerfed regen on Whm the devs really has no clue on what classes are dominating in the feast right now
    Fun fact on that note: The Regen change is a nerf to throughput per GCD, but a buff to health per mana.

1500x5=>7500/750 = 10 HpM. 1250x5=>6250/500 = 12,5 HpM.

Not even sure if the net effect is a nerf or a buff, but I'd err on the side of a weak nerf due to Mana becoming more abundant with the muse changes. Other than that, well... damage got slightly buffed, heavy medal got nerfed, light medal introduced and health buffed across the board again. Sounds like a big wash overall.

Astragalos changes are more interesting. I'd imagine there's still gonna be healers sitting in mid by the team that gets it (it's an effective, yet low budget guard) as well as when contesting CE tanks (they still win any 1v1 after all), but at 50% nerf, DPS are on roughly even footing with them for mammets, so DPS are probby gonna focus on those. We'll have to see, I guess.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Ash Primordial
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by snipski View Post
    Is there a reason why Monk and Dragoon have 500 more hp then Ninja and Samurai never really thought about it but i guess it can make some impact.
    It's probably because sam and nin have cc to defend themselves and additionally a nontarget-restricted gapcloser on demand with kind a low CD.
    They reduced a lot of TP/MP costs of cc in general. Made heal support more viable on rdm and pld. And tanks being less tanky than ever with their stances nerfed. -_-
    PLD comes out really strong now, PLD is especially good in culling when you can carry your team safely through burst windows and as there won't be more burst windows than now, but faster culling and faster culling stacks, they don't have to waste their gauge so often anymore before culling or in early culling. 3k Heal is good too, a healer can almost always use a basic heal with 2500 potency, with a pld heal its now 5500, which is more than a big heal with 5000 potency.And even the stun fills your gauge now. PLD carry potential is pretty high now.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sunako Kirishiki
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Commander_Justitia View Post
    And tanks being less tanky than ever with their stances nerfed. -_-
    Not really, because holding 200 medals is only gonna be 20% damage vulnerability. Right now it is 48% damage vulnerability. Tanks are gonna be more tanky than ever.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Susubi Subi
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    I think there is a lot more balancing required atm

For example they really need to look at healers as a whole currently there ultility is far to powerful in pvp

Also CC in pvp needs to be revamped entirely because currently only STUN and SLEEP are the only CC to stop a healer, yes i did not include SILENCE due to it does not prevent OGCD spells like lustrate, benediction, essential dignity, assize, lady of crowns from being use... YES healers can still heal whilst silenced.....
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Susubi Subi
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    Follow up post due to mobile

Example as a ninja i have a 2sec stun and a 1 sec silence which on paper looks like a solid lockout againsts healers

In reality it does not work as intended i can stun a healer at 30-40% hp go into my burst with my silence instead of mug... but because i have a 2.43 recast on gust slash and aelion edge animation lock on assasinate.... the healer can negate all that burst because silence does not stop instant cast spells... which result healer back at full hp within a second

This is the main problem in pvp... because of the GCD of 2.50sec within the game the CC durations is to low which promotes PERFECT coordination to kill anything in pvp

And since feast is with randoms....it ends up being a headless chicken chase until culling time
    (2)

Character
    Riyah Arpeggio
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    The problem though is that then the healer can't do anything much at all unless they are very good; the cc literally locks them out of play for 5-9 seconds or even more. And the burden of reacting to that is almost always on them alone; even in 3.0. They have to constantly los, use crowd control effectively, and fight off cc that can knock them out of the battle completely while still keeping the team up. You'd end up more or less forcing healers out of the mode, which is what happened back in the day.

Idk what solution is. The 4v4 thing I don't think works because they can't really nerf a single healer enough to make them less potent and still playable.
    (0)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast