(0)

Player
    Character
    Y'dyalani Rhus
    World
    Louisoix
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    Love the idea of the whips from page 1. Also like dual pistols if they came wih Yunas X-2 glam. That would be nice to see. I suppose a fork if we ever et blue mage along the lines of Quina could be amusing.
    (0)

Character
    Tanuki Crash
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 70
    Throwing rings like Xena/Tron that actually came back animation wise.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Seraphitia Faro
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by illgot View Post
    Throwing rings like Xena/Tron that actually came back animation wise.
    Those throwing rings are chakrams. It's an actual, historic weapon from India that is primarily made for throwing, but can very well be used in melee as well. Though for obvious reasons, they do not return when thrown unless they somehow manage to ricochet off of stuff and it so happens to bring them back. Not very likely with humans strength limits, especially if they hit the target. Obviously this is a game, so yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverObi View Post
    11. Not against fans as weapons but again would need a new job
    Not only is this thread talking about new jobs, literally, but in this game every job is tied to a specific weapon. Saying "would need a new job" is utterly pointless and shows lack of careful reading.

As for bladed whip...those designs are not very realistic (not even close)...but a whip with a short blade at the end is much more so. There are obvious issues (how do you use the whip to strike with the edge rather than the side, without it turning and twisting around or how do you use it at closer than max range?!), but those actually could be explained with "it's a game, the character is just so skilled". After all, we're talking here about a game where archer can hit stuff at point blank all the while it can't even attempt to shoot at stuff that is more than "30 yalms" away (which seems to be what...15m?!).

That being said, nunchaku and tonfa are bare-handed martial arts weapons traditionally meant to give that "lethal edge" and means of defending against weapons (you wouldn't want to try and parry a sword with your bare hands...), so they are something that a monk, alternatively a ninja, would use. There is no way you could have added a new job that would be just a reskin of either of them all the while explaining why they picked that weapon over another.

Quarterstaff is not much different, but the fighting style is completely different so it would be easier to stretch it into a different weapon job.

I agree with a realistic hammers. The oversized junk that is often used is not only a pain to look at, but it is obviously a nonsensical weapon. From a hammer it's expected to pass on force of impact (cause, well, that's the point of "blunt" weapon), but over a limited area to deal maximum damage. And do so without having to spend half a minute just picking the hammer up after every swing...

The largest hammer I could see being used in combat would be the likes of a sledgehammer. Not exactly a "war" hammer, but a sort that most certainly could be seen on the battlefield as they could be used in preparing larger makeshift camps, so "they were around".
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Omega Arcane
    World
    Zurvan
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by xygar View Post

this too anime ? Darth Maul Double Bladed Light saber

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...-Discussion%21
    look at point 1 as to why u cant mix threads together thanks and bye
    It's confirmed double bladed kinna weapon
    (0)
    Last edited by OMega_ARcane; 04-28-2018 at 01:18 AM.
    If you need a friend, someone to talk to, or are on Zalera, feel free to add me on discord if you'd like: Omega_Arcane#6248

Character
    Natti Lockeheart
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70

battle fan and chained scythe for new PLD weapon, or new tank class altogether

(0)
    Last edited by Linx0r; 04-28-2018 at 02:39 AM.

Player
    Character
    Rayner Highwind
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 60
    What about the hook chain thing that black star uses in soul eater? That's an actual weapon that is used in martial arts. Maybe a different job branch... ninja's don't encompass every single martial art fighting style after all.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Blue Plenilune
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Blue Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Laerune View Post
    Yes to whip swords, I always liked them on Ivy in Soul Calibur games and JRPG like Legend of Heroes. I can see whip sword work for classes like Dancer or a new orginal FFXIV class.

I support this weapon type. For those that may be unaware, the whipblade has been featured in a previous Final Fantasy game. Specifically, it was used by Seven in Final Fantasy Type-0. As such, its inclusion wouldn't be a far fetched idea.

Also, yes, I hope that the next tank job will use a blunt weapon, such as a hammer. A gunhammer to be precise.
    (0)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5