Player
    Character
    Eve Bloodfallen
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 70

Client Crash after 5 min into game -DirectX 11 Issue

Started Yesterday, been playing without issue using DirectX 11 enable all this while. I suspect the specter and meltdown update is causing this KB4056892 (OS Build 16299.192) and KB4058702. Now I have to disable DirectX 11 to play the game without crashing . FYI I'm using Ryzen 5 1600 . I've been playing without issue for a over a month. Now I have to disable DirectX 11 to play.
    (0)
    Last edited by Pkrisnin; 01-17-2018 at 01:46 AM.

Good morning and thank you for posting on the Final Fantasy XIV Technical Support Forums.

When does this error occur? Is it directly on log in? or is it while you are playing? If it is while you are playing, do you notice any pattern to it (when you are entering a new zone, accepting a quest, etc.)?

What kind of graphics card do you have? Do you have any overlays or other programs running while playing?

Any additional information will help us find a proper solution.

We hope we can be of assistance in helping you enjoy the exciting world of Final Fantasy XIV!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Eve Bloodfallen
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 70
    It happened 2X. Both times after 2-3 min registration for the Akh Afah Amphitheatre dungeon. Was not entering any new zone. Using NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti. Just running chrome watching youtube. I have the dxdiag save but no idea how to upload it to this forum
    Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    DirectX Version: DirectX 12
    (0)
    Last edited by Pkrisnin; 01-17-2018 at 10:31 AM.

Hello Pkrisnin, thank you for your reply.

I would like to suggest disabling GeForce and not having anything playing in the background. Please let us know if any of these suggestions help.

Hope to be of assistance.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Eve Bloodfallen
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 70
    I was able to play yesterday with DirectX 11 ON without doing anything. Not sure what's going on
    (0)

Hello Pkrisnin, Thank you for your reply.

I will be moving this thread to "support center resolved" If you continue to have issues please create a new thread.

Thank you for playing Final Fantasy XIV! Hope to see you online.
    (0)