Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

The Feast - 4.2 Updates!

Hi, everyone!

To coincide with the end of the latest episode of Adrenaline Rush TV, the Japanese PvP stream, we have some new information about the Feast updates to share! Feel free to check out the stream here.

Allow me to share the updates with you!

New Map

The Crystal Tower Training Grounds, the new map that was unveiled during the last Letter from the Producer LIVE, will be the only map in the rotation for both solo and team ranked matches. However, it will actually have four different wall patterns that are decided randomly before the start of the match. A nice way to spice up your matches!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture1.png
Views:	875
Size:	2.95 MB
ID:	4872 Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture2.png
Views:	859
Size:	2.95 MB
ID:	4873

New UI Elements

The job icon will now be displayed next to a player's name plate!

Name:	Picture3.png
Views:	539
Size:	116.3 KB
ID:	4874

Medal icons have also been adjusted to match the updated medal system!

1-25 Medals
    Name:  Picture4.png
Views: 33
Size:  61.7 KB

26-50 Medals
    Name:  Picture5.png
Views: 49
Size:  62.9 KB

51-75 Medals
    Name:  Picture6.png
Views: 108
Size:  64.1 KB

76-100 Medals
    Name:  Picture7.png
Views: 80
Size:  65.0 KB

Can't pick up*
    Name:  Picture8.png
Views: 105
Size:  63.4 KB

* Since Patch 4.2 will add a role-based medal cap, there will be situations that prevent you from picking up medals.

For instance, a tank can carry up to 200 medals. Let's imagine a situation where the tank is currently carrying 150 medals, and 75 are dropped by an enemy player. This tank will be able to pick up 50 medals and 25 will remain on the ground. Either someone else from the team picks them up, or they will return to their initial carrier after a few seconds.

New Debuff Icons

Debuffs inflicted by Crowd Control actions (Bind, Stun, Heavy, Sleep, Silence) will now be easier to track thanks to the icons appearing above affected characters!

Name:	Picture9.png
Views:	1089
Size:	357.7 KB
ID:	4882

=====

That's it for now! If you have missed previous updates coming with Patch 4.2, have a look at this forum thread. You can also see some more images on the updated Patch 4.2 special site.

What do you think about these changes? Are you excited to create your team and compete with others? Let us your know your thoughts!
    (18)

Player
    Character
    King Canadane
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    Looking forward to the next season.
    (3)

http://king.canadane.com

Player
    Character
    Gunsa Cabalabob
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Are those debuff icons feast exclusive or will that be across all pvp areas like frontlines and rival wings?
    (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilthas View Post
    The anonymity of the internet is what leads people to become jerks online.

You could make a game where all you did was run through fields of flowers holding hands and you'd still get a guy telling you you're doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcshiggs View Post
    Everyone knows you skip through fields of flowers holding hands, running noobs need to go back to WoW.

Player
    Character
    Lace Valeria
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 80
    Thank you for the information, and the idea of 4 different configurations sounds interesting, but I'm a bit concerned with the part that mentions the new map will be the only map in the rotation for solo and ranked. Will this be for the preseason (I'm assuming with a new map, we'll have a preseason, yes?), or is this going to be a permanent thing? And what of the previous maps?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ash Primordial
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    I hope they have a priority system for the display of the debuff effects. If a player is affected by 2 debuffs like slow and stun, which one will appear? The stun is way more important to know for the mch ability for example or when you want to limit break somebody.

Would be good if its something like this
    Stun>Silence>Sleep> Bind=Heavy

but I fear the animation for the first debuff applied will stick for the whole duration until the next is shown.
    So I think its nice to see that they want to remove the necessity to track debuffs even more, but lets see how reliable it is.

Lichenweed map looked really good even though the abundance of obstacles made the original feast map a better map. But I don't see a reason to ditch both. Maybe they are still there for training and 8vs8 atleast?

Instead of different map presets, dynamic map terrain changes or new walls appearing/old walls disappearing at specific map times could be interesting.

Now its good to see that we got JP PvP info at the same time in other languages. Last time with Rival Wings, info was really late compared to jp ...
    (2)
    Last edited by Commander_Justitia; 01-12-2018 at 11:16 PM.

Player
    Character
    Makani Risvertasashi
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Looking forward to trying this out.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kai Lee
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 70
    Only one map? Boohoo, we need variety not more simplicity. The debuff is a good addition. I still hate the medal system but maybe it will be slightly better next season.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Hex Pathcrosser
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 72
    I hope you don't ditch the other maps completely and just rework them to be uniform (but taking place in different locations). Would help spice things up a bit. Love the randomness aspect.
    (0)

Character
    Matthieu Desrosiers
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    I really like the new method of displaying debuffs - it's a really nice touch.

The aesthetics of the new map are interesting, too. Is there a possibility of new music tracks being added in the future for Feast?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Blade Belisaire
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 78
    Can we get more information on what is happening with the other maps? Cutting content is not something that should be lightly thrown around...
    (1)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast