Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Uderax O'mann
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    Blacksmith Lv 64

Crafting is amazing, but crafting in the expansions..? (Gameplay problem)

Hey guys, I love crafting. Which honestly makes FFXIV the perfect MMO for me , but I have a slight issue...
    (due to max 1000 characters I'll list the pros and cons shortly and then explain further)

Pros:
    -Diversity in classes and recipes is amazing
    -ARR crafting is great while levelling. a lot of fun to level it along with your combat classes.
    -glamours and in-level progression at 50/60/70 are awesome
    -Everything else that I'm not about to list in con's

cons:
    -lvl 51-59/61-69 crafting is useless
    -Master Recipes and such should be a bit more clear and easily accesible.

So my issue is 99% the first con, the levels 51-59/61-69 are completely useless.
    While levelling you have Poetics gear, quest gear and dungeon gear which is all way better, especially in Stormblood.
    It comes down to 51-59/61-69 is not fun to do, which is what a game should do, and I think this should be brought to attention of the devs to make them not repeat the mistakes.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Magaiki Noodles
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 70
    I agree, leveling your crafting along with your combat class should be rewarded, also the gear pieces may get sold on marketboard for more reasons than just glamour or levequests .
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Lufie Newleaf
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    I think they are happy with tome item level overlapping leveling gear so it lasts a bit longer at the expense of crafters. I think they will probably keep that formula and giving out the crafted gear freely in quests. There's some small demand for the crafted leveling gear to smash up for desynth skill progress, and glamor purposes for the more interesting looking bits. I can't really think of a great solution because if they made crafted stuff a lot more useful then there would be a different group of people unhappy that they are forced to buy them (or get into crafting themselves).
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Uderax O'mann
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    Blacksmith Lv 64
    I see what you mean, sadly those tome items overlapping still make it impossible to just level along with combat classes on the way, except if you start the whole scrip thing and grind that for too long of a time
    And that is the exact problem I have too, like you I myself can't think of a solution on this specific issue either, although even if just a tiny bit better than the quest gear would already make me happy.
    With the current system, it's rediculously hard to get HQ gear while still levelling your classes. (Ofcourse it's not impossible with the right consumables, rotation and HQ materials and probably quite a few tries and some luck, but you know what I mean, this is a huge amount of effort compared to "run here and kill 5 of these", which ends up in the same HQ gear I think)

It all just impedes on levelling a whole lot. I don't mind it on max level at all, it's super nice to have an extra sense of progression, but the uselessnes of lvl 61-69 is making me so sad right now
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Roth Trailfinder
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 90
    Tomestone gear did not make 51-59 recipes useless. PALACE OF THE DEAD did that. You can take a job from 30 to 60 without bothering to update gear in there, and then just spend the Poetics on the Shire gear.

Tomestone gear did not make 61-69 recipes useless. Crafted gear is still a viable alternative to getting dungeon drops in those levels. The Shire gear gets upgraded by level 64 HQ crafted ot 65 dungeon gear, I believe.

If you plan on using nothing but upgraded Shire gear from 60 until you complete the level 70 job quest, you are leaving a lot of character power on the table in the meantime.

As far as crafting HQ gear is concerned, the solution is very simple : level all your crafters together, use the right cross class moves, and keep your crafting gear up-to-date (which includes keeping it HQ). Do that, and you can HQ ANY non-starred recipe your level or lower fairly easily (though with some RNG) starting in the lower-mid 20’s.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Uderax O'mann
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    Blacksmith Lv 64
    -It doesn't really matter why it's pointless, but it has to be notified that it is, be it PotD or anything else

-The craft weapons for example have at lvl 68 NQ crafts still 3 flat damage less than Shire weapons, a very small amount of stats more, but as I recall the flat damage is more important.

-You don't need to keep using Shire gear, cause quests and dungeons will outgear you eventually, and your crafting will remain useless

-The solution of crafting every crafter together does not help the problem of there not being a point to lvl 51-59 and 61-69 gear recipes. and as I stated before, it's not impossible to craft HQ recipes while levelling, but it's not easy, you need to get HQ materials and the crafting class gear, which I'm all fine with, except for the part where it ends up then being at best the same strength as quest gear; where early the shire gear is a lot better and later dungeon gear still is.

Crafting feels like a disadvantage, untill the max lvl intervals.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Roth Trailfinder
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 90
    Shire, i260, Katana has 83 damage. HQ level 62 katana has 83 damage. HQ level 64 katana has 84 damage, same as the Augmented Shire Katana. HQ level 66 katana has 87 damage. That’s just one example. Should we get into the armor as well?

Its actually rather easy to craft non-starred recipes HQ with all NQ materials, provided you’ve got HQ level-appropriate gear and the right cross class moves. As I said, that starts in the lower-mid 20’s, so very applicable to the 51-59 and 61-69 ranged you are complaining about. You DO have to worry about RNG, which may be why you think its hard, and in the level ranges you are talking about, you do have a higher-than-ARR penalty for being under the level of the recipe you are crafting, but ultimately it is easy to HQ at-level recipes.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Uderax O'mann
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    Blacksmith Lv 64
    It's a lot of effort getting HQ out NQ mats as you say, cause not only is the RNG there as you said, but getting the appropriate gear that you talk about, also takes a lot of time to craft, and to get that to HQ for more chances for the HQ combat gear, you're throwing us into a huge amount of effort, which you have to go through every few levels when you upgrade you gear... where the quest gear is still equal to the HQ which is a huge amount of effort in the way you state it and dungeon gear is still better, and literally Augmented Shire gear is 3dmg higher than NQ lvl 68 crafts. getting the HQ as shown above is huge amounts of work.

(please read next post)
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Uderax O'mann
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    Blacksmith Lv 64
    You can come up with "solutions" all you want, it remains the fact that you don't get rewarded for levelling your crafts along with your combat, as a matter of fact you get punished untill you get good enough crafting gear to get HQ crafts, which remain still one of the weaker things you come across, cause there's quests and dungeons which you will undoubtedly will be doing one of and most likely both. And even when you do get high enough for HQ it will be at max equal to the quest gear. There is just no advantage to it, only if you compare the high effort crafted to the very lowest "no effort" gear if you understand what I mean with this.

I see that you are of the opinion crafting is fine, and I agree, but that the strength of the 51-59/61-69 gets outshined by every other means to get gear currently in the game of the same level. except for buying from NPC's ofcourse those equal NQ crafts.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Emma'von Katzenstreu
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 80
    crafted gear between 51-59 and 61-69 is totally fine enough to play well.
    and come on -.- since stormblood is out crafting is so easy that every blind clown can craft HQ. i didnt even had to change my craftinggear (lvl60 ilvl 190 with materia) untill 68. im sure it was no needed to craft 68 stuff i just made it cuz i was bored.
    (0)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast