Player
    Character
    Tyger Blue
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 70

Please help me furnish my apt as cheap as possible

So after purchasing the heavensturn Dog furnishing, thinking it was a minion, I realized I had no where to put it and nothing to do with it, so I compounded the mistake by going out and buying an apartment.

As easy as it would be to go crazy decorating it, I want it to me more functional and helpful than beautiful. I have all of my crafts to the low 60's, but I"m not exactly sure which items I can make, which items to buy from npc's, and which are just easier to get from ah.

I have 2 npc's, and I would also like summoning bell, armoire, 'styling' bell, jukebox, plants (not sure how many) and 2 (is that the max?) crafting stations.

Can I make these items with my crafting level, or will I have to buy them?

Any other style items that are easily attainable, really cheap at ah or cheap at npc would be great too.

I'm newly back to the game, and the housing sort of overwhelmed me in a good way, but its fun.

Thanks
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Auriana Redsteele
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 82
    If you have your crafters at level 60+, then you can make nearly all housing items.
    Some of them require materials that are hard and/or expensive to get though.

Most plants are fairly easy to make, but the rest of the items you list can get expensive.

The NPC vendors inside the apartment lobby carry a number of basic housing items - some of which are only available from them, and the Housing Merchant in the housing district.
    For things not found there, you will have to craft it yourself or buy from AH.

Going through in detail how and where you can obtain each and every one of the several hundred existing housing items would take far too long, so I am not going to do it.

Search your crafting logs to see what items you can make, and what materials are needed for them. Search the web to see where you can obtain the materials. Check the AH (including history) to see what things cost there.
    Do not rush.
    Do not panic.

As a word of warning, making your house/apartment look good will take a lot of time and/or gil.
    It is fun though!
    (1)

Character
    Nephthys Yamada
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by TygerBlue View Post
    <snip>
    As a new home owner myself....I can tell you right now - what you ask is not entirely that simple.

1: You can CHEAPLY get your furnishings from NPC shops at various locations which I won't get into. Not all furnishings will fit in an apartment mind you.
    2: For every piece of furniture - it likely has cousins of various sizes/kinds/types/stlyes.

What happens is you end up with chaos.
    Start here ---> http://en.ff14housing.com/

At least you can SEE...before you buy/grab/craft.
    Be weary of the market board.....stupid high pricing is not a good thing.
    Pick a style and go with it. Some items are mogstation - others are high level crafts. But you should be able to go with something that suits your style.
    Happy shopping/crafting.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Tyger Blue
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 70
    I realize I was a bit general and asking for a lot, but thanks for the tips and helpful push in the right direction. That website looks amazing.

It's nice to know my crafting can be put to good use again.

Thanks
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Fox Briarthorn
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 90
    The crafting stations are for show once you've reached 60 as they don't provide an added benefit past that level.
    (0)

Character
    Nephthys Yamada
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Dustytome View Post
    The crafting stations are for show once you've reached 60 as they don't provide an added benefit past that level.
    That and they only give you an extra 100GP (pre 60)...which I guess is good to a certain point - but in other cases may not be that much of a benefit.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Fox Briarthorn
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by NephthysVasudan View Post
    That and they only give you an extra 100CP (pre 60)...which I guess is good to a certain point - but in other cases may not be that much of a benefit.
    Pretty sure it's a 10 cp bonus. 100 cp extra would be great for leveling crafts!
    (1)

Character
    Nephthys Yamada
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Dustytome View Post
    Pretty sure it's a 10 cp bonus. 100 cp extra would be great for leveling crafts!
    Ill have to check that...thought it was 100CP - at least for me it was...i thought it was lol.

I'll get back to you on that.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tyger Blue
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 70
    good to know they would be a waste of space since all of my crafters are 60plus.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Merida Quigg
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 80
    It is all about aesthetics for those! I would also check out the MB, because the housing lull a lot of furniture is very cheap off the mb right now, minus things like the new Hingan furniture!
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast