Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Player
    Character
    Lyon Calais
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 70
    Funny how DRK is so underpowered... it is the only tank class that has prerequisites to using the class, yet performs the least efficiently amongst the 3 tank classes.

Why can't we make this "premier tank class" actually exciting to unlock??? I honestly feel like it's a chance to show how well you can play an intrinsically handicapped class....rather than feel empowered by an improvement over what you already had access to.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Crusina Luachra
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 90
    I wouldn't call it underpowered? (emphasis on the question mark)
    (0)
    Last edited by Tegernako; 01-22-2018 at 05:10 AM.

Halo kid

Player
    Character
    Shoka Hanose
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 80
    I want more interactions with the blood gauge
    It aught to have a "this is my life force" feel to it like the mp gauge did in HW.
    Right now it just feels like a roadblock.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Airget Lamh
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 90
    Dark Arts is the only thing that really needs to be changed. Could have it where you build "Dark Arts" gauge through melee attack and taking hits. When you gather enough you can activate Dark Arts and it allows you to gain additional effect of X abilities for a duration based on how much you stored up. It would at least help alleviate the button bloat that Dark Art causes from how often it needs to be pressed.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Ash Arkwright
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    Rogue Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Airget View Post
    Dark Arts is the only thing that really needs to be changed. Could have it where you build "Dark Arts" gauge through melee attack and taking hits. When you gather enough you can activate Dark Arts and it allows you to gain additional effect of X abilities for a duration based on how much you stored up. It would at least help alleviate the button bloat that Dark Art causes from how often it needs to be pressed.
    This is something I quite like the sound of. A DWT for DRK. Not having to press DA for every single skill would improve the usability enormously. They could even give us a black/red flame aura while its active.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Zezha Qha
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 70
    One thing that I've seen is the lack of Gauge usage until 64. And even then, all you have is Delirium. On top of little ogcd's and mitigation, it feels clunky pre-70, at best. Give us the gauge earlier, and let it affect our DA like stated above
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tanooki Suit
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilseph View Post
    At this point, since we need to DA almost everything, may as well turn into a buff that drains your MP overtime like the old Darkside, but at a faster rate. I'd name it "Night Stance", which gives you the "Dark Arts" effect. While the buff is up, all the moves that previously required DA, will be automatically buffed. This would address the need to press DA for everything. You can toggle it off and on for the sake of preserving your mana. While the stance is up, you can still remover MP from Syphon Strike, Blood Weapon, Blood Price, Delirium and Quietus.
    Yea. Kinda like Foe Requiem. I never thought about it in those terms. Interesting idea.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Noan Embersoul
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Venoshock View Post
    I just want HW dark knight back, that was the shit. So much fun to play and like if you was good at the class it'll show and pay off, if you were bad, it'll show too. Separates the good players from bad which is a good thing .
    Yes, thank you for saying this, Veno!! Felt like the only one wanting this.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aana Azel
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    I get that sacrificing HP for power is an iconic thing for drk. But I seriously doubt that will fly in 14. There is enough fighting over avoiding tank stance and the focus on DPS over survival as it is. Cant wait to see Drks dropping grit and sacrificing HP cuz 'Muh Deepz!' as every healer collectively facepalms.

HP sacrifice works much better in single player games than MMOs, let alone tanks in an MMO. It would be annoying enough as a DPS job. As a tank it would be the neverending bitchfest.

They still have the sacrifice for power, but its in a non-HP resource (MP). When you boil it down, Drks thing could be described as just managing an extra resource for additional power. In older games it was HP. Here its MP. The concept is still there, it just doesn't feel rewarding enough for the trouble it causes right now.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Mute Shellback
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    i mean it'd be great if they just tied that into *a reworked living dead. Reduce your HP to 1, and for 8 seconds you cannot go below 1 HP. in exchange for those 8 seconds DA is free and all skills have a boosted potency value.
    (0)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3