Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Syntax Lies
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Leatherworker Lv 50
    the good news is well have 125 inv which is 25 more then they said wed have before
    (0)

Character
    Alhanelem Amidatelion
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    The primary function of icon-driven inventory is to be more mouse-friendly. Gamepads still work just fine so to me, it's win-win. It also takes up less space than a mile-long list.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Albela Killingifrit
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 28
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    The primary function of icon-driven inventory is to be more mouse-friendly. Gamepads still work just fine so to me, it's win-win. It also takes up less space than a mile-long list.
    scrolling a list with a mouse is mouse-friendly.
    (1)

Player

Good. scrolling through list 5 times up down to find item was not ideal... so life continues to improve^_^
    (0)

to be or not to be: sqrt( 4 b ^2 )

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by AngryNixon View Post
    Personal preference is personal.
    ^

And for personal preference to be personal, we need choices.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
    We don't need bags. What we need are better ways of organizing our inventory, and there are better ways of doing that than a bag system.

>Example<
    Yup, this is true.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Areeya Jaidee
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 90
    I say just let SE make the decision. They have some good ideas so far xD

I know players have contributed ideas too. But SE has FFXIV under control no. Let's stop worrying about split hairs.
    (2)
    Living life one day at a time~!
    Mending the past with the joys of today!

Player
    Character
    Mocha Momocha
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by AreeyaJaidee View Post
    I say just let SE make the decision. They have some good ideas so far xD

I know players have contributed ideas too. But SE has FFXIV under control no. Let's stop worrying about split hairs.
    While I would merrily do just that if I was happy with the new team's decisions so far, the reality is that I've been very upset with a number of decisions they've made, to the point where I almost didn't resub once payments restarted.

At the same time, one of my big wishes is that I've wanted them to design the games themselves instead of letting the community play backseat driver for the development team, so maybe this is a blessing in (heavy) disguise.
    (2)
    Last edited by Dreamer; 01-20-2012 at 08:49 AM. Reason: Grammar

Player
    Character
    Hope Estheim
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Bayohne View Post
    Hey gang, thanks for bringing this discussion up over here. While we can't promise a date of implementation, we are looking into separating items in the inventory into tabs (while maintaining the current shared inventory size). So for example (only) it might be something like "Gear" tab, "Materia" tab, "Consumables" tab (remember, just my own example ).

Some players were discussing having dark matter and catalysts appear in their own tabs, separate from the current inventory size, but there aren't any plans for that at the moment due to the fact that we aren't looking to increase inventory space.

However, in 2.0 we plan to introduce the following to help alleviate inventory congestion.
    • Equipped gear will no longer take space from the inventory
    • Dark matter grades will become upward compatible (for example: Grade 5 DM can repair anything that requires 1-5)
    • Categorizing materia catalysts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukkirii View Post
    Greetings! The topic that Triary was replying to was one where players were requesting the devs to add in features in regards to inventory sorting. Here's his reply:

With the current inventory system structure, it’s not possible to manually move items inside of your inventory.

Yes, there will be multiple 5x5 bags in 2.0, and you will be able to freely allocate which items go into which bags. Additionally, you will be able to sort by categories within the 5x5 bags and manually rearrange them as you like.

To the topic of the thread itself, we'll take your feedback under consideration as usual.
    I don't know, but from Bay's post in another thread, I seem to get the feeling that there might be a list view. Having the 5x5 system *and* the tab system seems to lean toward it. I mean, the different bags shouldn't need "tabs," I don't think? That seems more like a list feature.
    (0)

9. 01-21-2012 03:08 AM
    Reason
    Bay posted official translation below (^_^)

Triary posted a few follow ups to various questions about inventory bags in 2.0, that we wanted to share with you all here, too.

Will there be something in 2.0 where you can drag the dark matter icon over a piece of gear and it repairs the item? Or drag materia over a piece of gear to attach it? Drag an item out of the item window to throw it away?
    Can’t promise it will be implemented, but I will let the dev. team know your feedback.

What about retainers? Will they also adopt the bag system?
    Yes, they will also utilize bags.

It would be nice if you could select crafting items from the bag display.
    A: While crafting you will be able to select your crafting items from your bag.

As always, please share your feedback here as well and we'll continue to pass it along!
    (28)
    Matt "Bayohne" Hilton - Community Team

Player
    Character
    Pico Man
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 70
    I would still prefer to have the option of customisable 'Tabs' that can be renamed and sized, with size being limited by total inventory slots.

At the end of the day 'Icon View' isn't a game breaker for me by a long way. If done well, i may even prefer it. ^^
    (3)
    Download my iPad app on the App Store http://bit.ly/10QMy4C ^^

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast