Page 1 of 39 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Regarding Reports on Recent Connection Problems with the NA Data Center

Hello everyone,

Thank you for your continued patience with the ongoing connection issues many of you have been reporting with the NA Data Centers. We are currently in the process of gathering information and passing along those connection issue details so we can find a proper resolution to help alleviate these concerns. Unfortunately, it can take some time for this due to the many parties involved. We appreciate your understanding and patience as we work to investigate the issue. If anyone receives an email requesting connection information, please respond to it as soon as possible so we can use that information in our report. Going forward, we will post updates regarding the situation as they become available.

We have compiled a few of the threads into a sticky post so all of the relevant information can be in one place. If any of you are having an issue related to this thread, post them here instead of creating a new thread so we can find the information more easily. We will also move new threads about this issue to this thread to better collect the data.

If you are having connection or latency issues, please make sure to try the following before posting in this thread:
    - Clearing the browsing history, cookies and cache in Internet Explorer (even if this is not your primary web browser). Do the same for the PS4 internet browser if on PlayStation 4.
    - Resetting your router by turning it off and leaving it off for a few minutes, then turning it back on.
    - Connecting your PC/Mac/PS4 directly into the modem with an Ethernet cable
    - Making exceptions for or temporarily disabling your firewall and/or anti-virus software
    - Opening the following TCP ports on your router/hybrid modem
    54992 through 54994
    55006 through 55007
    55021 through 55040
    *For instructions on how to set up port forwarding, please contact your router manufacturer or Internet Service Provider (if your router was supplied by them).

If you have done all of these steps and are still having problems, please provide some connection information to help us find a resolution. We are specifically looking for:
    - The kinds of connection issues you are having (lag, disconnections, etc.)
    - Any potential error codes
    - Your Internet Service Provider
    - Frequency
    - If you have the ability to perform a trace route, please post the details in full.

To those having connection issues with the EU Data Center: We understand that connection issues may be bigger than the scope of this thread. If you are having connection problems with the EU Data Center, we request that you continue creating new threads to report those concerns. We will continue to monitor these reports as well so we can find the appropriate solution for the EU Data Center, and create a single thread, if needed, once we can find a more common cause.

We understand that this is a frustrating issue and we intend to do everything we can in order to help you have a better experience with Final Fantasy XIV.

Update:
    This was posted later in the thread, but I also wanted to include it in the original post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Enkrateia View Post
    Thank you for patience and assistance while we worked with the upstream ISP in question to investigate the connection issues that have been reported throughout the thread. These reports, details, and traceroutes aided our infrastructure teams in conducting detailed investigations into the difficulties connecting to FINAL FANTASY XIV through certain upstream ISP servers. As a result of this investigation, it was found that the issues were not related to the FINAL FANTASY XIV servers. As such, we have also been sharing the collected data with the upstream ISP in question for further reviews and investigations.

We apologize that these difficulties have been ongoing, and that we don’t have an immediate resolution to share. Although we have no direct control of the situation, we’ll continue to work with the upstream ISP to investigate whether there are any specific troubles that they can isolate and work towards a solution. We’ll also share any additional updates should they become available.

If you wish to make detailed reports about your connection difficulties, we recommend contacting your local ISP directly to try to improve your connection with the upstream ISP.

Thank you again for your patience and assistance throughout this process.
    (0)
    Last edited by Enkrateia; 03-20-2018 at 06:04 AM. Reason: Added update from investigation.

Player
    Character
    Joe Popovic
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 31

Unstable connection with Cox ISP

In the last 3 weeks, I have had constant lag, especially in areas such as the Feast. It usually occurs in the evenings (5pm-9pm PST). I have no lag issues playing other games, except for this one.

I spoke with my ISP (Cox, Arizona) and they do not detect any issues with my connection. I have spoken with others who use Cox and they also experience frequent lag.

I have tried using VPN's such as Wtfast and the lag continues to occur. I am at the verge of quitting the game, as it is impossible to play with this lag.

When: 5pm-9pm PST everyday
    Platform: Windows PC
    Connection: Wired
    Programs while playing: Discord
    Internet Service Provider: Cox High Speed, Arizona
    (7)
    Last edited by joep; 12-14-2017 at 01:27 PM.

Character
    Lilila Lila
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 80
    Same issues here, same ISP and same state.

In another thread, another user narrowed it down to an issue with some nodes through Los Angeles, where Cox hands the data off to NTT:
    ae-7.a00.lsanca20.us.bb.gin.ntt.net [129.250.194.165]
    ae-3.r01.lsanca20.us.bb.gin.ntt.net [129.250.2.233]
    ae-8.r23.lsanca07.us.bb.gin.ntt.net [129.250.6.48]

It's very annoying. I don't think it's anything SE can handle, as it is an issue with the route Cox takes to the datacenter though, sadly. I hope something is done soon though...the thought of having to get a VPN for this makes me sad.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Wolfram Blackthorne
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    I'm also in Arizona on Cox with this exact same issue. I started a thread which got moved to the "Separate Support Required" section and locked.
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/353963-Constant-Dropped-Packets-Rubberbanding?p=4508492&viewfull=1#post4508492

You might be being routed through a section of NTT's network located in Los Angeles which seems to be heavily congested. Judging by the Technical Support forum, along with Reddit posts this is an issue effect a great number of players who have to use this particular NTT hop. It's been an ongoing struggle.

Try running a Traceroute to FFXIV's lobby server.
    tracert 209.2.229.9

Then check if you see any of NTT's hops located in Los Angeles
    I.e. lsanca20.us.bb.gin.ntt.net

I've been running a ping to FFXIV when I got home today around 4:30PM PST and monitoring it. I get the occational packet loss, but not enough to impact gameplay. However sure enough, like clockwork, as soon as 7:30PM PST rolls around, the one particular Los Angeles NTT node becomes congested and the rubberbanding begins.

Pinging the node in question, ae-3.r01.lsanca20.us.bb.gin.ntt.net
    10% packet loss

And pinging all the way to the FFXIV Lobby server
    12% packet loss

Unfortunately, its been like this for me for over a month, and looks like something NTT has to fix (not Cox)
    (3)
    Last edited by Ravenguard; 12-14-2017 at 01:48 PM.

Good Morning, and thank you for posting on the Final Fantasy XIV Technical Support Forums.

We do apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced. We are trying to find the best way to assist everyone with their connection issues, but because of the dynamic nature of the network and the multiple parties involved, we have little control over the matter. Please note that there are many parties/companies between you and the servers, this means that if there is a hiccup along the way (sometimes caused by local conditions), we may have trouble assisting. The nodes through Los Angeles (operated by NTT) has no connection or affiliation with Square Enix. Because of this, we recommend that you report your connection issues and packet loss to your ISP and specify exactly where the problem is occurring. We are escalating this on our side as well so it can be investigated and reported. Unfortunately, we cannot get a fix at this time, but we hope we can assist in any way we can.

We hope we can be of assistance in helping you enjoy the exciting world of Final Fantasy XIV!
    (1)
    Last edited by Einmimiria; 12-15-2017 at 06:07 AM.

Player
    Character
    Callie Marie
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    What is the current solution for this issue? As you can see from the numinous posting, many of the players cannot play. This has been going on for a few weeks now, I had hope this be cleared up by now.

So Until there is a solution, I will need to suspend my account. How can anyone play with consistent lost in connection? I cannot pay for something I’m getting only limited service on.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Riko Futatabi
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    There's also numerous other hops at the east coast that give me around 30% packet loss, consistently. I'm not Cox ISP though, my ISP is Sky Fibre broadband and I've had this issue since patch 4.06a(Over 3 month ago) and of course I've talked with my ISP many times. Blah blah blah, it's got me nowhere. Why the hell am I still playing?!...I like my friends I guess.

Here's the nodes I'm having trouble with, I don't really expect much but I'm just reporting more troublesome hops/nodes w/e.

ae-5.r24.nycmny01.us.bb.gin.ntt.net

ae-2.r20.sttlwa01.us.bb.gin.ntt.net

ae-0.r21.sttlwa01.us.bb.gin.ntt.net

They all range from 20%~60% packet loss. I'm sure it gets even worse, it's very erratic. But it's always these 3 hops/nodes.
    (1)

Thank you for your reply,

Gilaverde, unfortunately, there is not a solution at this time, nor can we guarantee one. We are trying to collect as much information as we can in order to investigate. All the information we obtain will be escalated in order to assist in any way we can.

Riko_Futatabi, thank you for providing us with this information, I will add it to our investigation.

Thank you for visiting the Final Fantasy XIV Technical Support Forums.
    (1)

Character
    Lilila Lila
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 80
    Would it be helpful if I documented and posted all of my hops to the server? Let me know if there's anything I can do to support the investigation and thank you for your swift response on this matter
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Dualgunner View Post
    Would it be helpful if I documented and posted all of my hops to the server? Let me know if there's anything I can do to support the investigation and thank you for your swift response on this matter
    Yes, that would be very helpful. You can also try giving that information to your ISP, tell them exactly where you think the issue is. Reporting it to us will help us investigate, but we ultimately can't control how your ISP routes to our server.

Thank you for your patience and cooperation everyone.
    (2)

Page 1 of 39 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast