Player
    Character
    Tyger Blue
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 70

Need a solo brd rotation for 60-70 leveling

Basically, I always level my alternate classes with hunts and bst tribe quests (which constantly keeps me full of ventures for my retainers), and I'm now working on my 62 brd, and since I'm a bit rusty with the changes since SB, I was hoping for a basic simple rotation for just killing stuff fast.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Burn Cykle
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 70
    It's all preference when it comes to just grinding world mobs.

But in general I use:

For single target:
    Straight Shot
    Bloodletter
    Empyreal Arrow
    Heavy Shot spam until dead

For Multiple targets:
    Straight Shot Target 1
    Stormbite

Stormbite additional targets

Back to target 1:
    Heavy Shot
    Bloodletter
    Empyreal Arrow

Spam this until all mobs dead.

I use my Chocobo in Defender Mode in all situations. Things die pretty fast for me.
    (0)
    Last edited by Remyogic; 01-16-2018 at 11:58 PM.

Player
    Character
    Tyger Blue
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 70
    No Dots? Mainly talking about mobs my level or 2 or 3 higher.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Baudouin Anjou
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 70
    Not very experienced with bard, but putting up dots under straight shot and( if possible) raging strikes, sing songs, then just use bloodletter, empyreal and sidewinder. Use Iron Jaws to reset dots when necessary. For aoe (not very likely if you solo stuff, but still), dot a couple of mobs then spam quick nock and rain of death.

Single target songs order is Wanderer's > Ballad > Paean, AOE is Ballad > Paean > Wanderer's.

So basically, SS > Raging Strikes > Venom > Wanderer's > Wind > Bloodletter+Sidewinder > Heavy > Barrage+Empyreal, PP when you have 3 stacks, then just upkeep SS and dots as necessary. Though for mobs of your level, they're likely to croak pretty fast, so you might even not need to renew dots.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Minako Nightsong
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 70
    Once you get to fate bosses and quest bosses you apply full blown openers and standard raid/dungeon rotations. I use a Healer Chocobo and all my jobs could solo fates and fate bosses with him. ( never solo fates your own level it's inefficient)

I did some fates on my bard last night and it seems using dots and songs even on fate mobs is a good idea. The potency of the stings isn't such a loss as I thought. So for fate mobs, world mobs, and quest mobs this rotation seems to burn them down pretty quick. I do not aoe anything when I am solo. I let the npc's and my Chocobo takes some hits so I am not swarmed, and I do not want to peel off any extras if other people are also doing the fate.

Straight shot-bloodletter-wind bite-song-venom bite-sidewinder-heavy shot-empyreal. Toss in other procs and raging strikes as you have them.
    (0)
    Last edited by Minako_Nightsong; 01-14-2018 at 11:59 PM. Reason: new Information

Character
    Apple Jinx
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 80
    In big pulls in dungeons just start with straight shot, dot up 2 or 3 mobs with stormbite and windbite, then play mage's ballad then spam rain of death and quick nook inbetween.
    For single target also just start with straight shot, bloodletter, raging strike, dot up, play wanderer's minuet, sidewinder, then barrage empyreal arrow after that just spam heavy shot and then re apply dots with iron jaw when they are below 3s on the timer, use pitch perfect only when you have max stack or you are about to run out, then rinse and repeat.
    The order of songs is wanderers > ballad > paeon
    (0)
    Last edited by AppleJinx; 01-17-2018 at 02:52 PM.

Player
    Character
    Burn Cykle
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by TygerBlue View Post
    No Dots? Mainly talking about mobs my level or 2 or 3 higher.
    My bad, "Sidewinder" is supposed to be "Stormbite".
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Chloe Redstone
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    BRD is a matter of clipping & priorities, which tend to boil down to similar patterns or principles.

Never let your DoT's fade.
    Never let your Straight-Buff fade.
    Never DoT targets without having your SS-Buff up FIRST.
    Refulgent & Misery's End at every opportunity. If you have Barrage cooled when Refulgent pops, use both for best effect -- otherwise, use it with Empyreal Arrow (no proc) or with SS-Proc at lower levels for a triple-crit.

Later on, Emp Arrow will add a proc to your active song - keep this in mind, especially when you're sitting on 2xPitchPerfect and want to force that 3rd proc for full damage.

Paen is your filler song, so get used to using that last. Openers and ST fights would typically start with Wanderer's, whereas Mage's Ballad is delicious in AoE situations. The more DoT's up, the better.

Typical mobs tend to die in 3-4 casts for me in basic 300-310 gear, but I tend to open with:
    SS > OGCD (eg. Bloodletter) > Storm > OGCD (eg. Song) > Venom > OGCD (eg. Empyreal, seeing as it'll add a stack to the active song), Heavy > OGCD (eg. Sidewinder). Begin the RNG-clip-fest.
    (0)