Character
    W'rose Radiuju
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 80

Armoire, Please, Armoire

Alright, it's been over three years now, I'd kept my calm

The moogle outfit, is still not capable of being placed into the armoire, the very outfit obtained for participation or viewing of the 2014 fanfests

(4 items)

In that same vein, neither can the Yuna and Tidus outfits, rewards for the 2016/17 fanfests... Dream Outfit (1.x), many of the 1.x new years hats.. not a big deal

(yuna + tidus, 7 items, dream outfit, 3 items, 1.x hats, i'm going to guess (without being on, 3, for a total of 13 in this segment)

Blackbosom set, hat, dress, gloves, boots, 5 weapons, not able to placed, 9 items

Heavensward set, wardknight chest, gloves, boots, legs, wardmage chest, gloves, boots, legs, 12 weapons, and a shield, not able to be placed, grand total of 21 items....

fuga attire, top bottom, can't be placed, 2 items

eastern lord/lady sets, for male/and/female, so 2 chests, 2 bottoms, 2 feet, 6 items

aymeric set, coat gloves, can't be placed, 2 items

far eastern patriarch/matriarch sets, 2 hats, 2 tops, 2 boots, not placeable, 6 items

garlond engineers set, head, top, gloves, pants, boots, not placeable, 5 items

cid's attire, head, rest, not placeable, 2 items

minfilia's attire... nuf said, not placeable, 1 item

y'shtola's attire, top bottom boots, not placeable, 3 items

y'shtola modish set, top bottom boots, not placeable, another 3 items

thancred attire, top bottom boots gloves, not placeable, 4 items

thancred modish set, top bottom boots gloves, not placeable, 4 items

yda's attire, (yeah a set for a character who was basically retconned through the fact we're still in 1577, with dialogue from hien supporting such through the lore book, and statements made by Lyse at the end of 3.5x pretty much pointing at yda's death in a 1571 assault on gyr abania through the book which left it just before the beginning of 1.x, meaning a /very/ lazy retcon... oh sorry, off topic...)
    a head and attire, not placeable, 2 items

Papalymo's attire, head, hands, body, bottoms, feet, not placeable, 5 items

urianger's attire, head, body, hands, feet, not placeable, 4 items

thankfully xiii's event was fully armoire capable.... ugh...

Now, keep in mind, these aren't even all the items up on the mogstation, just the ones I personally own (though i could be off on the papalymo bit...) Just a legacy player already paying for 6 bonus retainers to put on my main, on top of the two she already has for 8 on just her (and possible 64 if ya count the other 7 alts I have on the same server, unrelated though) and.., I've had to dedicate one of those specifically for glamour items, and not just ones I can personally craft or find, ones that I thought would be cute to decorate my retainers with from time to time on the front porch of an estate. Great as an idea as that was, neat, but... really not all that fun when it comes to storage capacity, and while the sound of more retainer inventory space /sounds/ great, when we keep getting more and more glamour items that do nothing but eat up space, I'd like to find an alternative than just filling up more retainers whom I have already have full with crafting mats and housing items I'd intended to fill a new home with, but rather than opening that can of worms up again, I'd just like to get this dealt with.

As it is, I just listed a total of 96 items, sure I could have just chosen not to hold on to them any longer, but as the calamity salvager doesn't work in the way of reclaiming lost items that weren't from achievements or 1.x, I'm kind of stuck, huh...
    (9)

Player
    Character
    W'rose Radiuju
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 80
    To be fair, there's even the Weathered Shepherd's set, and the Uwagi #55 set, both obtained through story, the maid and butler sets that came with the previous promotions, crag mask, ifrit mask, eastern journey set with weapon, or the sable death mask earned through the beast tribe set, the cait sith ears earned through the plushie, and, in a way, the makai sets, though... they can be calamity'd so i'm... kind of mixed there... but it should help illustrate well over 100 items by now. And there's three new costume sets out now~.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Anna Klein
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 80
    It is really ridiculous. Our armoire is supposed to be for glamour items (including but not limited to in-game achievements), but it feels like have the stuff we get simply can't be put in there. They could EASILY add a tab for mogstation items if the wanted to, and there's no reason the Fanfest attire and the amazon promotion shouldn't be able to be put into the event slot.

It just seems really lazy, or like they want to force us to get more retainers.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    W'rose Radiuju
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 80
    It's just one of those things that's kinda gone unnoticed since they'd been stealth updating it for any new seasonal events, but... nothing beyond that, so any promotional item just kinda gets forgotten, I know my sis, for example, actually hasn't used her tokens for the FFX outfits yet simply cuz she just doesn't have the room otherwise...
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Renard Lefeuvre
    World
    Yojimbo
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 90
    I think the ones which make me the most annoyed are the promotions where you get both male/female sets. They chose to separate them into different sets. They chose to make it possible for a player to receive both even though only one could be used, and they chose to make the player afraid that they cannot reobtain them if they fantasia later or want to glamour their squadron. Yet we can't do anything with them to put them out of the way! I'll probably never need the Yuuna costume so the Armoire would be a perfect place for it in the absence of an actual glamour log.

If it's linked to achievements, just make an achievement for them like the 'dress like a pirate' dress-up achievements so we can at least Armoire anything we can wear. The technology clearly exists. As things go I'm avoiding collecting more Mog Station purchases, dungeon gear and other goodies just because I'm so overwhelmed with highly situational gear I can't store anywhere properly.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Claire Pendragon
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    idk what all items count, but a large number of those items can be purchased with gil from an NPC, i think the NPC next to the clamaity scavenger?
    I know i threw away soem items, liek the HW ones, because i saw i could just rebuy them back, like relic weapons.
    (0)
    CLAIRE PENDRAGON

Player
    Character
    W'rose Radiuju
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Claire_Pendragon View Post
    idk what all items count, but a large number of those items can be purchased with gil from an NPC, i think the NPC next to the clamaity scavenger?
    I know i threw away soem items, liek the HW ones, because i saw i could just rebuy them back, like relic weapons.
    Well no, a large amount of these items do not come from those npc's, as the calamity salvager would be the one to do it, even though they swapped a good portion over to the recompense officer..... now here's the thing, the items I'm discussing here are either cash shop or real world promotion based, things that would not be buyable through the recompense officer, who is strictly for repurchasing old ingame /event/ items that the player has participated with, including, moonfire faire, all saints' wake, starlight celebration, heavensturn, valentione's day, little ladies day, hatching-tide, and other seasonal events (including the ffxi event setup), nowhere do they include the purchase of the heavensward armor set, yda, y'shtola, thancred, papalymo, urianger, cid, maid/butler sets, or anything of the like.

Might want to recheck what you /thought/ you saw ^^;

Though the calamity salvager can snag items like makai sets you've completed in the past, or even achievement based items, like the relics, or even some of the more... well, unlocked through story bits, I'd imagine, like the #55 set, so... okay, that still doesn't cover the other 100+ listed here...

All this really does is beg the question of items like the postmoogle cap, the scion adventurer's set, the scion rogue bandana, any of the custom made pieces, the mended imperial pieces, the manderville set, the inspector spectacles, the redbill scarf, all items handed to us during important parts of the game, and why they can't simply be armoired, and why, instead of allowing us free storage, the only other option we have is 100 gil to obtain a /new/ one later... just seems kinda tacked on...

Can't even store the three wedding sets I've got, I mean... just... c'mon...
    (3)
    Last edited by rosythorns4; 11-01-2017 at 12:34 AM.

Player
    Character
    A'lain Miukai
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 70
    I feel the same way. I want to get more mogstation items but I have nowhere to put them so I just don't spend the money. An update like that would probably actually make them more money from people buying glamours that they never got around to purchasing. I'm not about to buy another retainer just so I can buy more glam.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    W'rose Radiuju
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 80
    Would be a nice adjustment, unfortunately it seems like it would be low in terms of priority
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Sylbritt Muscadet
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 89
    Mog-shop items should definitely go into the Armoire, there is no excuse for that and the promotional gear too.

Making a new glamour set can require going through not just your armoury, your retainers and then the armoire, but also a trip to the nearest Calamity Salvager and then a trip to Mor Dhona to buy the Emporer's New items, if you want to hide something (maybe these could go in the armoire, too?).
    It's clunky, time-consuming and frustrating.

There is so much glamour I would like to buy from the Mog-Shop and so many dungeon drops I'd like to keep, but I simply don't have space to store it all, and I refuse to rent yet another retainer just to solve the issue.
    (3)
    Last edited by Solarra; 11-03-2017 at 07:02 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast