Player
    Character
    Yaera Ravenesa
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80

Housing with Alts

with the new housing changes coming why cant my other character atleast share the house with my ps4 character :/ I wanted my PC character to eventually have her own but why is it I cannot atleast have her on his house and use it with the same rights instead of just walk into my house and do nothing in it.
    (10)

Player
    Character
    Song Sparrow
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    I don't know, but it's an update that is sorely needed.
    (6)

cerise leclaire
    (bad omnicrafter & terrible astrologian)

Player
    Character
    Yaera Ravenesa
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    Or even if I cant co own the house between 2 characters now, Why not have a "transfer housing" option in mog station similar to server transfer that would give my house over to my other character if I want, I am glad theyre adding teleport to friend housing though, that will help out some with the shared housing issue. but I decided since my ps4 character has a shared estate with its wife, that I furnished mostly, I would want to move the house I have to my other character so I can have a place of her own to use instead of have one character that picks between 2 houses to hang out at and then another character with only an fc house to go to, which as much as the fc housing thing isnt a terrible idea, I am in a huge fc, so the housing is really not so much gonna be what i want it to be, so not being able to have an fc house on another if i wanted to is a weird call, instead of that call, they could make it harder to keep fc houses maybe..?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Yaera Ravenesa
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    Not to mention the rare people that share accounts with their children/siblings due to cost, I had a mother daughter account in my fc that they were both in the fc but one would log off and the mom would get on at her bed time, and they were on one service account, and that was for a long time until they decided to get ff14 on the ps4 for the daughter and she could start from scratch but theyd be able to play together and both be on at the same time. This new thing screws people like that royally. Id hate to be the sharer and not have a house JUST because the one I am with has one. (and this makes me think their should be an export character to new service account option for accounts with 2+ characters)
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Sylbritt Muscadet
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 89
    If you are in an FC that owns a house, you really shouldn't need to own a second FC on one of your alts and buy a FC House for them. If you're locked out from the facilities in your FC house or just feel it's a bit too impersonal then maybe look for another FC or simply leave, set up your own FC and enjoy all the facilities you want.

I understand this change does not suit you personally, Miseryvein, but I don't think it's bad for the community as a whole. For too long, lucky people have been able to own multiple personal and/or FC houses while the vast majority has been locked out from housing. Making hoarding and flipping impossible should have been done a long time ago. The only disadvantage to the changes coming in 4.2 is we can no longer pass an unwanted house onto a friend but the advantages outweigh that in my opinion.

However, I do agree with you on the subject of alts. It's not fair that a friend can be made a tennant in your house but alt characters are completely unable to share or use any of the facilities. Having my alts able to use my house is something I'd like to see a.s.a.p.
    (2)
    Last edited by Solarra; 01-22-2018 at 10:26 PM.

Player
    Character
    Yaera Ravenesa
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Solarra View Post
    It's not fair that a friend can be made a tennant in your house but alt characters are completely unable to share or use any of the facilities. Having my alts able to use my house is something I'd like to see a.s.a.p.
    That part right there is my main gripe, Im ok on no house although itd be nice.. it is just if I cant have anything for my non-housed character why cant I atleast have the option to use the 1 house with both people if I am forced into having only 1.

Locking one M/L wouldnt be bad since those are coveted but i know on my server with Shiro released no one was really fighitng for smalls, there were plenty left 15-20 minutes later (not tons, but a handful every other ward), or roll out those apartment changes i keep hearing about...

they just said they were adding teleport to friend housing, so why not teleport to my own house on my alt and maybe have on the placard ask for permissions -from anyone tbh not just alts-
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Yaera Ravenesa
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    and as far as the fc part goes, I was just throwing that out there, theres examples other than just me that fit that such as shared PC accounts for mother/daughter brother/brother, ive seen a few like that, and while one might be in a big fc the other might jsut want one with their friends and a small group that just play casually and want a small house to goof off in, thats just one example, but to lock that out, especially when u pay more to have 2 peoeple on one server is where im like.. oh ok.
    Past 2 is honestly where I say its a big deal, but to the average alt user, id say one common reason is, One to play serious, one to rp with, me I have one for ps4 one for pc since its hard to convert between both. its just a thought, not so much as a Need. someone even said at this patch on why not make it a one time use token, that way people that already have houses keep them but theyll get no more than one more house from now on, that way people like me saving for an alt dont get hit
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Yaera Ravenesa
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    another option, and this could be a middle ground, add a third spot to all the wards that arent locked, this spot can be for either FC or community only, either way it accomplishes something. where as the new rules now benefit fc more heavily, which is fine, and makes sense (granted no person will probably get a M now lol) I am not sure how different another subdivision would be to adding more wards, but more wards with different rules would make less sense than ok ward 1-18(?) group 1 and 2 follow these guidelines where as part 3 is this rule set, I know itd be more to remember and to implement but it would alleviate some spamming but also give the group 1 and 2 the chance to be regulated more heavily, while group 3 would have something like a token where you can buy it for your account (for free, think the free wedding item) then once you send it you cant send it to another character on that server. which goes back to, one chance for one house from this point on,
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Gelid Doe
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    Could y'all add your thoughts to this existing thread so maybe it gets loud enough that they pay attention?
    (3)

Character
    Tanuki Crash
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 70
    it will probably be worked in but they don't want us having the ability to send money and gear to our alts (probably because it "slows" down the servers).
    (0)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast