Player
    Character
    Irys Baccara
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 69

The Heretic Among Us--------BLM

I WAS having SOOOOOOOOOO much fun playing my BLM UNTIL I got to this Q, well I've had it, no more. I'd get so close and get " DUTY FAILED" Well guess what DUTY is FORGOTTEN! I'm putting my BLM to SLEEP! And YES I watched all the vids, etc...........
    Just came to VENT!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    King Canadane
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    I don't understand.
    (0)

http://king.canadane.com

Player
    Character
    Almandaragal Sedai
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Ah yes, this one was... far from fun. I mained BLM through 4.0, only switching to RDM before doing 4.1, so I did this one as a BLM, and boy was it infuriating at someone who plays with a smaller screen so I don't lag as much. In case you haven't beaten this yet, or plan to try again with BLM, the key here is making sure none of the assisting Knights die. That means when "Inquisitor Guillaime" gets to 90%ish and spawns those wyrmhounds, you need to immediately target that one up on the ridge and aggro it. The video I watched to make sure which fight this was, they wyrmhounds came down, but in my variations they didn't, so I had to run up with the knight, scathe the wyrmhound, and bring it down so I could slaughter it, otherwise it would slaughter the archer, and you definitely need them later, since you don't get to stand still much for this fight. Sleep whichever ones you're not downing, take them all down quickly, then go back to the boss from there. The biggest thing is to make sure that your NPC friends aren't taking much damage in the first phase before he transforms, because they are your saving grace afterwards. Staying near enough to get healed while laying DoT and whatever decent spells you can around scathe are your best bet. It's an absolutely hellish fight for a BLM with all the movement, and moreso because you need the NPCs to help you out, but you'll want to get used to it. The BLM job quests are as equally hair-pulling later, to test your worth.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Clown Conductor
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Uh blm job quests were a joke but I guess when the game randomly decides to throw you some focus certain targets in duty and actually move out of bad orange it gets hard for some people.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Frizze Steeleblaze
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    Um... ok. This fight was so difficult and impactful that i couldnt even remember the quest having a fight. I looked up a video and vaguely remember it now. This isnt a fight you should struggle with. The fight a couple quests prior at Witchdrop is the hard one. You already made it past there. This quest presumes you learned from that fight how useful your teammates are. Keep the archer up, he does great damage. Stand in range of the guy who can heal you. Dont stand close enough that any of them share any aoes targeting you. Dodge the aoes. As a BLM, use your sleep spell if you can to take a target or two out of the fight for a few secs while its friends die. And you can put a healing potion on your bar as an emergency backup if you feel the need.

But then again, you didnt ask for help. You wanted to vent. So venting accomplished. Some solo instances are easier for certain classes, but every class can complete every quest if they use the right strat and play well. Some people level multiple classes and switch to the one they think will be easier, others refuse to switch and force themselves to adapt. Choose the path that works for you on these solo missions. Good luck!
    (1)

Character
    Nephthys Yamada
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    All I know is....I earned my Level 70 Black Mage through blood sweat..and tears.

don't remember details....but I still have nightmares over it. O.o;;;
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Shalya Arlemoire
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    It's the same like all job quests: if adds spawn leave the boss and kill the adds first. In this fight, if you continue damage the boss more enemies will spawn and will overwhelming you. If you take out the adds step by step, the durendaire knights will do their best to keep them busy til all are gone

I remember that I tried to burn down the boss at my first try (overgeared it) that only led to a wipe.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Irys Baccara
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 69
    I finally did it, Thanks ALL!
    (2)