Player
    Character
    Mute Shellback
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilseph View Post
    At this point, since we need to DA almost everything, may as well turn into a buff that drains your MP overtime like the old Darkside, but at a faster rate. I'd name it "Night Stance", which gives you the "Dark Arts" effect. While the buff is up, all the moves that previously required DA, will be automatically buffed. This would address the need to press DA for everything. You can toggle it off and on for the sake of preserving your mana. While the stance is up, you can still remover MP from Syphon Strike, Blood Weapon, Blood Price, Delirium and Quietus.
    That just moves the goalposts instead of actually scoring a touchdown tho.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Manuel Bravo
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 70
    If anything players that choose DRK and don't know how to manage their MP and Dark Arts need to find a different Tank Role. That or I wished SE would do an advance training on jobs to make sure players understand the whole purpose of their CD's.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Garret Shadowwalker
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 70
    I'm on the same opinion as Chrono drk need a rework but since its viable we can't expect anything other than buffs before 5.0.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lafarga Armiger
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 70
    Agreeing with the OP. DRK needs to find a theme for its own, however I do disagree with this copy/pasta of all tanks bringing raid-wide mitigation outside their LB3.

In terms of sacrificing HP for damage, it technically does that when you have Blood Price active but I would rather prefer to have this continuously active, so that this "HP resource buffer" is able to be used with a lot of other skills much more often without relying just on doing physical attacks.

Second point is that the Current Resources: Blackblood, MP and TP are over flowing in general. These resources need better usage and gameplay that supports them.

Third and last, DRK should be a greedy job. Having the toolkit to make most of the situations. The Blackest Night is a skill going in that direction. Having all these AoE capabilities needs to be rewarding. Single target should be solid and rewarding, instead of a poor usage of a resource to buff your abilities.
    (0)
    Last edited by Mahrze; 01-17-2018 at 05:12 AM.

Player
    Character
    Crusina Luachra
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 70
    Give it back the stuff they stole from us in HW and the job would be a lot better, wouldn't need a whole rework, just changes to specific skills then.

The problem with HW WAR/DRK was that they removed tons of utility/dps from the jobs but did nothing to really replace them and so they are slowly being forced to fill in the gaps that were left.
    (0)

Halo kid

Player
    Character
    Lafarga Armiger
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 70
    Well, that's because they seem to have a limited view on how they balance jobs.

Kinda scary looking forward if they start adding more tanks
    (0)
    I don't want MNK to be the poster boy of this expansion or any. I just want it to be made right.

Player
    Character
    Daiki Sejuro
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 70
    Yes exactly please make DRK the 5.0 BRD because right now the class is a mess and some the skills cost an absurd amount of MP with little value (looking at you dark passanger) but even if they gave it back it’s HW skills it would still have no identity at all

PLD completely took over the magic tank role which I’m not mad at but just means DRK should have had a little bit more imagination put into it which is weird because I feel like DRK is the tank with a limitless amount of ideas that could have been put into it but here we are with the least imaginative broken class lol good job SE
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Derio Uzumaki
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 70
    I think DRK needs more abilities. We need at least 1 more defensive ability and possibly scourge back
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2