Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Player
    Character
    Tyger Blue
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 70
    I've been trying, but the sheer amount of items makes it a bit hard to find the cheap stuff. I really wish you could sort by price (maybe you can and I just haven't found the option yet).
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Alinhbo Rhiki
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    I say take your time unless you have a lot of excess Gil. The way I got started was by crafting the basic furniture or stuffed whatever with my Weaver and Leatherworker. I then filled in the rooms for the crafts I don't have via the Market Board, Housing Merchant and Beast Tribes. I also collected any housing item I could from seasonal events and quests/Fates like Foxy Lady. One warning is to be careful of what you see on the MB. Frequently you can by those same items for less from vendors, seals or tomestones so it pays to look around before buying off the MB.
    (1)

Character
    Nephthys Yamada
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by NephthysVasudan View Post
    Ill have to check that...thought it was 100CP - at least for me it was...i thought it was lol.

I'll get back to you on that.
    Yup..its just 10 point bonus. Not really worth that much.
    (0)

Character
    Nephthys Yamada
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by TygerBlue View Post
    good to know they would be a waste of space since all of my crafters are 60plus.
    You have a storage option...so excess furniture can be hidden away out of site without having to toss it.
    (0)

Character
    Tanuki Crash
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 70
    I didn't bother trying to decorate my house until I maxed out all crafting professions.

For an apartment though, you are probably fine just using vender sold housing items. Buy a few specialty items off the auction house if you really want them, but try and decorate your house with vender sold items only to get a feel for how the system works and item limits.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Azuko Kouen
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 81
    There's some housing stuff you can buy at your grand company too with seals. If you have your own FC and/or access to FC credits, there's another NPC that sells housing items for company credits. But why would you decorate a room so cheaply when you can make most furniture yourself?

Here's a good site for inspiration: https://housingsnap.com/
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nana Wiloh
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    If you also have your Miner and Botanist at 60 best option would be to craft what you want or need. It will cost you some time and a little gil but you will save more gil in the end. If you have not done it already set your retainers as botanist and Miner, get them too your level and they can gather almost everything you can. Here is a helpful site as well for getting crafting rotations for most Recipes http://ffxiv-beta.lokyst.net/#/simulator
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Alinhbo Rhiki
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by NanaWiloh View Post
    If you also have your Miner and Botanist at 60 best option would be to craft what you want or need. It will cost you some time and a little gil but you will save more gil in the end. If you have not done it already set your retainers as botanist and Miner, get them too your level and they can gather almost everything you can. Here is a helpful site as well for getting crafting rotations for most Recipes http://ffxiv-beta.lokyst.net/#/simulator
    Never knew about the simulator. Thanks.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nephie Elz
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 90
    Just make sure to utilize the housing merchants for really cheap items, retainer ventures that will drop them randomly, the gold saucer, and the grand companies (coffee tables, beds, suitcases, interior items, et cetera) as well if you want to furnish your house on a limited budget in conjunction with everyone else's advice. It also helps to have friends or guild members, or any personal connections that may be able to help you.

Oh, and Deep Dungeon has a few items for housing as well.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Zajeel Zugunruhe
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 70
    use the steward npc... you can buy lots of cheap furniture that covers the basics. check on MB also for anything cheap, you may find bargains on items you want
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2