Player
    Character
    Tani Shirai
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Mavrias View Post
    I mean the shared EXP isn't the issue but go off I guess.
    I mention shared EXP because all other aspects already have the groundwork to be circumvented, through traits. Even SCH and SMN already have differing traits and abilities before their split. At that point, the two jobs can be as differentiated as the developers like; there is no necessary systemic compromise except for the shared EXP.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Calista Fallon
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    I hate the bard look and try and ranger it up as often as I find the gear to glam.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Scarlett Dzian
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 76
    Quote Originally Posted by Shurrikhan View Post
    I mention shared EXP because all other aspects already have the groundwork to be circumvented, through traits. Even SCH and SMN already have differing traits and abilities before their split. At that point, the two jobs can be as differentiated as the developers like; there is no necessary systemic compromise except for the shared EXP.
    Sch/Smn has always been problematic for so many reasons. Smn used to be fairly weak but the devs were pretty much stuck. They were so restricted with what they could do because any buffs to it's dots for example would also buff scholar and overpower it.

The core mechanics of the pets as well have caused problems for the class as well. Thats why pets them selves havent really changed much. Any changes to pet mechanics for one class would affect the other.

The whole thing has been a nightmare to work with and it demonstrates problems that players warned the devs of way back in 1.0.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tani Shirai
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzian View Post
    Sch/Smn has always been problematic for so many reasons. Smn used to be fairly weak but the devs were pretty much stuck. They were so restricted with what they could do because any buffs to it's dots for example would also buff scholar and overpower it.

The core mechanics of the pets as well have caused problems for the class as well. Thats why pets them selves havent really changed much. Any changes to pet mechanics for one class would affect the other.

The whole thing has been a nightmare to work with and it demonstrates problems that players warned the devs of way back in 1.0.
    I'm not disagreeing with that; I'm simply saying that every reason they gave for those issues has since been reworked in its underlying systems to the point that it would now be a nonissue. Two jobs using the same skill no longer have to have the same attached potencies or effects. Two jobs with the same base class no longer need to share the same class traits or keep all the skills from said class. Just as PvP glamours were absolutely "theoretically impossible" a mere 3 months before implementation, the systems are literally one step away from being able to balance jobs (and the leveling experiences) from the same base class entirely separately, and yet this excuse just dangles there, all the while dismissing out of hand plethora of otherwise lucrative job possibilities and overarching design concepts.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Klowdy Wylde
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Meta-Flare View Post
    The entire idea and aesthetic. Its stupid to me. I know tons of people love them but I just never got it. I would much rather be a character that uses magic, alchemy, or technology to buff than songs.

I think the reason I hate it so much more in here is because it robs me of my favorite fantasy archetype. I wish they would have split the job like with arcanist. A bard soul and ranger soul. This way the people who like the idea and those that don't each can still use a bow.
    Vikings used to sing and quote poetry while in the middle of battle, and everyone was completely scared of them. Maybe the problem is the picture in your head. Don't think about prince valiant belting out Katy Perry, try to think about something like the Vikings.

Also, bards in this game are pretty much straight damage dealers at this point. Nothing like monks or samurai, but not as much singing as you would think.
    (0)

Player

I've also wanted a pure archer class as well
    (0)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6