Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Jaeger Strauss
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 63

Just curious... Do you prefer to play Sam or Drg?

I'm just about to hit 70 (69) on my Drg and I really love the job! I find the rotations quite simple and I dont tunnel vision on my loadout (which is a huge problem I have in this game more than any others), it is super flashy, has great utility and if I mess up is pretty forgiving.

My Sam is only 60 but I love it for basically all those same reasons lol (though I wish we had a unique buff instead of slashing but whatever). I even love the cast times (I love charge up moves like that). I know I still have a few skills to get but I dont foresee them changing the job drastically.

The point... What do you like about each job, amd what is your deciding factor on which of them you play?

I'm not asking which is better or that I should play. Just want a conversation.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Hugo Wolf
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 80
    I have all the melee classes at 70. My favorite is samurai and ninja. Dragoon follows in third. Samurai just has a very fluid rotation at 70 it’s fantastic, same with ninja(for me at least). Only issue i have with samurai is that the ringing from the moves gets annoying after awhile.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Jaeger Strauss
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 63
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugowulf View Post
    I have all the melee classes at 70. My favorite is samurai and ninja. Dragoon follows in third. Samurai just has a very fluid rotation at 70 it’s fantastic, same with ninja(for me at least). Only issue i have with samurai is that the ringing from the moves gets annoying after awhile.
    I hear that from a lot of people about tue ringing, and surprisingly it doesnt bother me. I've been wanting to try ninja for the longest but I just havent yet. I think its cuz I fell in love with drg, plus its my friends go to dps. Is the stealth and trick attack big parts of the job?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rasler-heios Nabradia
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    I main a DRG and is now at lv70. I play SAM and now at 60. I like both.

For SAM I like the rotation that is not much locked to positionals.
    For DRG, the classic jumping and diving, and the lore.
    (1)

"Is adventuring not supposed to be glorious? I thought it was supposed to be glorious." - Vath Deftarm, Dravanian Hinterlands, An Acquired Taste
    "That's a fine accomplishment lad. Young and lusty as you are, no doubt you'll achieve much and more in the years to come. I look forward to hearin' all your deeds." - Jonathas, Master of the Rolls, Old Gridania

Player
    Character
    Hugo Wolf
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Meta-Flare View Post
    I hear that from a lot of people about tue ringing, and surprisingly it doesnt bother me. I've been wanting to try ninja for the longest but I just havent yet. I think its cuz I fell in love with drg, plus its my friends go to dps. Is the stealth and trick attack big parts of the job?
    Trick attack is very powerful with raids/boss fights. As a ninja you always get a spot in a party. Downside is you have to be at the bosses rear to get it off. With a tank that likes to spin the boss it isn’t always fun(true north really helps). Stealth is not used so much sadly, aside from resetting ninjutsu before an encounter starts. Dragoon is also fun! Though it feels very slow to me(long combos).
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Jaeger Strauss
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 63
    Trick attack is very powerful with raids/boss fights. As a ninja you always get a spot in a party. Downside is you have to be at the bosses rear to get it off. With a tank that likes to spin the boss it isn’t always fun(true north really helps). Stealth is not used so much sadly, aside from resetting ninjutsu before an encounter starts. Dragoon is also fun! Though it feels very slow to me(long combos).
    I was always curious how ingrained those moves were to ninja, so thanks! Its funny, the long combos is part of what I like lol. After I finish dragoon I'm gonna level a tank (pal ) and then either finish sam or give ninja a go. I may go ninja just to mix things up. I feel like choosing the main melee dps job to play as is so hard lol.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Hugo Wolf
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Meta-Flare View Post
    I was always curious how ingrained those moves were to ninja, so thanks! Its funny, the long combos is part of what I like lol. After I finish dragoon I'm gonna level a tank (pal ) and then either finish sam or give ninja a go. I may go ninja just to mix things up. I feel like choosing the main melee dps job to play as is so hard lol.
    Hey that’s awesome! Paladin is in a pretty good spot right now too so your in luck. I personally like warrior more, that’s just me(I just like fell cleave).
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Jaeger Strauss
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 63
    Hey that’s awesome! Paladin is in a pretty good spot right now too so your in luck. I personally like warrior more, that’s just me(I just like fell cleave).
    I love the warrior armor, but I have always loved the theme behind paladin style characters, plus passage of arms is gorgeous! I started out as a drk but it became a bit too much for me.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Orlane Armilly
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 80
    I love SAM. Dunni mwhy thought, and I love DRG too!
    (0)
    "Là où il n'y a pas d'imagination, il n'y a pas d'horreur." Sherlock Holmes, Une étude en rouge, Conan Doyle

Player
    Character
    Minako Nightsong
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 70
    I have played them both and I like both, but Dragoon pulls ahead because of .....posing! Pose on a high cliff, bell tower, a statue, or anywhere else you can look really cool.
    (1)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast