Player
    Character
    Opera Morgana
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90

Ps4 Pro buzzing/noise/flickering when moving the camera

Hello, my friend gave me his ps4 pro, BUT when i play ff14, there is a buzzing/noise/flickering or what you want to call it when i move the camera, or i move my character, names of characters, npc, and others text, and the surrounding too....i tried to modify the settings of my tv (its a Philips Smart TV 49'' 4K 6400er series), and nothing changes...resolution is 2160p RGB, HDR is on, everything is fine, i see that problem ONLY with ff14, (and with a normal ps4 too)
    Am i doing something wrong...? did i bought the wrong television ? its because its too much for ff14 to be played in such definition?
    with my old Haier lcd 42'' tv was all fine, other games play PERFECTLY on my new Philips tv, with the ps4 pro and with normal ps4.
    I really can't play the game because that buzzing/noise/flickering give me headache.
    (0)

Good afternoon and thank you for posting on the Final Fantasy XIV Technical Support Forums.

Can you describe in greater detail the issue you are having?

The game can be played on 4K TVs, that shouldn't be a problem. Does your TV have more than one HDMI port? Can you try connecting your PS4 into one of the other ports? Also, you mentioned you are running HDR on your TV? Have you tried disabling that feature?

We hope we can be of assistance in helping you enjoy the exciting world of Final Fantasy XIV!
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Opera Morgana
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    Hello, and thanks for replying me back, i tried to disable HDR but the problem is still there....i tried the lowest resolution with the ps4 pro, and different hmdi ports but that problem still remains...i tried to make a video to show you better what i mean (i'm not good with english so i can't really describe it very well) and i repeat, its only with ff14 that gives me that problem...can it be a internet connection problem? even if i have 10mb in dw and 2/3 mb in up...
    i tried to make a video to show you better the problem i have:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVDi...ature=youtu.be
    it seems like a """lagging""" of surroundings...i really don't know how in other ways i can describe it....
    Thanks.
    Edit: it seems more like a juddering effect on everything that moves actually...
    (0)
    Last edited by OperaMorgana; 01-21-2018 at 04:32 AM.

Thank you for the reply OperaMorgana,

Does this happen during every part of the game? Or just in select areas?

I know some newer TVs have an option to reduce judder. It should be in some 'Advanced' settings menu on your TV.

We hope we can be of assistance in helping you enjoy the exciting world of Final Fantasy XIV!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Opera Morgana
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    Thanks for reply, this happens ALL THE TIME, in all the areas, in dungeons, in raids, in trials, i tried to change options from my tv, but nothing happened, i select game mode from my tv, and nothing happens...
    and by the way i am sending back this tv, because i purchased another one, i hope this problem go away then...but i really have this problem only with this game with this tv...
    Thanks.
    (0)

Hello OperaMorgana, Thank you for your reply.

Please keep us updated on if the issue persists with the new TV.

Thank you for playing FFXIV.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Opera Morgana
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    Hello again, my new tv is a LG 49UJ634V 49" 4K Ultra HD, but the problem is still there, my question is, is 49'' too much for the s4 pro and the game to handle?

Thanks.
    (0)

Thank you for the update OperaMorgana,

Maybe we can try something else. In the PS4 setting, go to 'Sound and Screen' and change the PS4 Pro's video output to 1080p. Then play the game and see if you have the same issue. I'm starting to think the juddering comes from an unlocked frame rate but I'm not sure.

(0)

Player
    Character
    Opera Morgana
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    I did that, but nothing changes....i'm starting to think that 49 inches could be too much for the ps4 pro to handle the game...
    (0)

Thank you for the update,

The size of the screen has no relation to the performance in-game. We have the same size TV to test games on for situations like this and we did not get the same issue.

It's possible this is caused by the HDMI cable itself. Do you have any other cables you can use to test this out?

(0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast